FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Arkpit

What if: Torbjörn

What if Torbjörns Lv1 turrent had a small shield battery that depleted once Lv2 was reached?

Thought process here is that I would love to be able to play more Torbjörn since he is a lot of fun but since I mostly play solo, if it says "Attack" then you sort fo rule him out there. How do you make him more viable in an attack scenario without making him incredibly OP in defending situations?

I feel a small shield on the Lv1 is not going to boost him into becoming insane in defending since you don't really have that problem enough, but with a small shield on attacking scenarios it would give you a fighting chance.

Would this be completely whacko? Would love to hear how wrong I am since I'm by no means good at the game, just want to play more Torbjörn :D

Edited by Arkpit
  • Like 1

This is part opinion part fact intertwined in one answer.

torbjorn is one of those characters that is best played in combination with other heroes in certain team comps. Attack torbjorn can be fine and can be found on the highest levels of play in certain team compositions (basically a Torbjorn or Bastion protected by a shield like Reinhardt or Orisa sitting on a payload on attack, known as the "pirate ship" strategy. these compositions are really dependant on the map or even the checkpoint.

My advice is to generally 'main' one two or three heroes and strive to improve your gameplay on all of them. then choosing some characters you can comfortably back fill on. In this way I really only have about 10 heroes I play in competitive with 3 of them taking up 90% of the play time.

Overwatch is a game about team play and coordination above all, if you truly want to win you will generally have to be willing to switch to whatever role the team needs. The catch is that you will never out perform a "one trick" that way.

just my take on it.

• Like 1

Aye all of the above is already something I'm familiar with and understand but the topic wasn't about his viability as a whole but how the change would affect his gameplay in the game :)

I main torbjorn and have a strange if not concerning love for him. I do like your idea of the lower level turret having a shield but that could also be remedied the same by cranking up the turrets health. What I always pondered/wanted though is a secondary ultimate for torb where for however many seconds you could have a second turret up instead of molten core. It would really allow him to apply a lot of extra pressure on specific attack maps and also make his gameplay a lot more complex. 

If anything its something i might even like to see across the board. We've seen symmetra get 2 ults, it be fun to give everyone a 2nd ult to spice up their gameplay and even add some variety to matches. Now again I understand the two big words balance and tuning, but still, its fun to imagine :D

• Like 1