FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Decader

I believe i have too much hit rating

Here is the armory link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/%C3%90ecader/advanced

here is a wowheroes link

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Illidan/%C3%90ecader/

my guild doesn't have anything on worldoflogs so i can't post anything from that website

but my question is i would say i have too much hit rating on my dk, my spec is frost and a dual wielder.

what should i change as far as gems wise or reforge. Im not a fresh 90 as i have been running lfr's for a while and just waiting to go with my guild to some flex raids in SoO, so i want to make sure i am optimized as much as i can be before i do a flex raid with my guild

Edited by Decader

You could change you etched imperial amethyst to Guardians Imperial Amethyst which has 160 exp and 120 Sta.  Which would allow you to reforge to the extra expertise to another stat.  Or go with Soverign Imperial Amethyst for 80 Strength and 120 Stamina a piece.

Too much hit isn't a complete waste for DW like it would be for 2H, since you will at least gain more hits from your auto attacks up to either 16% or 26%, I can't remember exactly off the top of my head. 

It appears you're already reforging out of hit on all of the gear that you can. Normally my recommendation for 2h frost would be to use Str+Stam purple gems instead of Str+hit, since any hit over 7.5% is a 100% loss. however since you are Dual Wielding you will still gain a small dps increase from using Str+hit gems until you hit the hard cap for auto attacks.

Really all you can do is wait for upgrades and hope they have less hit on them.

Storm already said anything that I could have said. You just have way too much gear with Hit on it. It's not a waste, though, because going over the 7.5% cap will still give you more hits with your off-hand weapon. Even so, your long-term goal should be to drop Hit until you reach 7.5%, since Hit after that point has a lower value than secondary stats.

Also, Icy-Veins currently recommends gemming with the weight 160 Mastery > 80 Strength, so that in yellow you should run +320 Mastery, in red +80 Strength and +160 Mastery, in blue +160 Hit and +160 Mastery.