zeffrell 0 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Ok just wondering if anyone can see from logs what I am missing dps wise if you look at my current gear it will not reflect from the run due to got a few nice pieces the logs are from the older gear but mainly looking for what i am doing wrong please. I'm the only lock in the guild that raids so hard to get help. Dot know if I am missing dots or something like that thank you again http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rh4scgusa1inhczg/ Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Omaric 246 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Your crutch is your extremely low uptime on Haunt. On Protectors you had it up for 5% of the fight. It increases your DoT damage by 45%. You can't *not* use it, it's just TOO good. Your uptime should be closer to 55-60%+. Basically, Affliction's main damage is from DoT's. Haunt increases your *main* damage by 45% and you're not using it nearly enough. Fix that and your numbers should go up. After digging more, you'll notice you have pretty decent damage on Sha of Pride. Your Haunt uptime is much higher (45%), but it can still be improved. You are using Soul Burn a lot though. I have to assume you're spending them on Soul Swap, is that correct? Most of those can be used on Haunt instead while you manually recast DoT's (highly recommended unless the only way you can lock in all your DoT's at the end of your buff cycle is to SB:SS, which some foresight can help to avoid). Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
zeffrell 0 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Yea I had a bad feel that my dot up time is killing me and haunt. I Go through the shards usually on the burn/swap to get all three up and running at once so maybe I need to just single cast them and use them on haunt. I also notice that on single target I do much better due to can focus more on up times and so on. My gear as is now is not same from raid listed I just acquired more gear on that raid so it was a tad lower before I plan on from sims moving up one tier on haste to help with dps from what I can tell doing so will cause mastery to go down but dps will be higher. So basically get my head out of my butt and use haunt more often by casting dots one at a time instead of wasting a shard on them. I know I can do better just don't have anyone other then you wonderful people to tell me how so will try again and repose next week to see. Thank you for the feed back it is a great help Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rakupenda 15 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Yea I had a bad feel that my dot up time is killing me and haunt. I Go through the shards usually on the burn/swap to get all three up and running at once so maybe I need to just single cast them and use them on haunt. I also notice that on single target I do much better due to can focus more on up times and so on. My gear as is now is not same from raid listed I just acquired more gear on that raid so it was a tad lower before I plan on from sims moving up one tier on haste to help with dps from what I can tell doing so will cause mastery to go down but dps will be higher. You shouldn't use your shards for Soulburn:Soul Swap too often. Utilize the great new change to Soul Swap for applying your dots to multiple targets. Get your most powerful dots on your main target and Soul Swap (Copy & Paste) them around to your other targets. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Omaric 246 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Yeah that's the biggest change. Old Soul Swap: Cut/Paste New Soul Swap: Copy/Paste Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
zeffrell 0 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 How does the new swap work have it macroed old style I guess on phone so hard to look here Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Omaric 246 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 The new swap works as follows: Boss 1 has 10 seconds left on all of your DoT's that are empowered by multiple buffs. You inhale from Boss 1. *****Does not remove DoT's from Boss 1 For 3 seconds you retain all of your DoT's at 10 seconds remaining, including their power. Let's say, for a good example, that you hold onto said DoT's for 2 seconds. You exhale DoT's onto Boss 2. Those DoT's *start* with 10 seconds left on them (and retain the current stack of Agony), including their power. At this point in time Boss 1 has 8 seconds left on those same DoT's. The faster you Soul Swap the closer the durations will be on all targets you're swapping to. On a fight with many mobs to swap to you *always* want to swap from the last target you swapped to. That way you aren't losing time. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kazistrasz 216 Report post Posted October 9, 2013 Brace yourself - Zagam's critique is coming. New official meme for every time Zagam looks at someone's logs 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Retmoo 0 Report post Posted October 10, 2013 that pic just made my night Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 10, 2013 New official meme for every time Zagam looks at someone's logs Nice. Might be a new default pic soon... 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
zeffrell 0 Report post Posted October 10, 2013 A littler better last night I believe http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fo5yfclh1isg3l87/ Share this post Link to post Share on other sites