FORUMS
Dravixus

Reading List for Warcraft Lore?

Uncommon Patron

I guess the title asks it all...

I am somewhat ashamed to say it, as I have played WoW for many years, but I am woefully uneducated when it comes to WoW lore. I do my best to pay attention to what goes on while playing the games and such but recent expansions have seemingly made things a bit... fractious? 

Seeing some of the discussions amongst members here and also conversing with some friends in the past has made me realize that I am rather deficient in proper Warcraft knowledge and I would like to remedy that some.

I know there are numerous books written and there is lore spread throughout the net and certainly some gems to be found in early Warcraft games but is there specifically a list that can be gone through? Are there certain books that violate canon and should be avoided?

I have found some lists online but they are simply lists without any context so any help the good folks here could contribute would be most appreciated.

Sláinte!

Uncommon Patron
3 hours ago, Allseye said:

You can also check this site. Its a very good summary. 

That is awesome, thank you!

WoW Lore | TL;DR    I love it.

Uncommon Patron
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Going to plug my own list here as well: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/20998-reading-order-of-warcraft-books-and-novels/

The actual reading order can be pretty strange due to time travel etc.

What a terrific resource! Thank you for not only compiling it but for sharing it here. That is going to keep me busy for awhile.