FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoQuakePlz

MM Hunter currently disadvantageous?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if playing MM in mythic dungeons can be considered a  disadvantage compared to the other specs.  I've been to several mythic dungeons and right now I'm getting the impression that there is nothing where MM Hunters really can excell. Single Target Damage as well as AOE Damage is okay, it gets the job done but in an overall comparison it's just average. And I think that's a bit  discouraging because for each damage type there are classes or specs that can provide a better result. Is this just me being pessimistic or will MM drown in mediocrity? I prefer playing MM over BM or Surv but it seems to be a suboptimal choice... Will MM get even more problems due to bad scaling or will this issue disappear with better gear?                                                                                                                                                                   

I tried both BM and MM for a few dungeons and they were both pretty similar in terms of output. MM can burst a lot harder but it doesn't happen very often. I like the rotation of MM, but BM mobility still wins it for me.

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure that most dps classes this expac have a pure PvP spec, and MM is hunter's. Though I do think MM will scale better into higher ilvls. When M+ pack pulls get larger and larger as the expac goes on MM's burst will shine more in PvE.

I agree with Brutalis. In the several heroic dungeons (have not be able to get into a Mythic yet) they are about the same, with BM usually placing a little higher on the DPS totals as there is so much movement and stuff like that. However, in BGs, I do much better, so long as I can stay ranged for to 13 day cast times of Aimed Shot (snicker) I probably quadruple my over KBs while still keeping up as much CC as I am in range to offer. Stealthies are a problem though, for me anyway at MM, because due to mobility issues we have to stay back, and that is where Mr Rogue loves to find us all alone. A one-two punch from a Rogue and a stealthed healer and we have a problem Houston. In all, I have been MM almost exclusively since Cata, and, regardless of viability or otherwise, I will remain the premier spec of the hunter class. (Sorry SH, you are kind of out of the mix with your fancy new Schizo digs. You were my No. 2)

ive done mythics as all three specs, and their dps is generally the same. sure surv and bm have better sustained aoe, but burst aoe(the kind you use for trash packs) is better on the sunny side of MM

On 8/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, Khallid said:

I tried both BM and MM for a few dungeons and they were both pretty similar in terms of output. MM can burst a lot harder but it doesn't happen very often. I like the rotation of MM, but BM mobility still wins it for me.

I'm with Khaliid, mobility wins for me too and it's tough for me!  I am not that agile a player.  I'd love to stand and shoot, but Blizz makes you run around!!  ?