FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kozzie

Ignite - What is considered to be a Big Ignite?

I'm interested in knowing what is considered to be a big Ignite for a fire mage?  What number or ticks etc.  An addon called MyBigIgnite use to track this so that you could optimize when to use Combustion.  So, I am just curious has anyone asked this question before or have any advice on what number would be considered a big ignite, therefore, allowing the use of Combustion afterwards.

The Icy Veins Fire Mage Rotation guide consistently/often says, "... The core component of this specialization is chaining as many Critical Strikes together as possible to maintain large ignites."  I'm just wondering what constitutes "large" is it 1k(bfa) or is it 5k?  I'd like to setup a weak aura to know hey, you just ignited the target for a "large" amount.

Edited by Kozzie

I don't know what a numerically large ignite would be. But it's  fueled by casting  as many hard hitting spells  into that 8 second window. Although the damage instances themselves are calculated together they are all unique in their duration from when they were applied. So if your meteor and pyro bast hit about  the same time your ignite is meteor+pyro for  8 seconds. You throw another pyro in there at 6. For  the next 6 seconds your ignite is meteor+pyro+pyro until the first ignite falls off. That's what it means by large ignites. You don't need  a weak aura for that because it is based off how hard your spells hit. You could track the current ignite damage on your current target  if you wanted but  really it's  not necessary because it's pretty much up to your rng.