FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kangomango

Warmode is a mess when leveling

All "War Mode" is is a less convenient repackaging of the way PVE players would choose to do WPVP, with an XP bonus as compensation.  But this response, and the no-life gankers, is what life on your average PvP realm would be like. 

2 hours ago, kangomango said:

Getting 1 v 6 by 120s. Asks for help in General, get a 'turn off warmode then'. Isn't the point of Warmode to promote community in world PVP? 

War Mode was great for leveling during launch when there was virtually no risk of meeting the opposite faction. Many players have now reached level 120 and started visiting the other faction’s continent for world quests.

As frustrating as this gets, you can’t take help from others for granted. Remember, it’s you who decided to opt into World PvP in the first place. Is the 10% XP really worth it?

4 hours ago, kangomango said:

Getting 1 v 6 by 120s. Asks for help in General, get a 'turn off warmode then'. Isn't the point of Warmode to promote community in world PVP? 

I think %10 with exp gem %5 really good for leveling.

At this point everyone is busy trying to level efficiently , so I don't think other people will risk joining you in PvP unless they are already 120.

My main's realm was a PvP realm to begin with, so I'm used to being the ganked. On high population PvE realms I see this being an issue. When I started leveling yesterday after work, there were people waiting on the other side of the Uldum portal to gank people going to get their Heart of Azeroth.

I simply enjoy the 10% bonus as long as possible. Currently i'm sitting on lvl 111, i just had a bit time to do some quests - it wasn't a problem yet. But yeah, i'm just waiting until other faction is starting farming lower-level-players. This will be the moment i turn it off, because there will be no fair WPvP at this point. And you know what? I really don't care about the 10% bonus...i will need about 1 to 2h more to achieve my 120. Nothing what anyone should bother about ?.

I always played on PvP-Server and most of time, there was simply no WPvP because there was no real reward. Wondering how WarMode will look alike after 3 months.