FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrEdren

So much for Mantle

Early sims of the post-nerf put it below the crown for sin, 5th for sub and completely off the list for outlaw. 

40 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

Early sims of the post-nerf put it below the crown for sin, 5th for sub and completely off the list for outlaw. 

It's still good I think, just not BiS for every spec anymore. I'm sure it's still going to see some use, because it offers an unparalleled burst window. For stuff like priority adds or high damage phases, it's still going to be very useful.

Having 1 legendary be the best for every spec needs tuning though, so I agree with it as a whole. Also I STILL don't have it yet so fuck you all who do lol  -___-

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

It's still good I think, just not BiS for every spec anymore. I'm sure it's still going to see some use, because it offers an unparalleled burst window. For stuff like priority adds or high damage phases, it's still going to be very useful.

Having 1 legendary be the best for every spec needs tuning though, so I agree with it as a whole. Also I STILL don't have it yet so fuck you all who do lol  -___-

I don't disagree that it probably needed some tweaking. Hey, at least we aren't Arms warriors :/

4 minutes ago, Silvya said:

Maybe this will allow us to run some t19 2p + t20 4p gear. I suppose bis in sin and sub will be boots and wrists?

Denial got cut to 0.2, but idk enough about sub to make a guess.  It wouldn't surprise me to see sin move to boots/ring (deeper strat second talent) and 3x envenom 

6 hours ago, Silvya said:

Maybe this will allow us to run some t19 2p + t20 4p gear. I suppose bis in sin and sub will be boots and wrists?

Sub's boots are actually pretty bad now, after the change to make SStrike melee only while in combat (that and we aren't Energy starved anymore)

The Wrists, Gloves, Ring (Ravenholdt), Shoulders, and even Prydaz are probably completely fine to use.

All the nerfs did was make the make the other options which were a little less good more viable, so that people who hadn't gotten the top 2 legendaries yet didn't feel awful about the ones they have. Nothing is ruined, they're all extremely close in value

Just now, Carrn said:

Sub's boots are actually pretty bad now, after the change to make SStrike melee only while in combat

The Wrists, Gloves, Ring (Ravenholdt), Shoulders, and even Prydaz are probably completely fine to use.

All the nerfs did was make the make the other options which were a little less good more viable, so that people who hadn't gotten the top 2 legendaries yet didn't feel awful about the ones they have. Nothing is ruined, they're all extremely close in value

Don't be too sad, you'll get the shoulders one day.

3 minutes ago, Silvya said:

Don't be too sad, you'll get the shoulders one day.

:'(

Bosses still die without them, so it's not the end of the world. At least that's what I tell myself.

Just now, Carrn said:

:'(

Bosses still die without them, so it's not the end of the world. At least that's what I tell myself.

TBH I not a huge fan of the shoulders design, except for questing. I find wrists/gloves/rings more interesting/fun to use.

5th for sub? The 6 sec ->5 sec nerf hardly even matters especially with vanish bug, lmao. Its still our best. The one that hit hard was bracers, but even that is still BiS too.

2 minutes ago, Silvya said:

TBH I not a huge fan of the shoulders design, except for questing. I find wrists/gloves/rings more interesting/fun to use.

Really? It turns Vanish into a huge burst cooldown, it's great for quick damage checks or that sort of thing, especially if you combine it with Death from Above. The wrists and rings are so passive, they don't change your gameplay at all.

35 minutes ago, Darkbarkain said:

5th for sub? The 6 sec ->5 sec nerf hardly even matters especially with vanish bug, lmao. Its still our best. The one that hit hard was bracers, but even that is still BiS too.

Bracers weren't hit hard at all lol. It's a few seconds less each time around, not a big deal 

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Really? It turns Vanish into a huge burst cooldown, it's great for quick damage checks or that sort of thing, especially if you combine it with Death from Above. The wrists and rings are so passive, they don't change your gameplay at all.

Vanish was used anyway in sub and the cd is long. Either way there is no change in gameplay, but I find a buff in stat on a long CD less interesting than the other mechanics (bonus talent, cleave in front of you or the extending system). When sprint could triger vanish that was interesting though.

17 hours ago, Darkbarkain said:

Basing anything you do on a bug isn't really a valid suggestion/theory.

9 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Basing anything you do on a bug isn't really a valid suggestion/theory.

And that is true... why? Its an effective way to increase your DPS and its been in the game for over a year now if I'm not mistaken, even without it shoulders would still be better than everything. So yes, I think its quite a valid suggestion to use vanish bug if you don't want to gimp yourself for no other reason than "because its a bug."

Just like its a valid suggestion to not use Weaponmaster with Death From Above because DfA will bug out if WM procs - and you wont get the eviscerate after the spin.

Edited by Darkbarkain