FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Horcored

Immerseus HC vs. Norushen HC

Hey, i've just noticed that these 2 fights are the easiest on HC diff. My question is, whats ppls opinions on which once easier? Given the grp is not undergeared.

Somewhat depends on what you mean by "undergeared".

Immersius is not difficult in terms of numbers, it just takes patience and some luck on your first few kills. The tactics do change a bit, so you have to read up on them.

Norushen is a completely different beast. While the tactics can be the same as Normal, the fight is somewhat more punishing than Immersius. It's not hard to learn, but it requires a much higher level of execution. If you're 2-healing it, your healers will need to bring their A*-game.

(10m PoV)

Immerseus is more of a mechanics check, the DPS check being rather lax. However, if people get too many stacks of the DoT, they'll die. If they git hit by the Breath and don't have a CD, they'll die, etc.

Norushen, on the other hand, has 0 mechanics change from normal. However, the gear check is much more tighter. If you 2 heal it, as Stoove said, you're going to need awesome healers. If you 3 heal it, the DPS check becomes pretty hard.

In short, Immerseus is a check on dealing with new mechanics, even though they're pretty easy. Norushen is simply a big DPS or healing check.

Hmm..... i am just asking your opinion, cuz my grp managed to down Norushen 10hc yesterday on our normal run, while we did not attemt a hc try on immerseus and i wanna know if ppl think its harder or easier.

Ur statements of needing awesome healer i am not so sure about, cuz we 2healed it, with a shammy around 545 ilvl and a resto druid(me) 534 ilvl.

But what you mean is that if we got the gear for norushen hc, we can deff do immerseus hc if we just execute tacts correctly?

Thanks in advance

We've really only had 1 good night of attempts on heroics so far, but personally our group found Norushen to be a fair bit easier than Immerseus.

As others have said, Immerseus requires considerably more effort mechanics wise, while Norushen is just either a difficult healing or DPS check, depending on whether you use 2, or 3 healers, respectively.

Ur statements of needing awesome healer i am not so sure about, cuz we 2healed it, with a shammy around 545 ilvl and a resto druid(me) 534 ilvl.

Well it's a matter of execution when you're 2-healing it, rather than any particular clutch moments. Consistency over burst. Your healers need to be clever and a good team, rather than actually inspired. Our main problem was getting the DPS not to do a stupid.

Actually, we had more trouble on Norushen - we picked up Immersius pretty fast in comparison.

If you 2 heal it, as Stoove said, you're going to need awesome healers.

I would have ranked on our first kill if only they'd bloody logged it.   o_o*

Immerseus is the more difficult fight. Your players will have to learn how to watch their stacks (3 stacks = fine, 5+ stacks = probably dead), your tanks will have to learn to ignore certain advice given in strategies ("ignore the pool in the center, it's not an issue"... it certainly can and will be an issue for people progressing on the fight), and your meter whores will have to learn how to follow raid leader instructions (stop AOE, burn boss!).

Oh, and it's one of the fights where it's usually safer to run towards the raid damage than away from it (the stream of water he spits out during swirl... running away will often mean that you get hit by it multiple times instead of just once).

It's a very punishing and unforgiving fight. Stand in a puddle too long? Dead. Keep hitting the boss and gaining stacks? Dead. Running away from swirl (and still getting hit by it)? Dead. Letting too many adds hit the boss at once during the down phase? Dead. There are so many things that you can do wrong on this fight and the average group will keep wiping until everyone has figured it out. It's not fun. However, once everyone figures out the flow of the fight and starts handling the different portions properly, it becomes easily repeatable.

Edited by Belloc

It's a very punishing and unforgiving fight.

I'll have to disagree with this statement. Immerseus is actually really forgiving compared to the other heroics. I'd even say that Norushen is easier but less forgiving. 

For example, stacks of the debuff can be dispelled if someone lets them go too high, puddles take a good 5-6 ticks to kill you, letting a lot of adds or even swirls hit you is more than fine if you have a mild defensive cooldown going, etc. Yes, these things can still wipe you if people are not careful enough, I'll admit. However, even if people do fail there is a lot of way to recover from your mistakes, as opposed to, for example, Malkorok Heroic, where not soaking 1 single pool can easily mean a wipe. Immerseus' DPS and healing requirement is low enough that even if 1 or 2 people are dead due to failing at mechanics or other stuff, the boss is still very killable before is enrage.

The thing is, on Immersius it's very clear when you have failed. Did you stand in the bad? Well you're dead so you must have. The whole list of potential problems is easily summarised as "don't do stupid things or you die". On Norushen, it's easy to fuck up and not notice until you hit the berserk timer.

Example: we had one DPS soak an orb by accident. That wiped us, with about 0.5% to go. If we'd taken damage from a tick of the orb, we'd have killed it.

Fun note on Immersius; it was noob-oclock for our team when we killed him on Heroic this week. We hit the berserk timer with one split phase to go. I was the last person alive and spammed all my remaining mana, single-handedly finishing off the boss at the end of the split phase. He's that forgiving that a healer can finish him off. =3