FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Holy Paladin 8.3

Guest Fairlalol
On 10/5/2018 at 1:34 PM, Guest Johs said:

I am really struggling with the AoE healing. I have been healing as druid and monk for a really long time, and I consider myself a good healer. But I just cant seem to figure out holy paladin.

If Beacon of Virtue is on cooldown and the group is taking damage, I just find myself spamming holy shock and FoL. LoD if it will hit enough targets. That doesnt seem sustainable at all, and I find myself struggling on almost any type of fight in mythic, even trash. If the tank is taking heavy damage, and Holy Shock doesnt crit, it feels critical every time. 

A few tips would immensly appreciated

Well.... that's a Problem of Paladins.

If you Playing with Monks or Druids its not your Mainjob to heal the Group.

Paladin is almost a Single-Target Healer that's why you use your Flame on Both Tanks and Crossheal the Raid.

in Mythic you have to use other talents for.

Just Watch some youtube videos.

Stop think about that everybody needs to be on 100 % life... so its hard but not impossible

• Archive of the Titans Icon Archive of the Titans is not a good trait in dungeons, because Intellect decays during frequent downtimes.

Going to have to disagree here. If your pushing keys at a decent level then there shouldn't be downtime. You sit and drink between pulls, but that shouldn't mean that the tank stops pulling and putting you in combat (activating the affect). The only time I drop below 15 stacks is a wipe.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:08 PM, gamsec said:
  • Archive of the Titans Icon Archive of the Titans is not a good trait in dungeons, because Intellect decays during frequent downtimes.

Going to have to disagree here. If your pushing keys at a decent level then there shouldn't be downtime. You sit and drink between pulls, but that shouldn't mean that the tank stops pulling and putting you in combat (activating the affect). The only time I drop below 15 stacks is a wipe.

I agree with this.  I've moved it up to A Tier for 8.1 with the following comment:

• Archive of the Titans Icon Archive of the Titans can be excellent if you are keeping up a rapid pace through the dungeon, but loses significantly if the pace is low or deaths are frequent. Use with caution.

Guest Stoictaurus
  • Grace of the Justicar Icon Grace of the Justicar is incredibly good combined with Judgment of Light Icon Judgment of Light and has no target limit, which makes it potentially very strong if you can consistently heal 4+ targets. Do not use this trait on bosses with larger hitboxes like G'huun or Mythrax as it will not hit many players.

From what I heard, those two things got fixed with 8.1
- 10 players limit
- Fixed interaction with hitboxes

15 hours ago, Guest Stoictaurus said:

From what I heard, those two things got fixed with 8.1
- 10 players limit
- Fixed interaction with hitboxes

Yes, you're absolutely right, they were.  I thought I had removed that language about hitboxes from the trait.  I'll fix it right now.  Good catch, thank you!

On 10/5/2018 at 5:34 AM, Guest Johs said:

I am really struggling with the AoE healing. I have been healing as druid and monk for a really long time, and I consider myself a good healer. But I just cant seem to figure out holy paladin.

If Beacon of Virtue is on cooldown and the group is taking damage, I just find myself spamming holy shock and FoL. LoD if it will hit enough targets. That doesnt seem sustainable at all, and I find myself struggling on almost any type of fight in mythic, even trash. If the tank is taking heavy damage, and Holy Shock doesnt crit, it feels critical every time. 

A few tips would immensly appreciated

There are two things I would try if you feel you are struggling for group healing.  First, switch to Avenging Crusader.  If you are struggling to heal in a key then the increased damage you could get from Sanctified Wrath isn't being used and Avenging Crusader is very strong at AoE healing even without Beacon of Virtue active.

Second, and this depends on the key (Don't do this if the entire group is going to consistently take damage all at the same time, like during Bursting weeks for example), you could try Beacon of Faith instead of Beacon of Virtue.  This way you are always healing 3 targets at once.  You won't be able to recover the whole group as quickly as with Beacon of Virtue, but you will get consistent multi-target healing.

The new Glimmer of Light Azerite trait would also prove useful to you for AoE healing in keys.  It isn't going to solve your problem, but every little bit will help.

Guest Jahaira

Is the talent section fully up to date for holy paladin? There is some reference to how good talents are in Black Rook Hold

On 12/30/2018 at 6:56 PM, Guest Jahaira said:

Is the talent section fully up to date for holy paladin? There is some reference to how good talents are in Black Rook Hold

Yes, it is.  That reference is only an example of the fact that Repentence has some occasional use in dungeons.

Guest MON

i dont agree with your build of avenging crusader during conclave. during winds what are you targeting to make this effective?

On 1/31/2019 at 8:32 PM, Guest MON said:

i dont agree with your build of avenging crusader during conclave. during winds what are you targeting to make this effective?

There should be a boss aspect active near you during Paku's Wrath.  That will be your target to use Avenging Crusader.  If you look at the top logs from Conclave Mythic 90%+ of the top 100 parses use Avenging Crusader.  (See this link:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/21#boss=2268&metric=hps&class=Paladin&spec=Holy)  That isn't to say you have to use it or you can't do well with Sanctified Wrath instead.  But it does strongly indicate that Avenging Crusader is the best talent on that row for that boss.

Guest Carl

Which Alliance race would you say is the best, even if none of the races provide a significant benefit over any of the others in PvE? :3

16 hours ago, Guest Carl said:

Which Alliance race would you say is the best, even if none of the races provide a significant benefit over any of the others in PvE? :3

Human is useful while first creating the character/farming paragon due to the rep bonus. Dark Irons have their mole machine. 

19 hours ago, nuketurnal said:

can someone attach the pawn string for the stat priority so we can copy and paste it in the pawn addon.

Nuketurnal,

Stat Weights aren't quite that easy.  There is no one-size fits all pawn string that I can give you since there are many factors that affect your stat priority.  Gear Level, Talent build, current stat distribution, type of content (M+, Raids, or PVP), etc. etc.  If you are using an Avenging Crusader or Sanctified Wrath (non-Glimmer of Light) build then the Holy Paladin spreadsheet can give you proper stat weights and even creates a pawn string you can copy.  You can access it here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QRjhRBOeRgiZI-jl98biR2Jte9akfE8qFvWkbGj-Vvc/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=103848422181663015727

Just be sure to make a copy so you can input your own character's stats for more accurate results.  If you would like to get stat weights for a Glimmer of Light build I recommend putting one of your Glimmer of Light combat logs into www.wowanalyzer.com  It will give you a customized stat weight for that particular boss, but you can see roughly where your stat weights are across multiple bosses and adjust your Pawn settings to match an average.  (Example stats below)

WowanalyzerStats.PNG

Guest bloore

might want to edit the wording on conflict and strife essence - divine favor does not prevent silences, only interrupts. and it is extremely valuable to have in pvp, as divine favor is taken incredibly often, this essence pretty much frees up a slot to use something else.

at the very least, its very fun to use.

Am I the only one, amazed how much friendly fire comes from the Vitality Conduit minor power, if you happen to be a well/over geared Holydin ? I just ran a 3-4 LFR's to check it out and found I suffered 10 times the friendly fire I got from Light of the Martyr.  I will really have to bear this in mind, when I respec next time.

Guest WitchEROS

I love the mythic plus build that you suggested however I do prefer bestow faith talent over the other two for most encounters I can pop that on a dps really fast while pumping the tank with strong st heals. Instead of having to use beacon of virtue as much which I’m it self I use a lot for the group healing. I really appreciate your guide it really helps with a baseline of what talents to use and then we can kinda throw our own spin on it and make it adaptable to our play style