FORUMS
Starym

Argus Normal 3-man Kill Video

L02TosS.jpg

The end of Legion is certainly nigh as we have a 3-man kill of the expansion's final raid boss! Rextroy, Durendil and Yenko were going for a full Antorus 3-man clear by expansion's end and they've done it (well, except for Varimathras) with the final boss going down a mere 0.5 seconds before the one-shot AoE wipe! You can check out the rest of their Antorus videos here and the Paladin and Hunter PoVs for Argus below. Congrats to them and good job on going for the weird achievements in the game!

This was honestly the most epic fight I have had in awhile, with a lot of intense moments!

Now the Antorus Trio journey has come to an end, it has been great fun!... Thank you everyone who followed us through this adventure!

Anyhow... On to the tactics:

For argus, the DPS requirements is really intense. Thats why we had to... Improvise a bit.

The first part you see is when we are stacking up the Gift of the Titan buff for Durendil (2k haste and versa each stack). The way we do this is to fight Argus and stack the buff as high as possible. I went with my 80% SOTR build to be able to survive. Then I die right when Durendil is able to refresh his stack and he Feign Death.

We are then able to combat Argus again and keep stacking the buff before it falls off. I assume the buff goes all the way to 99 stacks. But we attempted the boss with 55.

As you can see, the results are quite amazing. 17M DPS for Durendil, making it an easy ride into phase 3.

Phase 3:

For this phase, we used heroism in the beginning. I tanked both the adds. With Drums, I could keep my SOTR uptime at a 100%. This helped my survival a lot, since I would take 80% less damage. I also kept my eyes on most NPCs to be ready to interrupt when needed.

After the big adds died, we just killed the remaining adds and moved onto the final phase.

Phase 4:

We had a little more than 6 minutes remaining until berserk when we started the last phase. For this phase the most important job for the DPS were to keep the reorigination modules under control... and I had to do my best to endure the lash of the...Sweeping Scythes! I used the old Consecration trick*, to get my SOTR to 96% for the harder hitting Scythes. I did however die at the end, but I am happy I were able to survive as many as I did.

At the end when we noticed berserk were soon, we decided to stop killing the Modules and burst the boss. The DPS would use the tree to ress instantly when they died. While I had to survive to ensure we wouldn't wipe. This appeared to be a... close call (I should probably have used my Spellwarding here but... Still worked out!)

The ending was the most insane boss kill I have had. About 0.5 seconds remaining until the AOE went off that would have killed us all.... Calculated!

(Yes I do realise I could have used Divine Shield and taunted the boss right before I died, but lets not go through details of what I could have done better alright!?)

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lwem... (If you use Consecration with Consecrated Hammer, current active SOTR buffs will be increased by another 20%)

They've also written a guide to their 3-man adventure over on Wowhead, so if you want to try this out yourself or are just curious for more details, check it out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whisla said:

HES A CLICKER AAAAAAAAHHHH

To be fair, I was a clicker too. Macro's are a pain in the butt to get used too, thankfully my Corsair Scimitar gets rid of all the clicking and I am able to shift through multiple abilities with a click of a button!

at least he's no "opening-spellbook_changing-page_looking-for-spell_clicking-spell_closing-spellbook_thinking-what-to-do-next_and-repeat"-guy 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawrenz said:

at least he's no "opening-spellbook_changing-page_looking-for-spell_clicking-spell_closing-spellbook_thinking-what-to-do-next_and-repeat"-guy 🙂

I've had to spellbook cast and even type cast after a crash fighting Argus. Whatever it is, but the p4 transition will kick me if at any time i look at the titans. 

11 hours ago, Starym said:

The ending was the most insane boss kill I have had. About 0.5 seconds remaining until the AOE went off that would have killed us all.... Calculated!

Couldnt have gone more epic if they'd planned it.  Nice job, boys.

2 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

I can't believe he really click to spells..

I blame FPSers.  That's why I still click - I trained myself to click fast and precise.  Macros frighten and confuse me (hahaha).  And I'm a "Celestial Defender / Vengeance Incarnate" player.

Not having my fingers on Q and E just seems wrong.  Gotta be able to strafe hard and strafe fast!  Most fights I'm just strafing side to side the whole time, in preparation for actually needing to move (helps me stay frosty).  Lol

Edited by Ancalagon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

I blame FPSers.  That's why I still click - I trained myself to click fast and precise.  Macros frighten and confuse me (hahaha).  And I'm a "Celestial Defender / Vengeance Incarnate" player.

Not having my fingers on Q and E just seems wrong.  Gotta be able to strafe hard and strafe fast!  Most fights I'm just strafing side to side the whole time, in preparation for actually needing to move (helps me stay frosty).  Lol

Same here. Not really much of an FPS'er but Macro's just seem way too much work and tons of time to master.

Depends on one another. Personnaly I strafe with a and d, and 1234qerfg + mouse mid / side1 side2. (double as i have all the same + shift)

Mouse vs keyboard is not a matter of macro TBH. Took me like 2 days to get used to it, I could never go back :-).