FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3: Scythe of the Unmaker Transmog

31810-patch-73-antorus-the-pantheon.jpg

Scythe of the Unmaker is a new Polearm that will be dropping from the final boss of Antorus, Argus the Unmaker. After TaeshalachTaeshalach from Aggramar, this is the second weapon that can be found in Antorus loot tables.

More information about Antorus rewards including mounts can be found here.

WoWScrnShot_080217_180912.jpg

• Like 1

Analyzing the staff, it shows great resembrance to Ulduar-type gear on the "hilt" while having a striking resemblance to sha-infested gear from MoP at the top of the blade. As sha are part of old gods and old gods part of void lords; having it drop from someone like Argus - who was corrupted by Sargeras - would indicate Sargeras has been influenced by the Void Lords after all...

This would be another retcon...

1 hour ago, Yridaa said:

Analyzing the staff, it shows great resembrance to Ulduar-type gear on the "hilt" while having a striking resemblance to sha-infested gear from MoP at the top of the blade. As sha are part of old gods and old gods part of void lords; having it drop from someone like Argus - who was corrupted by Sargeras - would indicate Sargeras has been influenced by the Void Lords after all...

This would be another retcon...

Looks like I'm mistaken, opening the model in 3d actually doesn't show the sha traits like some of the weapons do in MoP. Looks too "crystally" for it to be sha, which looked more organic (Aside from the white protruding spikes). Still seems very void-y; although the 3d models never show the special effects properly like it does in-game. Undecided.

1 hour ago, Durf24 said:

I like that scythe, sadly I can't get it or the sword from Aggramar as my main :/ Wonder if they can be obtained in LFR...

General rule: If it looks cool we'll never see it in LFR.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, PatrickHenry said:

I wouldn't turn down either if I were blessed with the RNG to get them. 

Never USE them, I'm sure, but I wouldn't turn them down.

They'd look great in my character's library to occasionally look at and reference in passing conversation.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 7:51 AM, genbag said:

finally a scythe for my dk that doesn't looks like a farmer scythe or is ****ing cyan blue or pink.

Farmer scythes are where the real damage is at.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:39 PM, Sawzorthn said:

General rule: If it looks cool we'll never see it in LFR.

I can confirm that it does drop in LFR first run on LFR Seat on my Alt DK it dropped for me (thats not my actual mog, just dressing room mog shopping)

image.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Ivan Kuzkin is back with another mix , with a bit more focus on the PvE side of WoW esports, with Mythic+ getting a prominent chunk, followed by the Arena action similar to what's we've already seen, but featuring a brand new first-person outlaw Rogue PoV. This is all built with IKedit's trademark amazingly fluid animations and crazy armor effects any warrior would kill for (and kill with, as it happens).

Related IKedit articles:
      Secrets of Ulduar Remastered
      Best of 2019 PvP Cinematic & More
      Extinction Machinima - Sargeras' Sword Vs. Azeroth
      Fall of the Lich King
      The Wrathgate
      Fury of the Sunwell
      The Black Temple
      The Gods of Zul'Aman
      Demon Hunters Machinima
      Class Series Machinima: Druid
    • By Stan
      We're looking at how rain in Ardenweald looks like. Courtesy of Reddit user zugzug_workwork.
      Blizzard is constantly improving weather effects in WoW and here is how raining in Ardenweald, one of the new Shadowlands zones, looks like.
    • By Stan
      Yesterday, we previewed Great Vault, the new weekly chest of Shadowlands, but many players were confused about how the rewards from Mythic Dungeons will be calculated, so here's are some clarifications.
      To unlock more loot choices in the Great Vault, you must complete the following objectives related to Mythic Dungeons:
      Slot #1: Complete 1 Mythic Dungeon Slot #2: Complete 5 Mythic Dungeons Slot #3: Complete 15 Mythic Dungeons If you complete 15 Mythic Dungeons in a week, you will be able to choose from up to 3 items.
      Your reward is based on the lowest level of your top 1 (Slot #1), 5 (Slot #2), and 15 (Slot #3) runs. Redditor zawyer90 posted an image and explained how the system works, so helping your friend with a Mythic +5 run will not affect your weekly item choices.

(Source)
    • By Starym
      We have a bunch of retail and Classic hotfixes today, leaning heavily on the Classic side, with the Ectoplasmic Distiller fix and epic Draconic pages.
      July 31 (source)
      tems and Rewards
      Corrupted Items Reverted the recent change made on the interaction between Fist of Justice and Ineffable Truth for Holy and Protection Paladins. WoW Classic
      The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat. Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas. The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality. Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on "Draconic for Dummies" quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they'll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
    • By Stan
      Male Night Elves have gained a new Blindfold customization option category in the latest Shadowlands Beta build.
      Blindfolds will no longer be exclusive to select Face options in Shadowlands, as Male Night Elves received Blindfolds as a separate customization option. Currently, there is only one single Blindfold available for the race, as displayed below.

Don't forget to check out the new Night Elf Male and Night Elf Female customization options that are coming in Shadowlands!
      Related Shadowlands Beta Build 35360 News
      Night Fae Soulshape Buffs Shadowlands Conduits Update: July 29th Generic Legendary Powers Rogue Legendary Powers Druid Legendary Powers New Keystone Affix: Prideful New Shadowlands Beta Invitations: July 30th Swapping and Rejoining Covenants in Shadowlands The Jailer's Chains Debuff Explained Glory of the Nathria Raider Reward Taelia Fordragon in Shadowlands The Great Vault (Weekly Chest) in Shadowlands Shadowlands Mythic Keystone Season 1 Rewards Beta Build 35360 Class Changes