FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fliits

Concept for a Butcher talent rework

Level 1 talents:

Chop MeatChop Meat: HamstringHamstring deals 100% more damage against minions and mercenaries. Minions killed up to 2 seconds after hit with HamstringHamstring heal The Butcher for 3 % of his maximum health.

Block removed

InvigorationInvigoration; new functionality: no longer reduces cooldown.

Meat ShieldMeat Shield moved from level 7

New Talent: Blocking Cleaver: HamstringHamstring grants a charge of block, giving The Butcher 75 armor against the next heroic basic attack, reducing damage taken by 75 %. Up to 3 charges.

Level 4 talents:

!Quest: Unrelenting PursuitUnrelenting Pursuit: Stun 25 heroes with Ruthless OnslaughtRuthless Onslaught. After stunning 10 heroes, Ruthless OnslaughtRuthless Onslaught's cooldown is shortened by 33 %. After stunning 25 heroes, Ruthless OnslaughtRuthless Onslaught now slows the target by 50 % for 4 seconds after the stun.

New Talent: !Quest: Meat Good!: Complete Fresh Meat. Reward: When below 50 % health, when taking damage, The Butcher becomes enraged, gaining 15 % attack speed and 25 armor for 10 seconds, reducing damage taken by 25 %. This effect has a 30 second cooldown

Crippling SlamCrippling Slam moved from level 16: new functionality: !Quest: Hit 40 Heroes with HamstringHamstring. After hitting 20 heroes, increase the range of HamstringHamstring by 40%. After hitting 40 heroes, HamstringHamstring's slow no longer fades out.

Level 7 talents:

VictualsVictuals removed

Blood FrenzyBlood Frenzy moved from level 16

New Talent: Hell's Blades: The Butcher's basic attacks slow enemies by 30 for 1 second.

CleaverCleaver moved from level 13; now deals 50 % splash damage

Level 13 talents:

Savage ChargeSavage Charge removed

Cheap ShotCheap Shot moved from level 4; added functionality: If HamstringHamstring hits a disabled hero, The Butcher's next basic attack deals 60% more damage.

Flail AxeFlail Axe moved from level 4; new functionality: Increase HamstringHamstring's vertical area by 35 %

Level 16 talents:

Insatiable BladeInsatiable Blade moved from level 7; new functionality: When facing the branded enemy, The Butcher gains 20 % movement speed

EnragedEnraged removed

New Talent: Scalding Brand: Enemy heroes hit by Butcher's BrandButcher's Brand lose 25 armor, taking 25 % more damage.

New Talent: Invigorating Wound: Increases the healing gained from Insatiable BladeInsatiable Blade from 75 % to 100 % of Physical Damage dealt.

Level 20 talents:

Fires of HellFires of Hell: new functionality: reduce the cooldown of Furnace BlastFurnace Blast by 10 seconds for each enemy hero hit.

SlaughterhouseSlaughterhouse

Nexus BladesNexus Blades removed

New Talent: Invigorating Blood: Upon getting a takedown, The Butcher's cooldowns are reset. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.

Bolt of the StormBolt of the Storm removed

New Talent: Bolt of Fear: Teleport a short distance. The Butcher fears all enemies near the landing location.

Edited by Fliits
  • Like 1

Really interesting concept! I like the idea of quest talents for Ruthless Onslaught and Hamstring.

However, I don't agree on removing VictualsVictuals; although a very situational talent, it adds an extra layer of survivability for The Butcher in maps where waveclear plays a major role, such as Tomb of the Spider Queen (you can replenish a lot if you kill the minions plus the spiders), if anything, this talent should get buffed, like getting healed after killing enemy Mercenaries.

Removing those generic talents like Block, Nexus Blades and Bolt of the Storm is something I really want. I do, however, want to see a similar talent to Nexus Blades, but tailored towards The Butcher.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Removing those generic talents like Block, Nexus Blades and Bolt of the Storm is something I really want. I do, however, want to see a similar talent to Nexus Blades, but tailored towards The Butcher.

I did.

On 23.8.2017 at 8:04 PM, Fliits said:

New Talent: Hell's Blades: The Butcher's basic attacks slow enemies by 30 for 1 second.

The damage buff of Nexus Blades seemed a bit too strong on The Butcher imo.

20 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

However, I don't agree on removing VictualsVictuals; although a very situational talent, it adds an extra layer of survivability for The Butcher in maps where waveclear plays a major role, such as Tomb of the Spider Queen (you can replenish a lot if you kill the minions plus the spiders), if anything, this talent should get buffed, like getting healed after killing enemy Mercenaries.

I fused it with Chop MeatChop Meat. Seemed appropriate.

17 minutes ago, Fliits said:

I fused it with Chop MeatChop Meat. Seemed appropriate.

I'm not sure if it is as effective. You'll end up depending on Hamstring too much for waveclear self-healing, which is not really what Hamstring is for. If you're in a team fight in the mid of a lane, you'll want to save Hamstring to slow down a healing instead of hitting a minion to get the value of the self-heal, which is not even guaranteed if you don't kill said minion.

Now with Victuals, you'll simply get healed as your team AoEs the opposing team and minions on the way, there is no extra effort. This is specially useful when you're assaulting the core and get swarmed by minions; if you have someone in your team that can wipe out minions in seconds, you'll be instantly healed to max having Victuals.

Regardless, I really like your ideas. Would be great to see most of them implemented in the game. I think Butcher is in a good spot right now, but a little polishing would be great for him.