FORUMS
Erdluf

Icy Veins Deck Lists

With the new format for the deck lists, like https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/mage-decks, is there any way to tell at a glance which decks are standard?

I know that right now, it is the decks at the top that are standard, but I'd expect that to change as wild decks get updated (at least occasionally).

I'd really like to have some way to filter by standard/wild. I appreciate the Icy Veins deck lists, but when I'm looking for a new standard deck, I'd want an easy way to hide the wild ones.

• Like 1

I was confused for a moment too.

It's not super important but to separate Standard from Wild makes sense. Even if you play both you are usually looking for decks of only one at a time.

Maybe they will change it or there are reasons we don't know (yet)? 

Ones which lack the word 'wild' in it are standard.

But yeah, different categories would be better.

I just realized thats not true. Quest decks are not standard. Then probably wait some time to get things sorted out by mods.

Edited by FanOfValeera

A fix for this should be coming today. Among other changes, we will also be reverting to one thread per deck, rather than per archetype, though this will be coming a bit later. Until then, sorry for the inconvenience!

• Thanks 1

No need to be sorry :)

We complain, or lets call it "giving feedback", but we all appreciate your work and everything takes time. But I'm glad this change/fix will come.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

Hey, there were some issues when deploying the solution, but it should be live now. What do you think?

• Confused 1

image.png

There is now a wild icon next to the card image.

There are some decks that do not have the icon because they are still marked as Standard, but we will be deleting and converting decks throughout this week.

• Thanks 1

Oh, well. I don't want to be the ungrateful guy here but it's not the best solution imo.

It was easy to miss and you can still scroll through a lot of decks and the order is mixed. I still have no idea why you wanted to dump all decks of both formats into one list. Idk maybe it's easier this way for you guys to work on the decks/pages, which is important too, but it's not really user friendly

But to make a suggestion: What about this solution? This way one could easily check for Standard or wild.

suggest.thumb.jpg.9eecb1aa9a121626a1b2268e4f16a13b.jpg

Edit: Maybe it's just me and all is fine but I don't like the new design.

• The card image: What's the purpose of it?
  • Mana Curve: If you are familiar with a deck type you know the curve, if not it tells you nothing ;)
  • Number of certain card types: I know other pages offer those as well but I find it a useless information. You still have to look at the whole deck, so no need to show that in the overview, imo.
    • Last Updated, Dust Cost, Archetype and Deck Name are good basic infos to help you to decide if you want to look at a certain deck.

I think the card image and the additional data are just using up more space and instead of getting a nice overview of many decks at once you have to start to scroll as well as, even if you are not interested in, your mind is processing the additional data. Over all it makes the experience of browsing through and looking for decks slower and (at least for me) it feels a bit awkward

Sorry if it sounds like punching someone in the face that's not my intention and I really appreciate your efforts to provide and improve all the stuff here :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Oh, well. I don't want to be the ungrateful guy here but it's not the best solution imo.

It was easy to miss and you can still scroll through a lot of decks and the order is mixed. I still have no idea why you wanted to dump all decks of both formats into one list. Idk maybe it's easier this way for you guys to work on the decks/pages, which is important too, but it's not really user friendly

But to make a suggestion: What about this solution? This way one could easily check for Standard or wild.

suggest.thumb.jpg.9eecb1aa9a121626a1b2268e4f16a13b.jpg

Edit: Maybe it's just me and all is fine but I don't like the new design.

• The card image: What's the purpose of it?
  • Mana Curve: If you are familiar with a deck type you know the curve, if not it tells you nothing ;)
  • Number of certain card types: I know other pages offer those as well but I find it a useless information. You still have to look at the whole deck, so no need to show that in the overview, imo.
    • Last Updated, Dust Cost, Archetype and Deck Name are good basic infos to help you to decide if you want to look at a certain deck.

I think the card image and the additional data are just using up more space and instead of getting a nice overview of many decks at once you have to start to scroll as well as, even if you are not interested in, your mind is processing the additional data. Over all it makes the experience of browsing through and looking for decks slower and (at least for me) it feels a bit awkward

Sorry if it sounds like punching someone in the face that's not my intention and I really appreciate your efforts to provide and improve all the stuff here :)

Thanks for the feedback! This was a quick fix to the deck lists to give them a nicer look. The next step are the navigation and the card pages. Then, we'll go back to the deck lists in a few weeks.

• Like 1