FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedar

Newbie questions

If I have two pieces of armor that give a plus 15% damage bonus to disintegrate, do I now receive a 30% bonus to disintegrate?

Are those percentage gains reflected in the damage number shown on the character screen?

Are there key torment levels where the base quality level of drops is increased? For instance, Before I hit 70, I received mostly standard gems, but now (torment II) get mostly Marquise and the occasional Imperial. Is there a torment level where I begin to see more Imperial with the occasional Flawless Imperial?

Do I understand correctly that bounties are, as a general statement, more for farming resources than rifts which I understand to be more geared towards acquiring legendary and set items?

Once I have used the cube to remove a property from a legendary item, how do I get that property on to a new item? Is there a way to get it on to a set item?

Is there a way to re-roll the secondary traits on a legendary item?

What is the meaning of the different colored tick marks to the left of the primary and secondary properties of an item? 

15 hours ago, Cedar said:

If I have two pieces of armor that give a plus 15% damage bonus to disintegrate, do I now receive a 30% bonus to disintegrate?

Yes

15 hours ago, Cedar said:

Are those percentage gains reflected in the damage number shown on the character screen?

No. Only damagestats that apply to every damage type is reflected (e.g. +critical hit damage). Not +damage to a single element / skill. Neither are most set-boni shown. -> Even with the same damage number it is possible that one player does ten or a hundred times the damage of another.

Are there key torment levels where the base quality level of drops is increased? For instance, Before I hit 70, I received mostly standard gems, but now (torment II) get mostly Marquise and the occasional Imperial. Is there a torment level where I begin to see more Imperial with the occasional Flawless Imperial?

No. Your goldfind increases with higher torment levels, but the quality of the items stays the same. your magic find increases too IIRC.

Do I understand correctly that bounties are, as a general statement, more for farming resources than rifts which I understand to be more geared towards acquiring legendary and set items?

Generally spoken yes. Bounties are for ressources.

Rifts are done for Greater Rift Keys.

Greater Rifts are best for xp, bloodshards, legendary items, legendary gem levelling.

Once I have used the cube to remove a property from a legendary item, how do I get that property on to a new item? Is there a way to get it on to a set item?

You can't remove a property from a legendary and give it to another item. You extract the special from the legendary and it is stored in Kanai's Cube. You can select one for weapons, armor, jewellry as a passive trait.

Is there a way to re-roll the secondary traits on a legendary item?

Yes - if you did not already reroll a primary stat. And if you are talking about a secondary stat. Some items have special abilites, those can't be changed.

What is the meaning of the different colored tick marks to the left of the primary and secondary properties of an item?

That is the stat you have re-rolled on this item. (If you mean the blue? circle)

19 hours ago, Cedar said:

Both yes and no. In short, it depends if the items skill increase is addative or multiplicative. There is no clear way of telling today which item is what but the most common thing is multiplicative.

19 hours ago, Cedar said:

Are there key torment levels where the base quality level of drops is increased? For instance, Before I hit 70, I received mostly standard gems, but now (torment II) get mostly Marquise and the occasional Imperial.

First off the gems are based on your characters level and not teh difficulty level. Marquise gems and Deaths Breath starts dropping at level 61. You will basically never see anything else than Marquise and Imperial but they are easy to upgrade later so not a problem!

Small tip on the gems: If you ever open a vault with a Puzzle RingPuzzle Ring in the cube, try to wear a Broken CrownBroken Crown (or a cubed one) for additional gems!

For the items part there is one thing that does matter and it's that there are several items that cannot drop below Torment 1 so when starting out, you'll want to get to T1 viable as soon as you can to start getting your stuff!

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

That is the stat you have re-rolled on this item. (If you mean the blue? circle)

I believe he is refering to if it's a darker dot or a bright dot.

The difference is that the bright dot means that the suffix is static for that particular item and on many items it cannot be re-rolled in favour of something else.

Edited by Arkpit

18 hours ago, Arkpit said:

Both yes and no. In short, it depends if the items skill increase is addative or multiplicative. There is no clear way of telling today which item is what but the most common thing is multiplicative.

If you refer to set-boni or something like that you are correct.
But you can roll +15% Damage to X on several pieces of armor (like +elemental damage on the amulet e.g.) - and those are additive if I am not totally mistaken.

Meaning 2 x 15% increase your damage by 30% - at least that is what is shown on your characterscreen: "Disintigrate +30% damage"
But maybe the actual mechanic works basedamage * 1,15 * 1,15 instead of basedamage * (1,15+1,15).
Then the charactersheet info would be wrong, but that could quite well be the case.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:48 PM, Cedar said:

grey diamond: normal stat, and is factored into the character sheet info (damage, toughness, or recovery, as appropriate)

orange diamond, normal text: normal stat, is NOT factored into the character sheet info. (single resists, single skill bonuses, etc)

hollow orange diamond, orange text: legendary ability that has not yet been stored in the cube.

bright orange diamond, orange text: legendary ability that HAS been stored in the cube.

regular orange diamond, orange text: legendary ability that cannot be stored in the cube. generally applies to silly abilities, like extra sound effects (Pigsticker's "Squeal!" legendary, etc) or to abilities that vary between classes (Halcyon's Ascent; cause enemies to jump when you use a certain class skill).

blue arrows circle: this, of course, is the stat you've rerolled on the item, and overwrites the other symbols.

Edited by tzxAzrael
oops, forgot one...
  • Like 2