FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

(Updated) Legion Prestige Levels in BfA Reminder

jqhihdf.jpg

Update: It seems that it will be Honor that's added together from various characters, not the actual prestige levels from each of them. Check out the full tweet below.

With plenty of achievements, including artifact appearance ones, tied to PvP prestige levels, the WarcraftDevs twitter reminded us of how exactly the transition to BfA will work, with all your levels from alts on the same account merging and adding up, and that added level counting towards all achievements.

So, this is one of those things you might want to get done before Battle for Azeroth lands on August 14th, so get to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haheisenberg said:

This is awesome. Only the RNG of this game is worse than endless farming of reputations and prestige. Mindless, skillless farming...

I don't get why you are complaining? There is absolutely 0 player power tied behind Prestige lvls, its entirely vanity. If you don't want the vanity, don't do it. There is no reason it should be just handed out though, especially considering how easy it is to get many, many characters up to prestige lvl 1.

I was about to farm Prestige for my Monk to get pvp skins for the weapons, but since i am no pvp player and twink much, i have several characters sitting on prestige 1. Does this mean i can wait now for this to go live, my prestige EP to get summed up, and get all pvp Skins for all artifact weapons, for all characters? Seems a bit to easy to be right :D considering i never seriously played rogue or mage and have absolutely no right to be gifted skins that show, that you know what you are doing with that class.

1 hour ago, Lawrenz said:

I was about to farm Prestige for my Monk to get pvp skins for the weapons, but since i am no pvp player and twink much, i have several characters sitting on prestige 1. Does this mean i can wait now for this to go live, my prestige EP to get summed up, and get all pvp Skins for all artifact weapons, for all characters? Seems a bit to easy to be right :D considering i never seriously played rogue or mage and have absolutely no right to be gifted skins that show, that you know what you are doing with that class.

I think it will count amount of Honor earned on each character, not add Prestige levels with each other.

1 hour ago, Frogspoison said:

I don't get why you are complaining? There is absolutely 0 player power tied behind Prestige lvls, its entirely vanity. If you don't want the vanity, don't do it. There is no reason it should be just handed out though, especially considering how easy it is to get many, many characters up to prestige lvl 1.

Mounts are a nice thing to collect, I really like it. In my opinion though, they should be a reward for things that are somehow hard to accomplish such as the Mage Tower. This way it is not handed out (which I would hate even more). I think reputation and/or low chance mounts are a lazy way to keep people playing. This is no content. I have nothing against achievments for reputation. If someone wants to do them, that's none of my bussiness. Just why the mounts ;c

Uncommon Patron
52 minutes ago, Drachar said:

I think it will count amount of Honor earned on each character, not add Prestige levels with each other.

According to the post at the top, they add together.

"In Battle for Azeroth, all of your Prestige levels are going to merge. So if you have three characters who reached Prestige 4 in Legion, your account will be set to Prestige 12 in Battle for Azeroth."

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 9:47 AM, drclawixp said:

According to the post at the top, they add together.

"In Battle for Azeroth, all of your Prestige levels are going to merge. So if you have three characters who reached Prestige 4 in Legion, your account will be set to Prestige 12 in Battle for Azeroth."

Correction to this tweet: the merge will be to Honor earned account-wide. So two characters at exactly Prestige 1 will not result in Prestige 2 after the merge, but you also don't have to finish a Prestige level for that Honor to count.

On 03/05/2018 at 2:57 PM, Haheisenberg said:

they should be a reward for things that are somehow hard to accomplish such as the Mage Tower. 

The mage tower for many classes is now completely trivial due to massive overgearing, especially on the DPS ones. You can completely skip mechanics because of the massive changes in DPS.

My Fire Mage can now, over the course of the first 60 seconds of Garothi, average around 3M DPS. On Goroth in ToS, it was almost half of that. I can almost burst Agatha down in one Time Warp use.

I don't think Mage Tower is a good example of things that require skill that should reward mounts. There is Mythic Argus, Mythic Gul'dan, Glory achievements and the like for that.

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

The mage tower for many classes is now completely trivial due to massive overgearing, especially on the DPS ones. You can completely skip mechanics because of the massive changes in DPS.

My Fire Mage can now, over the course of the first 60 seconds of Garothi, average around 3M DPS. On Goroth in ToS, it was almost half of that. I can almost burst Agatha down in one Time Warp use.

I don't think Mage Tower is a good example of things that require skill that should reward mounts. There is Mythic Argus, Mythic Gul'dan, Glory achievements and the like for that.

I don't find it perfect too. They should scale with ilvl or something. I don't know. I just think this form is fine even if it needs improvements and I agree Mythic bosses are another good gate for such things although Gul'dan is another bad example. We down him twice a week for mounts, even badly geared alts are fine for it. Still harder than mage tower but not perfect. Anyway I still think even mage tower nowadays is better than mindless farm. And you can always brag about completing it back in Nighthold since achievs show the date.

I"m not sure whether I'm more disappointed or confused. 

I'm guessing that an account's first level of prestige will still be the reduced amount, but I'm unclear as to whether all other prestige levels will required regular amount  of 44K honor.

The first tweet  about adding prestige levels honestly wouldn't be fair to players who ground a toon to level 25, but I feel a bit cheated when the game developers promise one thing and then take it back the next day. C'mon Blizz, throw us a bone and give us more than 280 characters of info.

Is it too much to expect rhino people next expansion?

16 hours ago, Thehund said:

I'm guessing that an account's first level of prestige will still be the reduced amount, but I'm unclear as to whether all other prestige levels will required regular amount  of 44K honor.

From what I understand, it'll be like taking all your characters and adding their honor earned this expansion. Then you get all that as a "reward", meaning it will go through prestige levels exactly as if you had earnt it 300 Honor at a time,