FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lyrax

Assa Help

Hey all together,

i need some help with my Assasination Rogue. I have some decent 960ish gear and i pulled off 1,9mio DPS at Garothi - but only landing with 75% average is not the best.

I can't figure out what exaxctly could push my DPS more.

Maybe someone could help?

Here are the Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6pBvQadwhyqA32Yb#fight=1&type=damage-done

Thanks in Advance!

Jingi

53 minutes ago, Lyrax said:

Hey all together,

i need some help with my Assasination Rogue. I have some decent 960ish gear and i pulled off 1,9mio DPS at Garothi - but only landing with 75% average is not the best.

I can't figure out what exaxctly could push my DPS more.

Maybe someone could help?

Here are the Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6pBvQadwhyqA32Yb#fight=1&type=damage-done

Thanks in Advance!

Jingi

Big thing to remember is that while Assassination is a very simple spec to play on the surface, doing the little things at the right time can add up to make a difference. 

Playing around Kingsbane:

1. Keep Envenom up for the entire duration. Every time you re-apply Deadly Poison, the damage on Kingsbane stacks higher, so keeping that buff active will boost your damage. It's worth using 3CP Envenoms to do this (as well as #2)
  2. Keep Surge of Toxins active for the entire duration. Doing the above will almost ensure this, but it bears mentioning
  3. Don't use Toxic Blade right away. If TB is available while KB is running, save it for the last 9 seconds when KB's damage is at its highest point

Playing around Vendetta:

1. Save Energy before using Vendetta. You want to be able to chain everything together for 20 seconds
  2. Keep Surge of Toxins active
  3. Keep Envenom (and the 4pc bonus) active

I highly recommend that you track all of those buffs so you can juggle them more easily

Other tips:

1. Sin isn't a spammy spec. There will be down time while you wait for just the right time to press your buttons, and that's ok
  2. While you shouldn't save TB for KB, be aware of windows where you can overlap the two at the end of the KB duration
  3. If using TB outside of KB, keep the 4pc bonus and SoT active for the duration
  4. Don't just use the same legendaries for every fight, you can sometimes rank higher with other setups. Stuff like extra uses of Vendetta with the boots depending on your guild's kill times might be significantly more beneficial if your guild has 14 warriors who are going to execute the hell out of a fight (as an extreme example)

3 hours ago, Carrn said:

Big thing to remember is that while Assassination is a very simple spec to play on the surface, doing the little things at the right time can add up to make a difference. 

Playing around Kingsbane:

1. Keep Envenom up for the entire duration. Every time you re-apply Deadly Poison, the damage on Kingsbane stacks higher, so keeping that buff active will boost your damage. It's worth using 3CP Envenoms to do this (as well as #2)
  2. Keep Surge of Toxins active for the entire duration. Doing the above will almost ensure this, but it bears mentioning
  3. Don't use Toxic Blade right away. If TB is available while KB is running, save it for the last 9 seconds when KB's damage is at its highest point

Playing around Vendetta:

1. Save Energy before using Vendetta. You want to be able to chain everything together for 20 seconds
  2. Keep Surge of Toxins active
  3. Keep Envenom (and the 4pc bonus) active

I highly recommend that you track all of those buffs so you can juggle them more easily

Other tips:

1. Sin isn't a spammy spec. There will be down time while you wait for just the right time to press your buttons, and that's ok
  2. While you shouldn't save TB for KB, be aware of windows where you can overlap the two at the end of the KB duration
  3. If using TB outside of KB, keep the 4pc bonus and SoT active for the duration
  4. Don't just use the same legendaries for every fight, you can sometimes rank higher with other setups. Stuff like extra uses of Vendetta with the boots depending on your guild's kill times might be significantly more beneficial if your guild has 14 warriors who are going to execute the hell out of a fight (as an extreme example)

Is there any mastery cap for assa? I got around 199% of mastery and only 23% of crit, I feel that crit is quite low....but I am not sure if I am suppose to stack the mastery as prio..... thank you for any help.

12 hours ago, Xavi said:

Is there any mastery cap for assa? I got around 199% of mastery and only 23% of crit, I feel that crit is quite low....but I am not sure if I am suppose to stack the mastery as prio..... thank you for any help.

There's no cap per se, but that amount of Crit is pretty low. You could definitely add some. Ideally your gear will all end up being Mastery and Crit