FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Worms4u

Is this macro possible?

Hello, I was wondering if this macro was possible, if it is, how would one write it?

If Runic power >= 80
     Cast Death Coil
Else
     Cast Clawing Shadows

Is something like this doable? Thanks!

Worms

11 minutes ago, Orthios said:

No, it is not possible to have any sort of logic in a macro (ie. if/else statements).

Actually, that's not true. While they might not be written in the typical boolean pseudo-code "if/else" manner, conditional modifiers are possible within macros, possibly the most common one being the harm/help condition.

Unfortunately, ressources are one of the things that are not covered by conditionals. And if there were addons that allow for on-the-fly macro editing based on your current ressources, it might be bordering on automation.

Edited by jinsu2301
On second thought, it would most definitely be automation, and that's a no-go.

9 minutes ago, jinsu2301 said:

Actually, that's not true. While they might not be written in the typical boolean pseudo-code "if/else" manner, conditional modifiers are possible within macros, possibly the most common one being the harm/help condition.

Unfortunately, ressources are one of the things that are not covered by conditionals. And if there were addons that allow for on-the-fly macro editing based on your current ressources, it might be bordering on automation.

You're right, I should've been a bit more clear.  Boolean logic (ie. comparisons and equality) is unallowed in macros.  Also, flow-of-control statements (ie. if/else statements and for/while loops) are unallowed as that is automation, as you mention.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:39 PM, Worms4u said:

Hello, I was wondering if this macro was possible, if it is, how would one write it?

If Runic power >= 80
     Cast Death Coil
Else
     Cast Clawing Shadows

Is something like this doable? Thanks!

Worms

not possible, however with weakauras I believe you can use boolean logic to display an icon that will remind you to use death coil vs clawing shadows