Stan

New Mythic Keystone Affixes in Battle for Azeroth

18 posts in this topic

qyMKr7W.jpg

The latest Alpha Build added Blight - a new Mythic Keystone affix. Damage and healing done is increased when injured, and reduced when healthy.

Blight is a new interesting Keystone affix added in Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26032. Damage and healing done is increased when injured, so it will be up to the healers to find the sweet spot between having party members deal more damage and dead, because healing a player to full health will not be efficient if your party wants to utilize the damage increase.

Affix Description
Blight

Damage and healing done increased when injured, and reduced when healthy.

Relentless is a second affix that might be added in Battle for Azeroth. It has been around for a while, but hasn't been implemented yet. When the affix is active, trash mobs are temporarily immune to Loss of Control effect, meaning they can't be feared, mind controlled, stunned, rooted etc. for a short period of time.

Affix Description
Relentless

Non-boss enemies are granted temporary immunity to Loss of Control effects.

We'll keep you updated about new affixes as they become available.

• Like 1

I am somewhat concerned about the impossibility of blight and grievous, but other than that it seems okay.

Relentless to me just feels very weak. Temporary immunity just feels like a breeze. Maybe with bolstering it could be some sort of an issue, but really not seeing it.

53 minutes ago, Saphiri said:

rip resto druid with the blight affix... 

Yes, it looks like they are useless in those weeks.

A general thought, unrelated to the quoting text. Is it just me or they are always keen to add some kind of difficulty for healers?

Edited by Reullapool

29 minutes ago, Reullapool said:

Yes, it looks like they are useless in those weeks.

A general thought, unrelated to the quoting text. Is it just me or they are always keen to add some kind of difficulty for healers?

Because Blizzard like healers to be nervous wrecks by the end of any fight

On 16.2.2018 at 9:36 AM, FrozenAce said:

Because Blizzard like healers to be nervous wrecks by the end of any fight

Yeah, it certainly feels that way. And Blight might be even more difficult if you have unavoidable extra heal like Holy Priests. That Mastery does a shit ton of healing so you kind of have to let your group's health drop even more...

And I see it coming: Do not heal me I need more damage. Stop healing we need more damage. Why didn't you heal me and let me die?

Edited by Caeren
I had to 'drop' something in ;-)
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Caeren said:

Yeah, it certainly feels that way. And Blight might be even more difficult if you have unavoidable extra heal like Holy Priests. That Mastery does a shit ton of healing so you kind of have to let your group's health even more...

And I see it coming: Do not heal me I need more damage. Stop healing we need more damage. Why didn't you heal me and let me die?

Not to mention it'll make certain dps classes more viable with that affix. If you have Frost DK's with their shields because they auto-attack, well, you better go stand in a lot of shit if you want to deal more damage. Mages will not use their shields until their health is low. Have Warlocks lifetap in bossfights without AOE damage until their health is at 1%.

Disc priests will be hilarious with Clarity of WillClarity of Will 10% health? No problem, just spam shields (Which, by the way, would also be boosted because the priest is on low health)

"Oh a person is at 10% health, lets heal him to make sure he's at 40%" *CRIT* oh shit sorry man, there goes 20% DPS.

This affix brings all sorts of complications to the point where it really is better to just think of different affix types.

I share the same concerns about Blight. I think it promotes an unhealthy playstyle and it makes no sense for very high M+, where standing in shit or taking any kind of damage will most likely result in your death.

It would make more sense if they reversed the wording of this affix: you do more damage when you are at full health. This rewards players who are careful and dodge stuff, which is one of the things that M+ is about. Then again, this affix would probably be considered one of the easy ones.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

Not to mention it'll make certain dps classes more viable with that affix. If you have Frost DK's with their shields because they auto-attack, well, you better go stand in a lot of shit if you want to deal more damage. Mages will not use their shields until their health is low. Have Warlocks lifetap in bossfights without AOE damage until their health is at 1%.

Disc priests will be hilarious with Clarity of WillClarity of Will 10% health? No problem, just spam shields (Which, by the way, would also be boosted because the priest is on low health)

"Oh a person is at 10% health, lets heal him to make sure he's at 40%" *CRIT* oh shit sorry man, there goes 20% DPS.

This affix brings all sorts of complications to the point where it really is better to just think of different affix types.

It is a challenging affix for healers but as you said, there are elements that the player cannot control like unexpected crits or healings over time. But I have an idea toward crits, try to swap gear which has no crit. Yet I still see the problem with that overall.

I have a bad feeling about Blight, seriously. And Relentless just seems a little too easy to deal for me. 

I like the idea of Blight, really shines for a few specs, while not for others like a lot of affixes. Brewmasters finally get their time to shine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zadina said:

I share the same concerns about Blight. I think it promotes an unhealthy playstyle and it makes no sense for very high M+, where standing in shit or taking any kind of damage will most likely result in your death.

It would make more sense if they reversed the wording of this affix: you do more damage when you are at full health. This rewards players who are careful and dodge stuff, which is one of the things that M+ is about. Then again, this affix would probably be considered one of the easy ones.

I actually think it rewards people for being able to dodge stuff. Players who stand in shit will probably get a short duration of bonus dmg, but then they die because they stand in shit. Players who are able to consistenly stay at low hp (by not getting hit), are the ones who will benefit the most. 

However there may be a lot of strategies about "in M+X you must get hit by Y spell to get to the appropriate hp%, and in M+XX you must be hit by YY spell to get to the appropriate hp%". 

15 hours ago, Saphiri said:

rip resto druid with the blight affix... 

I play healer but not too much resto, wouldn't it be better for resto as you don't hit them to higher health totals instantly?

19 minutes ago, SMOrcMan said:

I play healer but not too much resto, wouldn't it be better for resto as you don't hit them to higher health totals instantly?

The "problem" is that the healing does not stop once you applied a hot. Same with the Holy Priest mastery. There is so much "unavoidable" healing there... Never thought I had to use those words in one sentence :-)

Wohoo another affix that makes life hell for healers and barely affects anyone else. Fucking stop this. As someone who loves mythic + and is a healer main this is getting really annoying. I don't like that there are some weeks that are just so unpleasant that i just won't bother while everyone else just gets to play like they always do and then shit on the healer when they screw up the affixes. If they add this to the pile i'll just not do mythic + in BFA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vinterlig said:

Wohoo another affix that makes life hell for healers and barely affects anyone else. Fucking stop this. As someone who loves mythic + and is a healer main this is getting really annoying. I don't like that there are some weeks that are just so unpleasant that i just won't bother while everyone else just gets to play like they always do and then shit on the healer when they screw up the affixes. If they add this to the pile i'll just not do mythic + in BFA.

Same, healers have to deal with reacting to the damage of the other affixes so it feels like a double whammy when they add ones specifically for us

Being an mw monk I see blight more like a buff than an affix. We can let the group at half HP all the time and with one vivify put the group almost full in one global. I guess the same happens to pallies. IMO this affix will be discarded like overflowing.