Nyte

Struggling with Sub spec, could use some help

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Struggling with putting out the deeps.

Armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/lightbringer/nytelyfe

I did just get 935 helm from my weekly, although its not a huge gain. So the armory is still slightly behind. "unbound reality mask" for reference.

A link to logs...although when I look at these numbers they seem off. My DMG meters show usually in the 980k to 1.1 mil range. Although I still feel like this is super sub par (no pun intended)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/lightbringer/nytelyfe

I STILL cant get the shoulders to drop...6 legendaries in, and still no shoulders. I am aware that this is a huge dps loss...Im just trying to calculate how bad it really is.

I started using an opener macro to see if that would help...I seem to be able to push around 1.7 mil dps in the first 20 seconds of the fight, then it just slowly drops and drops.

Heres the macro...

/castsequence reset=30 Shadow Blades, Shadowstrike, Nightblade, symbols of death, Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Vanish, Death from Above, Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shadowstrike

After the end of that, my combo points are sometimes in the area of 2-3, Nightblade is about or has just fallen off, and im into a regular rotation. I refresh nightblade, continuing backstabbing/evis until shadowblades finishes (roughly 12 seconds after the macro is done). Usually when its done and ive unloaded a full set of combo points is when I throw in goremaws (roughly). I always use 6 combo points Symbols/DFA, and land spamming shadowdance.

Ive read all the guides and am following it, but Im looking to see if there is a flaw somewhere that Im making thats holding me back.

I use weakauras to track my finality buff and use it properly with DFA. Sometimes...(sometimes) it doesnt line up...and usually (usually) ill wait for it before I use symbols/DFA. In all honesty Ive tried both waiting for it and using it every time to...using symbols/DFA on cooldown, and I still see no difference. 

I feel like this spec is amazing...but I cant seem to wield it. Any assistance is appreciated. Ill gladly send any other info thats needed. 

Help?

Edited by Nyte
Forgot a link

On 11/10/2017 at 6:31 AM, Nyte said:

Struggling with putting out the deeps.

Armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/lightbringer/nytelyfe

I did just get 935 helm from my weekly, although its not a huge gain. So the armory is still slightly behind. "unbound reality mask" for reference.

A link to logs...although when I look at these numbers they seem off. My DMG meters show usually in the 980k to 1.1 mil range. Although I still feel like this is super sub par (no pun intended)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/lightbringer/nytelyfe

I STILL cant get the shoulders to drop...6 legendaries in, and still no shoulders. I am aware that this is a huge dps loss...Im just trying to calculate how bad it really is.

I started using an opener macro to see if that would help...I seem to be able to push around 1.7 mil dps in the first 20 seconds of the fight, then it just slowly drops and drops.

Heres the macro...

/castsequence reset=30 Shadow Blades, Shadowstrike, Nightblade, symbols of death, Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Vanish, Death from Above, Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shadowstrike

After the end of that, my combo points are sometimes in the area of 2-3, Nightblade is about or has just fallen off, and im into a regular rotation. I refresh nightblade, continuing backstabbing/evis until shadowblades finishes (roughly 12 seconds after the macro is done). Usually when its done and ive unloaded a full set of combo points is when I throw in goremaws (roughly). I always use 6 combo points Symbols/DFA, and land spamming shadowdance.

Ive read all the guides and am following it, but Im looking to see if there is a flaw somewhere that Im making thats holding me back.

I use weakauras to track my finality buff and use it properly with DFA. Sometimes...(sometimes) it doesnt line up...and usually (usually) ill wait for it before I use symbols/DFA. In all honesty Ive tried both waiting for it and using it every time to...using symbols/DFA on cooldown, and I still see no difference. 

I feel like this spec is amazing...but I cant seem to wield it. Any assistance is appreciated. Ill gladly send any other info thats needed. 

Help?

It looks as though your biggest problem is how you're using your Dances. Sometimes when you try to do the DfA > Dance combo you aren't getting Dance off before your buffed Evis hits the target, and other times you just aren't getting all the casts in that you need to be.

You should always be hitting that x2 Shadowstrike > Evis > Shadowstrike combination in each Dance, make sure you're going into it with high enough Energy to pull it off. Don't use Evis too early, and don't be worried about wasting a CP here or there if you have 5 after your first Shadowstrike - wasting 1 and getting a hugely buffed 6CP Evis inside Dance (plus the Energy restore) is more valuable than not wasting any, cause you'll still only have Energy for 1 Shadowstrike afterwards. 

As an extra note, your relics could really use some upgrading. Higher ilevel is rarely the best choice, and you can check to see which relics will benefit you on this spreadsheet here

Hey man I really appreciate the reply. Gunna see what i can come up with. The spreadsheet feels a little difficult to understand, but I think I get it.

Appreciate the response 

10 hours ago, Nyte said:

Hey man I really appreciate the reply. Gunna see what i can come up with. The spreadsheet feels a little difficult to understand, but I think I get it.

Appreciate the response 

Sorry it took me a while, I get busy with school and stuff and it takes me a few days sometimes. I can have another look at it when you get some more logs if you like, just post here when you've got them

Im assuming Ill just have to spam dance harder as I come down from DFA to combat that issue?

This spec is destroying me...I changed out my relics and it appears my dps has gone down. Im feeling defeated lol.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:01 AM, Nyte said:

Im assuming Ill just have to spam dance harder as I come down from DFA to combat that issue?

This spec is destroying me...I changed out my relics and it appears my dps has gone down. Im feeling defeated lol.

Try to grab a log from WarcraftLogs of you playing/raiding. It'll help Carrn a huge amount the next time he checks this.

On 18/10/2017 at 3:01 AM, Nyte said:

Have you got more recent logs? What did you change your relics to? 

Spamming Dance as you come down is pretty much the way to solve it yeah. Also make sure that you don't have some weird setting for custom lag tolerance, I use an addon called Advanced Interface Options. Pretty much what that setting does is give yourself a permanent buffer for your spells, so you don't end up with lag spikes. However, if it's set too high, your spells won't ever go off in time, which pretty much means it's impossible to do the DfA > Dance combination

• Like 1