FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Prodigo

Which class/spec plays most similar to Frost DK?

Title says it all. I really enjoy frost DK but I haven't managed to find an alt class/spec that satisfies my need to smash procs as they come up like frost DK does. I think I want something more complex but not feral druid levels of complex.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:51 AM, Prodigo said:

Title says it all. I really enjoy frost DK but I haven't managed to find an alt class/spec that satisfies my need to smash procs as they come up like frost DK does. I think I want something more complex but not feral druid levels of complex.

So, pondering all the dps specs I'm thinking mayhaps Enhancement shammy would be up your alley right now. So, frost works off of a series of resource generation and proc generation. Obliterate generates rp for frost strike, frost strike can lead to killing machine for obliterate, and obliterate can proc rime for howling blast. Enhancement shammy doesn't have quite as many procs as frost dk but it does have its stormbringer procs, when this procs you get to use stormstrike free of charge and you can multiple procs back to back. In addition your artifact ability doomwinds can be used in conjunction. The rest of the time you are casting rock fury a lot to generate maelstrom and if using said talent, to keep up fury of air which is almost like how frosts bos worked just a lot less hectic. 

so if my paragraph there was too muddled (i'm on nyquil right now)

Frost- resource generation, procs, spend procs

Enhance- resource generation, procs, spend procs,

they are very similar in those aspects :) the only difference is with enhance the procs are less common, and you have only one instead of two, but its almost slot machine style, when you get multiple procs on top of eachother its quite fun, so my best guess on the most similar dps to frost dk would be enhance shammy :)

• Like 2