FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Mythic Uldir Class Tuning: September 11th

38163-uldir-sets-in-battle-for-azeroth.j

Blizzard just announced Class Tuning ahead of Mythic Uldir launch. Check out the full patch notes!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

With maintenance next week, starting on Tuesday, September 11, we'll be making some targeted tuning adjustments to several specs based on how they’re performing in a variety of content. Here’s an outline of those adjustments:
  • Druid
    • Feral
      • All damage increased by 5%.
    • Restoration
      • All healing increased by 3%.
      • RejuvenationRejuvenation mana cost reduced to 10.5% (was 11%).
  • Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • All damage reduced by 5%.
  • Mage
    • Fire
      • All damage increased by 6%.
      • FlamestrikeFlamestrike damage increased by 15%.
  • Paladin
  • Priest
  • Rogue
    • Outlaw
      • DeadshotDeadshot (Azerite Trait) reduced by 20%.
    • Subtlety
  • Shaman
  • Warlock
    • Affliction 
    • Demonology
    • Destruction

We will note the final changes along with other hotfixes in the Tuesday hotfixes update added to our hotfixes blog post.

Nothing too extreme (thankfully), about what I expected with the nerfs honestly.

I don't think the buffs will solve many problems though, Shadow Priest for example is in a really bad place. I do hope that the buffs to demo will make it more viable since it is an incredibly fun spec to play (they really nailed that rebuild), it just didn't have the numbers.

2 minutes ago, Rhondis said:

I hope Demo Lock performs much better in Uldir. I was at the bottom in terms of DPS throughout the whole raid.

I'm using a warlock at Uldir, and Demo/Destruction are terrible. The only fight that I saw Demo shinning a little bit was Zul, but only til he gets to 40% health. Affliction is still the king, and this nerf is just a 1% nerf on his DPS.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Syktris said:

I'm using a warlock at Uldir, and Demo/Destruction are terrible. The only fight that I saw Demo shinning a little bit was Zul, but only til he gets to 40% health. Affliction is still the king, and this nerf is just a 1% nerf on his DPS.

Yea it sucks a lot. I really enjoy the fast playstyle of Demo Lock but I don't wanna switch specs because of dps. I'd rather go through content playing specs I find fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tkioz said:

Nothing too extreme (thankfully), about what I expected with the nerfs honestly.

Nothing too extreme? That disc priest nerf is huge.... 9% damage loss (the thing that makes them unique as healers) is also a big healing loss. The pally and shaman buffs were good, but they didn't get rid of a "bottom tier" healer, they just put disc there. That isn't tuning, that's shuffling. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baelfyer said:

Nothing too extreme? That disc priest nerf is huge.... 9% damage loss (the thing that makes them unique as healers) is also a big healing loss. The pally and shaman buffs were good, but they didn't get rid of a "bottom tier" healer, they just put disc there. That isn't tuning, that's shuffling. 

They needed it, though. Their numbers are bonkers.

1 minute ago, MrPumpson said:

They needed it, though. Their numbers are bonkers.

Not by any means, have you looked at any logs? They are middle of the pack in healing and right between healers and tanks in damage.

So affli was only good at single target fights and with the burst they had with darkglare , now they nerf that and doesn't add up anything to multi target damage . amazing...

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Rogue

• Outlaw
    • DeadshotDeadshot (Azerite Trait) reduced by 20%.

Really?! After playing a month with the specialization and farm everything to be able raid in best gear.. now I can re-spec. Amazing, thanks Blizzard, your logic is epic. This -5 / +5 will not solve the terrible balance issues guys. This is like how a 10 year old kid solve a problem.

16 minutes ago, Hypersonic said:

Really?! After playing a month with the specialization and farm everything to be able raid in best gear.. now I can re-spec. Amazing, thanks Blizzard, your logic is epic. This -5 / +5 will not solve the terrible balance issues guys. This is like how a 10 year old kid solve a problem.

Yeah, they nerfed Arms' best trait by 59% You got off easy.

12 minutes ago, Hypersonic said:

And this is how a 10 year old kid is crying...

every expac so far had those broken things nerfed, underperforming classes given small buffs to have atleast a chance to be competitive but dont be too strong, op classes to come down to mortal levels without being useless all of a sudden... simple as that. Classes do not need a rework so far cause most of the specs feel good as i know. So percent tuning is just fine.

Stop being butthurt, rogues still are the kings of this expac so far

As someone who play Demonology, I had feared this was going to happen.

5% will do nothing for the spec, and the same will be the case for Destruction. They are so severely underpowered that they needed at least 10% to be feasible to work with, and seeing as Affliction only got a bit of a bashing to their ST burst CD, but not any of the talents or the DoT's, it will remain the only usable Warlock spec. A darn shame. :(

Guess I might as well level a Sub Rogue and join the melee dominance, because the age of casters aren't here.

Can we like...STOP nerfing Rogue in every category I don't use..like....now?

Glad that I'll have to switch to assa now. GG

EDIT: Yes, that's a pretty uneducated comment, just for the lulz.

Also: The nerf to deadshot is actually pretty bad. every class has a top Azerite trait, even better ones when it comes to the addition of raw DPS, so..why nerf Deadshot when it's already nerfed where it ACTUALLY was pretty OP, in PvP?

Edited by Suoson

6 hours ago, Lampanelli said:

As someone who play Demonology, I had feared this was going to happen.

5% will do nothing for the spec, and the same will be the case for Destruction. They are so severely underpowered that they needed at least 10% to be feasible to work with, and seeing as Affliction only got a bit of a bashing to their ST burst CD, but not any of the talents or the DoT's, it will remain the only usable Warlock spec. A darn shame. ?

Guess I might as well level a Sub Rogue and join the melee dominance, because the age of casters aren't here.

Yeah, I'm leveling a DH right now because I can't stand casters anymore because of their balance.

What Demo need is:
• Shorter cast time.
• Better target switching.
• Remove shard cost of Nether Portal
• Buff and fix Demonic Tyrant, sometimes you cast him and your actives imps despawn (they shouldn't) and he takes to long to start fighting. 
• Buff Implosion.
• Dreadstalkers should be instant. 2 shards for them is ok, Demonic Calling could reduce the CD, reset it and make it cost 1 shard. If it happened, Dreadlash would be a viable talent and we would be way more useful on M+.
• Demonic Strenght should empower other demons, sometimes you need to interrupt and the only pet that can do that is Felhunter.

Just looking at logs, the difference between Demo and Affliction is 30%.

So 5% buff and 1% nerf brings that down to 24%. Almost balanced! /s