Demrottens

novice WoW info for a noob

10 posts in this topic

Okay so like 8 years ago or more I played world of warcraft but it was a trial version and they told me to pay, I obviously couldn't cause I was nine YO so I stoped playing but then I made my mother buy the game for me, the full game the first version of the game and so, It came with two codes of 1 month each and in later versions they said you could play for free until lvl 40 so I think with codes and all I have like unitl lvl 40 and then two months But that day when I read that I thought wow! This is shiet, I payed like 80 dollars and they give me only 2 months, this is so bloody unfair Im out goodbye

And I left the game box on a shelf and it got full of dust until some days ago when I heard it had a singleplayer mode and I started to wonder if I could still play it. Problem is in this computer I have no CD box or case or driver or however it is called in english, I have no thing to put CDs inside

So my questions are:

1.- Can I still use my codes to play online? (this is not so important, soon you will understand why)

2.- Can I use my codes to activate the singleplayer version? Cause I have bought the game and Im sure they don't make you pay for playing singleplayer, so I want at least my singleplayer game, which have costed my mother 80 bucks

3.- I am thinking about installing a pirate version to play online, does it have singleplayer? To at least imagine those 80 bucks were spent wisely T-T

I tried to ask these questions on the official forum but when I made my account I couldn't use the WoW forum so I think I have to buy it to use the forum but I have already bought it and I do not know how to demonstrate I already have it and I am not waiting 9 days just to play the original version so I will check if pirate version has singleplayer and if not just play online until 7 in the morning

Also does not make any sense that you have to actualy buy the game to ask these simple questions 

This world is moved by money....

Moved to WoW general discussion from Hearthstone general discussion.

1 person likes this

You could at least try to explain to him instead of spouting things like this.

I had to make an account just for this. Next time just don't reply to up your count post.

As far for OP, no. There is no such things as single player. I don't know where you had this information but that is false.

The only thing that WoW offers for single players are quests (some requires people), collections (some requires people).. etc etc.

This is not a single player game. It's a MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

The costs are fair, 15$USD/month, that is fair for the upkeep. It's standard and it will always be for any online video game in its genre.

You don't need to pay the game to post on the official forums.

To uses your CD-Keys, you need to have a Battle.net account and you attach your CD-Keys to it.

If you said 10 years ago, you must only have the normal WoW which.. is almost free nowadays.

Then again, I don't know where you had your infos because there's no such things as "free until 40" it's 20.

As for the prices, are you kidding me? lol It's standard. It's how business runs.

You pay the game then you pay your subs. That's how it is.

You pay the game, you pay the subscription fees afterward. You don't want to join the bandwagon?

Go to a private server. :^)

It's like you're asking that you want a permit to drive a car since you bought one at 40k and you're like "it's unfair that I need to pay for my license then renew it each years aftewards".

Anyways, that's my two cents. I don't want to offend you, it's Sith that made me sour.

Edited by Nayuki

11 minutes ago, Nayuki said:

it's Sith that made me sour.

All Sith did was inform the OP that he had posted in the wrong section so I'm not sure exactly how he offended you. 

1 person likes this

OP seemed clueless and I hate people not trying to help.

To me, Sith's comment was just a up post for the post count as many does on many forums instead of trying to help the poor guy.

It's not constructive at all, it's just a redirect.

He could have just left it there with no reply and let a moderator switch his topic to an appropriate sub-forum to receives some help.

We're all aware it's the wrong section but nothings stops us to try and help the poor guy.

Saying "hurr it's Heartstone" who cares? It's a Blizzard game. He seemed clueless and needs help.

Today though, someone redirected me to a post about Method and their recent win (grats guys) and at the bottom I stumbled across this post and that made me sour as hell.

That's why I stood up and ran a wall of text. It is biter but I'm typing more words than saying "hurr durrr".

Something along ;

Hey buddy, you're on the wrong sub forum! No worries I can try to help. Yes you can uses these codes if they aren't already linked to a B.Net account and no.. sorry there's no singleplayer. It's a MMO. Maybe the singleplayer that you've heard of is playing on a private server which isn't the same magic.

I DON'T KNOW.

Oh by the way OP, as for your installation you need to download the Battle.net Application.

You don't need CD/DVD anymore. All you need to do is download their app and BAM! ;D

Edited by Nayuki

12 minutes ago, Nayuki said:

Saying "hurr it's Heartstone" who cares?

A little exaggerated don't you think? 

4 minutes ago, KingMe said:

A little exaggerated don't you think? 

It is. It is exaggerated. To my point of view, at least I tried to help OP. Hell I created an account just for the sole of it because of Sith.

That just baffled me. Like I said, he could have left the post as it is and let you move the topic.

When people come to me to ask for help, I'm not telling them "I'm not a **** I'm a ***".

I'll try to figure out what they want and how can I help.

We're supposed to be a community, a source of information and help each others with resources and knowledge.

How do you think OP would think of it? Take a second and think.

"Wow, what a shitty forum. I'mma skip that one and go to another source they're just pointing me I'm on the wrong directions with no guidance whatsoever"

Maybe someone else would have answered OP in a proper way after that? Who knows.

I just wanted to share my two cents on the matters.

1 person likes this

Come on guys. Yes, Nayuki was correct, in my opinion. If I was Sith and responding, I would have actually been helpful instead of using the mindless "..." at the end of the sentence, and I may have said something like "This isn't the right forum for WoW, you may wish to repost at the wow forum, and here's the LINK to there.

See, I think Nayuki was expounding a load of frustration about the mindless, idiotic, NON-HELPFUL state of a lot of people posting these days. If you aren't gonna be helpful and just spout off (Sith) then shut up and don't post. I had a similar experience recently here where I said PLEASE do not post the canned answer "go sim your character" because that's not what I was asking. So the first guy that posted wrote a PAGE on simming my character. It was all done just to make me look like an idiot, he simply could have said "yer an idiot" if that's how he felt, but instead designed a huge long post that boiled down to "you don't know what yer talking about" and the moderators should well have removed it cuz it wasn't even my question and his response served no purpose to the discussion.

And it's the SAME THING with this Sith. Shut up if you aren't gonna be helpful.

So yeah, I get flustered too with the drivel I see, unfortunately the 'net in a lot of ways has made it easy for some people to be faceless, belittling jerks to others with no consequence.

Cheers to Nayuki, I'm with you on this one. Maybe we should both be moderators :)

Edited by smtips
edit

If you take a look at Sith's post history, he posts a huge amount in the Hearthstone forums, which by extrapolation most likely means he is a Hearthstone player. The OP asked a number of questions aimed at World of Warcraft, a Blizzard game that may share a similar backstory, but has nothing in common in regards to the way in which the games are played or managed. 

Sith commented saying that the post was in the wrong forum. Evidently, the OP did not know that this was the wrong forum or he would not have commented in the Hearthstone forum. Sith may not know the answer to any of the questions that were asked, since he may never have played WoW. There are huge amounts of HS players that have never touched WoW once.

Yeah, he could have just left the post alone and let a moderator deal with it, but if we were asleep or whatever, the post could have sat there with no answers at all. The OP could have been sat there wondering why nobody was answering his question. Sith answered, gave him the opportunity to remake the post and delete this one. Instead, a moderator was available and moved the post.

I'd also like to state that you seem to be looking to pick a fight with the poster in that other thread, smtips. He gave a perfectly valid response. 

I'm closing this thread.

1 person likes this