FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Uldir Sets in Battle for Azeroth

I wouldnt worry to much guys. This is just the first raid. Ive seen blizz do this before. They will put in some better looking sets as the xpac goes on. 

• Like 3

I... Actually like how they look. But the fact there's no class specific gear designed with the class' theme in mind is a joke. Wrath's DK sets were insanely cool because of that very thing now we just get this generic looking stuff. It's a step backwards IMO.

7 hours ago, Erialis said:

You mean all the horses they give in BfA? Ye different saddles and carpets on them needed full power of artistic team

Play the non-lame faction. Anything that is not a horse is clearly unnatural.

Edited by Drachar

15 hours ago, milo0o said:

Yea lets make it so every class only has to worry about picking the best talent in each row and only 3 buttons to press outside of CC. I'm looking forward to when you can loot just one weapon that changes to you best stats when you swap specs, along with looting only one trinket that procs increase in stats with no cool new effects.

Legendaries in Legion like Scarlet Inquisitor's Expurgation and Cold Heart were lame, like why do I want to modify an ability in such a way that it makes my class fun and augments playstyle?

Tier sets were really limiting in Legion and will probably will be in the future due to Mythic+. The bonus effects gained through Tier sets practically tied the player to wearing a tier piece that might have mediocre stats they don't need all because they need the necessary pieces to get that passive effect. Currently on my Enh I have a 945 chest piece that gives Crit/Haste yet I can't replace it with Haste/Mastery chest piece that is ilvl 975. For once it would be amazing to actually get gear without worrying about tier sets getting in the way of any sweet loot drops.

• Like 1

Well First raid - always had some weird stuff, but tn was beautiful in its own way.
Those sets - well except mythic they are ugly... Reminds me leveling gear from Cataclysm in some way but we have what we have.

Most important is that 4 armor sets (armor archetype) I hope would not be 4 that you will get in term of stats. Knowing that they removed Set Bonuses this could also can happen. I have not seen the loot tables but it smells like we will get 4 sets + weapons since they are back and trinkets. No much room for stat diversity this time - this can be a real problem for PvE.

That can mean that best item wont come from raid but from Mythic+ dungeons and this is bothering me as it was bothering me in Legion. That Raiding will slowly be shadowed by those Mythic+ dungeons.

But we`ll see.

Edited by Dantalian

See? Right there! This post is the absolute proof that we aren't paying enough blizzard to design 12 different models. Blizz needs moar moni!!! Perhaps they'll release acceptable transmogs... in the shop.

Edited by Innervoid

I agree that these sets might not look best, but just wait to see the full thing ? The art team really nailed it as far as weapons go in BfA. Even questing gear looks better than this ?.BfA has some cool-looking green armor as well.

On 7/7/2018 at 4:18 AM, Weltenfeind said:

yet people will still eat it up.

i dont know I dont see much eating, and a whole ton of retching about these sets...

1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

i dont know I dont see much eating, and a whole ton of retching about these sets...

There's always been a lot of retching: weird noises, no actual vomit..

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:36 AM, Brutalis said:

I... Actually like how they look. But the fact there's no class specific gear designed with the class' theme in mind is a joke. Wrath's DK sets were insanely cool because of that very thing now we just get this generic looking stuff. It's a step backwards IMO.

+ we could expect themed colors to raid lore. if we have to kill blood God, then i would expect some blody like armor, at least at M difficulty. even Emerald nighmare have it as a 1st raid, but now? realy disapointed. 1st ex-pac i´m not exited about

i feel bad for Blizzard.

Everytime a new tier set was introduced there were always so many people complaining about the design in itself (for a few sets each tier) and often i read about complaints that tier sets dont resemble the raid. It wouldnt make sense and would be way cooler if the sets would adopt the raidtheme.

Now they are doing that, and everyone is like "wtf, where is my unique class set?". I mean, ok, the Uldir sets are not thaaat special, but i kind of like them. I totally agree with ion's statement in one of the devQ&As. He said there are already so many different class sets to choose from and to transmog into, now going to have raidthemes adopted to the items gives something new, and since you can combine them with previous class items, i bet there will be some really cool sets coming up. I can imagine the mail set shoulders boots and gloves combined with some other shaman stuff, and it will be awesome (i think).

And i am excited more for the upcoming raids now, since the sets will have their themes. ?

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, PatrickHenry said:

aaand lawrenz with the common sense and optimism.  

Eh. It's more about that everything on the internet has to be combative. discussed, argued, and trolled to death.

Yes, I called the sets lazy, but it's my SUBJECTIVE opinion, someone is bound to like them. There's nothing to discuss, it's a matter of taste. I was expecting more from these sets, but the next ones might be super awesome. It's not like I liked every tier set that was released either.

Edited by Weltenfeind

5 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

everything on the internet has to be combative...  

Yes, I called the sets lazy

I was expecting more from these sets

It's not like I liked every tier set that was released either.

Thats a lot of contradiction.  

But youre right its all taste.  And thankfully there's Transmog.