FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gabrieloceano

Destro and Grim Sac

Fair enough, Zagram.

As you say, Green Fire is outlined in a separate thread, but there was no indication that OP had begun/completed the green fire quest chain so I figured that they might like a heads up. They did ask if there were any situations where Grim Sac is the best choice after-all. Apologies for interrupting your discussion of SoO.

Yeah I meant a Raid environment but my fault not specify it :p

How would I get such 800k shield? O.o

GoSac + Sac Pact

Sac Pact essentially gives you a shield equal to your HP at the cost of 25% of it. So if your HP is 800k, your shield is 800k.

You can combo this with Shadow Bulwark/Rallying Cry to get an even bigger shield. If you're serious about using it for something like Malkorok, if used with Shadow Bulwark/Rallying Cry you will "heal" the hp lost when your max HP gets reduced back to normal, like it did on Tortos.

Should also be saving your life taps (in general) for Rallying Cries for the most mana returned. Like on Twins in ToT, I try not to life tap until the Yak is up and your HP is increased. Only takes one (two max) to refill.

Edited by Rakupenda

Yeah, and I disagree.  Lots of your damage will be Fire and Brimstone with some burst, but during the two important parts of the fight (Demos and Galakras), your focus is single target burst and Grim of Sac leaves you hanging here.  If you're getting to Shadowburn all the small adds, sure, but in my group that was largely padding similar as it was on Horridon...tons of overkill damage, no real contribution to the flow of the fight.  Waves of adds died with plenty of leftover time to the next wave.  If you're a good Warlock in a group of mediocre DPS, then Shadowburn might pay off (speaking strictly of 10 man, in 25 man, there will be more actual damage from Shadowburn). 

Yeah, that shit doesn't happen in 10 man.  I'm lucky to squeeze one SB off before it gets destroyed.  Trying to get Havoc in is almost impossible.  Amazing the derivations between 10 and 25 man for us.

I do Galakras as GoSac (10-man), actually, because I'm not using Fire and Brimstone much. This may be a general gear level difference between our groups (at 548, I'm the highest geared DPS, we're generally around 540), but I found I really just needed to have the ability to lay a lot of big Chaos Bolts into the priority targets (i.e., Tidal Shaman, Bone Crushers) rather than just getting out damage on all of them. I'm also usually able to get 2 Shadowburns in (sometimes 1), so I'm able to Havoc that to the next priority target, etc. Between Shadowburn and Rain of Fire on all the adds, I don't generally find myself in wont of embers.

As you said, it changes if you're a good lock in a mediocre group, but even if you're a good warlock in a good group just lacking gear, things are so very different in what you're able to work with. I'd venture it's very similar for you with Nazgrim where you're rarely able to fit in a Shadowburn, yet I'm almost always able to get one on each add. I think the key to using Havoc for Galakras is doing it BEFORE you hit 20% so that you'll get one spell in and then get two Shadowburns (or 2 spells and 1 if you have more DPS on the group).

Would you mind going through this:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dyb8pt3rhqjbdekq/sum/damageDone/?s=4216&e=4746

?

Both of us locks went Destruction for this, but I definitely failed in the Shadowburn department.  Neither of us were on tower duty.

Zagam do the things with the stuffs brochacho.

Also, yes, very crummy sometimes to be surrounded by 5 star players, but then again, it's nice to down content.  Just looks funny when I don't get to optimize DPS because everyone in my group is a rockstar.

What am I looking at in your logs?

The relevance of GoSac with Destruction for the linked fight (Galakras).

Omaric,

First off, don't use your Succy...she clearly has some downtime with running from target to target.  His Imp beat your Succy by 1,239,244 damage.  Also, you had some Fire and Brimstone use, as did Kuro...FnB is not affected by GoSac, so if you are using it, you are losing DPS with GoSac.

Omaric's Pet Damage = 12,702,912 (lost)

Omaric's Terrorguard reduction = 308,686 (lost)

Omaric's CB gain = 1,723,771 (gained)

Omaric's SB gain = 4,703,544 (gained)

Omaric's Conflag gain = 908,266 (gained)

Omaric's Incinerate gain = 3,965,014 (gained)

Omaric's Fel Flame gain = 0 (gained)

1,723,771 + 4,703,544 + 908,266 + 3,965,014 + 0 - 12,702,912 - 308,686 = -1,720,003 damage lost if using GoSac

Kuroneko's Pet Damage = 13,942,156 (lost)

Kuroneko's Terrorguard reduction = 302,239 (lost)

Kuroneko's CB gain = 3,247,053 (gained)

Kuroneko's SB gain = 6,007,338 (gained)

Kuroneko's Conflag gain = 764,807 (gained)

Kuroneko's Incinerate gain = 2,044,987 (gained)

Kuroneko's FF gain = 11,003 (gained)

3,247,053 + 6,007,338 + 764,807 + 2,044,987 + 11,003 - 13,942,156 - 302,239 = -2,169,207 damage lost if using GoSac

Anyway you want to look at it, GoSac isn't going to pan out as a DPS gain.  Losing 1.7M and 2.2M damage isn't going to break you, however, and does provide the benefit of health regeneration and control of a pet's ability.  If you want to mix/max a damage analysis, GoSac comes up just short.  It actually looks perfectly balanced in my opinion.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the answers!! Gonna try GoSac tonight on Galakras!

Is there any advantage into using GoSac with Soul Link? Or is just a 'waste' of a talent?

Thank you!!!

Doing so will increase your HP by 20%. Not sure if you still get the 3% healing from damage done.