FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3: The Urz'ul Controversy

Zzv7T5m.jpg

Ur'zul is a new creature that you'll encounter on Argus. Nothing unusual unless you read the flavor text only to find out it is formed from the tormented bodies and souls of fallen members of the Army of the Light.

Shackled Ur'zulShackled Ur'zul is the mount in the image that drops from Mythic Argus the Unmaker. It's both fascinating and horrifying and the reason of many discussions on the official forums ranging from repulsive comments to praise.

Blizzard went a little further by adding Uuna. She's a Draenei ghost child that is (according to the flavor text): "One of the many children thought lost in the battle for Argus, only to find themselves infused into an Ur'zul."

HZxRezB.jpg?1

Sf8pcYQ.jpg

There's an ongoing discussion about Uuna on the official forums. Obviously, nobody expects bunnies and butterflies on Argus and it seems we'll be getting a mount partially fused from dead Draenei children! Let us know your thoughts about the mount & pet in the comments!

Wasn't Thaddius literally an abomination made out of children?

edit: yup.

195?cb=20090104042339

195?cb=20060517193700

svg+xml;charset=utf-8,%3Csvg xmlns%3D'ht
"Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together - eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh."
Commander Eligor Dawnbringer

Thaddius is the fourth and final boss of the Construct Quarter in Naxxramas.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Wasn't Thaddius literally an abomination made out of children?

edit: yup.

195?cb=20090104042339

195?cb=20060517193700

svg+xml;charset=utf-8,%3Csvg xmlns%3D'ht
"Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together - eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh."
Commander Eligor Dawnbringer

Thaddius is the fourth and final boss of the Construct Quarter in Naxxramas.

Yep, you can even hear their screams.

• Like 1

I'd like to believe in my head canon that the souls of the children, innocent and pure as they are, built a false reality where they believe they got turned into a beautiful magical creature that could fly, whatever the equivalent of a pegasus is on Argus, I suppose.  

Otherwise I'll just try and pretend that things like the Lightsworn Elekk is what happens when you free the souls trapped in those monstrosities.

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

[snipped to save space]

That sounds a lot like - from what I can remember - the blocked off karazhan crypts parts (That you could still access at the time by using mounts and noggenfogger, maybe still?)

Love it! We need more creepy stuff! Ever since Duskwood stopped being a dark, gloomy area, I missed this feeling in the game! And then you came across a wandering Stitches when you were just level 12...

ZswNa[1].jpg

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't care either way. I want that mount, not only for the sake of collecting it but because of how creepy it is, how unique it is, and because of its ability to fly it'll have much more use than many mounts from this expansion such as the Bloodfang Widow. the Felblaze Infernal, the Highmountain Elderhorn, the Wild Dreamrunner, and all the underwater mounts. If someone is that disturbed by something like the Ur'zul appearing in the game then they should take a look back at Wrath where we've got Thaddius, made from the bodies and souls of women and children exclusively, abominations, and a thing like Marrowgar, despite him being a joke among some players for his iconic ability Bonestorm, so this really isn't the first time we've had something made from bodies and souls of victims and since the Scourge was originally created by the Legion it makes sense that they'd employ similar tactics and uses of what they view as resources rather than living beings.

The only controversy I see is that this mount is awesome and I will never have it, since I don't raid mythic. :'(

@Yridaa

Ever since they added the new Karazhan in 7.1.5, the crypts are no more. So sad that they keep removing secret places like this.

7 minutes ago, Zadina said:

The only controversy I see is that this mount is awesome and I will never have it, since I don't raid mythic. :'(

We just gotta wait 2 or 3 expansions then we can farm it like Invincible.

Some people say WoW is a game for kids now... well this just trumped their argument a hundred fold.

As for the "controversy", it really doesn't matter. There are terrifying things all over Azeroth.

22 hours ago, Stan said:

it seems we'll be getting a mount partially fused from dead Draenei children!

This entire entity (the Legion) was built off of the corruption and utter annihilation of not only species but entire planets full of life. 

If an entity were to exist similar, I can imagine that it would entail much worse than simple mounts made of children's souls. 

2 hours ago, Nantarios said:

It is going to be removed or reworked, I am calling it.

In the Age of Poli-Correction?  Noooooooooo....

Anyone remembers the way leading to Hellfire Citadel from the Dark Portal in Outland in TBC days? Well, according to lore it was paved with Draenei bones, I don't remember any controversy about that...

My only "complain" is that mythic only. I would love to disgust people, but my semi-casual, chilled bum will not do mythic. I get the reward aspect of such things, but I need a horrific & ba mount. I would love to work for it, but in my introvert ways.

Also as an UD fan, would love to see more dark scenes too. Not just UD but the worgen syle darkness too. If not kind of Diablo-ish darkness. Could go as Vincent Price chilling way too.

Firstly remember its a game (but a major part of all our lives :P) I don't think its wrong at all. Remember Argus is one of the most evil places in all of WoW. It fits in with the lore of the legion and frankly I really don't understand why people are getting angry about it.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, lichscourge said:

Firstly remember its a game (but a major part of all our lives :P) I don't think its wrong at all. Remember Argus is one of the most evil places in all of WoW. It fits in with the lore of the legion and frankly I really don't understand why people are getting angry about it.

It does. The legion are meant to be brutal, ruthless. They destroy worlds even. You'd expect them to have some spooky stuff hiding there, right?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this