FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sarik

How can I improve?

Hello everyone!

Just a few days ago, I used to think that I did pretty good with my warrior. However, last night I met a few guys (2 warrior including), whose rankings in Argus were much better than me (I'm talking about most of the fights being between 88-95.) and that really struck me. I'm pretty new to using Warcraftlogs, but If I got it correctly, the numbers and colors indicate how well you did in the fight, and blue(?) is the average.

So now my question: How can I improve my dps in raiding? I have a few screw ups now and then, but most of the time, I feel like I know what I'm doing. But I'm sure that someone much better than me can easily find a few things I could improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/sarik

Thanks in advance and merry christmas to all of you!

Taking a look at Garothi:

• At 1:19-1:31, you have no CS debuff on boss. You spend first 2-3 seconds away from boss, but then rather than re-applying with Warbreaker, which had then come off CD, you just continue DPSing without re-applying. You would have then had another use of WB in the fight, meaning another set of bad luck protection for another period of no debuff.
  • When moving for the slam, you can give yourself another GCD on the boss. You leap so far away, there's no need. The positioning of leap and movement by the Fury in your group was much better. He doesn't jump as far and moves back in way before you do.
  • Why did you use your potion at such an odd time? You used it at the end of Bloodlust, with no execute phase in sight. You also wasted about 4 seconds of it because you were off the boss because of smash.
  • Why did you waste a GCD on Victory Rush?

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thank you for the help, Blainie!

Looking back at my past boss encounters, I couldn't agree more that these things could be done way more effectively.

So hopefully, I can do better this week, now that I know of these things.

Have a happy new year!

24 minutes ago, Sarik said:

Thank you for the help, Blainie!

Looking back at my past boss encounters, I couldn't agree more that these things could be done way more effectively.

So hopefully, I can do better this week, now that I know of these things.

Have a happy new year!

Your parses aren't bad on Garothi, it's basically just a question of tightening up the little things to make sure you're breaking 80-85 consistently :)

Same to you and good luck!