Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Prodigo

Which class/spec plays most similar to Frost DK?

Recommended Posts

Title says it all. I really enjoy frost DK but I haven't managed to find an alt class/spec that satisfies my need to smash procs as they come up like frost DK does. I think I want something more complex but not feral druid levels of complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 3:51 AM, Prodigo said:

Title says it all. I really enjoy frost DK but I haven't managed to find an alt class/spec that satisfies my need to smash procs as they come up like frost DK does. I think I want something more complex but not feral druid levels of complex.

So, pondering all the dps specs I'm thinking mayhaps Enhancement shammy would be up your alley right now. So, frost works off of a series of resource generation and proc generation. Obliterate generates rp for frost strike, frost strike can lead to killing machine for obliterate, and obliterate can proc rime for howling blast. Enhancement shammy doesn't have quite as many procs as frost dk but it does have its stormbringer procs, when this procs you get to use stormstrike free of charge and you can multiple procs back to back. In addition your artifact ability doomwinds can be used in conjunction. The rest of the time you are casting rock fury a lot to generate maelstrom and if using said talent, to keep up fury of air which is almost like how frosts bos worked just a lot less hectic. 

so if my paragraph there was too muddled (i'm on nyquil right now)

Frost- resource generation, procs, spend procs

Enhance- resource generation, procs, spend procs,

they are very similar in those aspects :) the only difference is with enhance the procs are less common, and you have only one instead of two, but its almost slot machine style, when you get multiple procs on top of eachother its quite fun, so my best guess on the most similar dps to frost dk would be enhance shammy :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to say Enhance shaman as well, or Outlaw rogue if you want to tank your damage.  

 

DEFINITELY not fury or arms, completely different playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried the enh shaman but I like the general style of frost DKs, might give this a try thanks for those tips.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...