FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pakaliika

High keys with Tyrannical

Any other hunters having a ridiculous time living through certain bosses with Tyrannical at around +17's or higher?? ilvl 950, full mythic ToS and Heroic Antorus gear and depending on boss , I just get one shotted, even with prydaz. I can sue turtle obviously and survive, but once that's on cd next attack 1 shot, even at full 5.8hp. Who thinks we need more dmg mitigation other than a 3 min cd Turtle??? I only have this problem on Tyrannical so idk...just seems at high keys were pretty much useless on Tyrannical week

There's a lot of boss mechanics that will one shot you on high Mythic+ Tyrannical weeks, but it's mostly mechanics that you can dodge. You have to Turtle any one-shot mechanic that can't be dodged, like the first shadow bolt volley from Dantalionax in Black Rook Hold. You Turtle it or you die, end of story. Any mechanic that will one-shot you will one-shot any other dps or healer, so if you're the only one dying it's completely on you. I've only done up to +16 because I only do it for the weekly chest, but the harshness of Tyrannical bosses is definitely on purpose.

What my group does is stack battle-ress, because they don't share cooldown in party group, so with 2 hunters, 1 warlock and 1 druid we have 4 battle resses. No big deal if someone dies :P

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 3:34 AM, Pakaliika said:

Any other hunters having a ridiculous time living through certain bosses with Tyrannical at around +17's or higher?? ilvl 950, full mythic ToS and Heroic Antorus gear and depending on boss , I just get one shotted, even with prydaz. I can sue turtle obviously and survive, but once that's on cd next attack 1 shot, even at full 5.8hp. Who thinks we need more dmg mitigation other than a 3 min cd Turtle??? I only have this problem on Tyrannical so idk...just seems at high keys were pretty much useless on Tyrannical week

No. I did a 17 cathedral, 17 lower kara which we had to 4 man after first boss, 18 maw and a 19 black rock hold..dying was never the issue unless i  %^&$&$& up.

Which boss specifically are you asking about? At that level you normally only use your turtle for abilities you need to use your turtle. 

Basically, what you are saying is you don't know the mechanics and you are blaming your class. Don't do that. 

Edited by Banard

On 12/11/2017 at 7:40 AM, Banard said:

No. I did a 17 cathedral, 17 lower kara which we had to 4 man after first boss, 18 maw and a 19 black rock hold..dying was never the issue unless i  %^&$&$& up.

Which boss specifically are you asking about? At that level you normally only use your turtle for abilities you need to use your turtle. 

Basically, what you are saying is you don't know the mechanics and you are blaming your class. Don't do that. 

Figured it was obvious, but he is talking about damage taken from unavoidable abilities.  Just need to time defensives right and hope RNG don't bone ya.

4 minutes ago, Baddieshots said:

Figured it was obvious, but he is talking about damage taken from unavoidable abilities.  Just need to time defensives right and hope RNG don't bone ya.

Name a fight that has multiple unavoidable 1 shot abilities @ a +17?

• Like 1

Tbh the 13% DR + Prydaz should be able to get you through most things, either that or you just need to out range the mechanic (which you can do since your mastery gives extra range. 

On Lady Hatecoil, the Naga boss in EoA, you can survive the unavoidable blast on pretty high keys (19+ on tyranical) with max hp + Prydaz shield plus the 13% damage reduction.  In total that puts me to 7.24m with Prydaz + 13% DR means I need to take 8.18m damage to kill me.  It's pretty survivable until you get to really high keys, then you either need to just out range the mechanics, not certain dungeons on tyrannical or re-roll