FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Artifact Power

I boosted a Hunter to 110 after pre ordering the new expansion and have an artifact power question.

I've just started the Argus questline so as yet havent opened the crucible up to spend the artifact power tokens I've gotten.

And theres a lot of tokens, I literally have billions of points ready to spend.

So is it best to unlock the crucible first then spend the points or can I use them now and the points will carry over when I unlock the crucible?

My bags are getting full so not sure what to do with all the tokens, dont want to use them now and it ends up being a waste if the points dont carry forward.

Edited by Mephisto

You just use all artifactpower tokens on the weapon(specc) you want to use. Dont stash them, you get nothing out of that, except that u delay your characters power progression.

You use tokens -> get new traits in order hall.

At one point you have enough artifactpower in your weapon so you can automatically use the netherlight crucible. Those two things dont interfere with another.

I've already maxed out the order hall traits but havent unlocked the crucible yet.

My understanding was you had to complete the Argus story questline to open the crucible up and spend artifact points there.

Spending them at my order hall achieves nothing now as everything is unlocked.

But if I do spend them now will they carry over to the crucible when I unlock it through the questline or would I just be burning them up for nothing?

Or do I not have to do the Argus storyline and just have enough points to open the crucible?

Edited by Mephisto

Hi Mephisto

Eventually I don't get it, why do you think there is a reason to hold back the tokens?

8 hours ago, Mephisto said:

My understanding was you had to complete the Argus story questline to open the crucible up and spend artifact points there

No, you can't spend any AP into your crucible. You'll unlock the crucible-traites by "leveling" your weapon and spending points into your concordance-trait.

I think you have to do the Argus storyline to unlock the crucible (but i'm not sure about that). But there is no need of AP to unlock the crucible.

I've never gotten this far on any of my toons so I'm a little confused as to what the correct process is from here.

I play in 6 month spurts as after 10 years of playing I tend to lose interest after awhile so for now my interest is back but I'm not up to speed on all the changes.

I've had a friend say to unlock the crucible you have to do the Argus storyline and you use your AP's to get crucible traits.

I'm sure I've read the same somewhere as well.

So I'm not assuming by what you said is to use my AP's to increase my artifact weapon level and the higher the level the more crucible traits unlock?

But I have to do the Argus story first?

5 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I've never gotten this far on any of my toons so I'm a little confused as to what the correct process is from here.

Well, this explains your confusion :-).

5 hours ago, Mephisto said:

So I'm not assuming by what you said is to use my AP's to increase my artifact weapon level and the higher the level the more crucible traits unlock?

But I have to do the Argus story first?

Yes, just put your AP in your weapon. AP it's made for your weapon and nothing more :-). Exactly, if you unlocked the curcible you will unlock the addional traites for your relicts with increasing artifact weapon level. If you need more information, here is a quite good explanation i couldn't write it better: http://de.wowhead.com/netherlight-crucible-guide

Edited by Allseye

Thanks mate I appreciate the help :)

Unfortunately using artifact power doesnt seem to change anything.

My artifact level stays at 52 no matter how many AF tokens I use, my knowledge stays at 55.

My weapon doesnt level up as such and the stats stay the same as does the ilevel.

I understand AF gives you more traits to fill the tree in with but I've already maxxed those out and have everything.

I've looked at the guide and part made sense and part didnt.

So to be honest I give up, I'll save the tokens for a rainy day and bank them.

Edited by Mephisto

Just make sure you're using your specc, where you want to invest the tokens. So if you want to lvl your Marksman Bow, then be in Marksman before using the tokens.

Artifact-Knowledge is capped at 55, this won't raise. Artifact-Knowledge just says, how much more power you gain from one token. You don't have to think about that, you can't progress in it.

But you're progressing your artifactweapon while you invest the tokens, and you should defenitely do this. You don't have any benefit by putting them into your bank. It's like your are leveling your character, you need a specific amount of AP for each level. After you *ding* the level, you can invest 1 point into your artifactweapon. After you maxed out every trait, you just level invest the point in your concordance trait. If you don't have this trait, then you should progress in your artifact questline.

Edited by Allseye

OK now we're getting somewhere.

I didnt know I could keep going with my concordance trait.

Its at level 12 on my main, level 8 on my off spec, what does it cap at?

And yes I'll max out my other 2 spec artifact weapons as well.

Thanks mate :)

Edited by Mephisto

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

OK now we're getting somewhere.

I didnt know I could keep going with my concordance trait.

Its at level 12 on my main, level 8 on my off spec, what does it cap at?

And yes I'll max out my other 2 spec artifact weapons as well.

Thanks mate :)

concordance goes to 50

Exactly, as far as i know, concordance ist capped at 50. But you would need such a high amount of AP...its basically unreachable. So don't chase at it. But keep investing your tokens at any of your weapons, there is no downside of doing it :-)