FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Alliance War Mode Bonus Increased to 30% in Patch 8.1

37964-war-mode-xp-bonus-down-to-10.jpg

Blizzard's increasing the bonus provided by the Enlisted Enlisted buff to 30% for the Alliance in Tides of Vengeance to incentivize War Mode.

The bonus increase was first spotted by redditor Draenorxy in this thread. The player also provided the following screenshot, where Enlisted Enlisted now increases Artifact Power, War Resources, and Gold rewards from world quest by a whopping 30%.

udqsf6pqevz11.jpg

In the Forbes' interview with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas on War Mode, we learned that Blizzard was looking for ways to make War Mode more rewarding for the less-represented faction. According to him, Alliance players had a rough start with War Mode and opted out. Do you plan to turn on War Mode to make use of the buff? Let us know in the comments!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

In the Forbes' interview with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas on War Mode, we learned that Blizzard was looking for ways to make War Mode more rewarding for the less-represented faction. According to him, Alliance players had a rough start with War Mode and opted out

So now we will have more Alliance than Horde.
I mean it's way more efficient than fixing the current sharding issues right?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Steveson said:

I think the wording there was poor.

I believe their intention is obviously to even the numbers in war mode and they may think to use this as a buff for whatever faction that is less represented, like with dungeon/LFR cache for tanks/healers. It just currently sounds like " we buff Alliance".

And yep, that's the easiest path, tune some numbers and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it doesnt matter how much they raise the buff. the majority of players are already leveled. the peeps with alt armies are waiting on incursions for leveling, so it still wont affect a damn thing. maybe the bonus azerite would be nice, but most people who play regularly are already past 30 ap, so again there is no point in turning on WM and putting up with the grief. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Steveson said:

If players will find the incentives very pleasing then yes, there will be heluva lots of Alliance players switching on War mode. But my prediction is that it's not gonna happen - there will be some more Alliance, but it will still not fully correct the faction imbalance. Some folks may roll bakc to their Alliance characters to try out the other side's story, but in general if your main is in a Horde guild, you won't choose to play on the other side for a long period of time.

12 minutes ago, Jinzuru said:

And yep, that's the easiest path, tune some numbers and call it a day.

Everything related to gold (and other resource) flow can be handled only this way, imagine it as if Blizzard is making a monetary policy decision. The Horde is winning a lot and amassed great amount of wealth - how do you correct that? Well, you give more income to the Alliance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10% is actually a nice bonus already and I don't think that just raising it slightly will motivate players who don't want to deal with the griefing, to change their mind. Raising it even further however, will most likely just disencourage the other faction from joining war mode, as getting only a fraction of the reward your opponent gets must fell pretty bad and unfair as well.

So all in all I do not believe that fiddling with the numbers will yield too much of a positive result. But hey, you got to try something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It seems like a very poor balancing design regardless whether the buff is for the alliance or whatever faction is a minority. Blizz want to reward players for what, simply being outnumbered? Wow that will definitely make people feel good about themselves (not really.) And yes, it's going to incentivize long-standing horde players to switch to alliance (lol no.)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 years of WoW and I've never liked PVP... until BfA.  I still don't like arenas or BGs but world PVP makes you approach the game differently and with a small group it's a blast.

• Haha 1

75 % of 120 chars on my realm are horde othere realms in my battelgrup is even worse so i will be gank/smash/destroy/kill with 30 % buff yey ! 

Why they can't change battelgrups  to mixe hight ally/horde pop servers cuz is hard or difficulte EXCUSES

Maby making premade grups will be ok for ap farm(who even farm it now) in next raid ?

Edited by Deadbird

I read the title and first had to check if it's not first of april. But yeah probably it's not just Alliance and more the less represented faction. But the longer i think about it...if i have a look at all the design decision Blizzard took so fare for BFA...no, its definitly just for Alliance! ?

I think i won't turn it on, even if the bonus would be higher. I don't get it, what's the point to raise a bonus on something we (or let it be just me) don't need? Do i need more war-ressources? - Nope thx, even without warmode i got enough for all the stuff i need to spend it on. Do i need more XP? - No sir, don't want to level an alt (i already did). Do i need more Azerite? - Well no, there is no big difference if i got a inner trait or not.

Perhaps i'll give it a try at that point where i can fly back to my corpse and don't have to walk the whole creepy way back...

38 minutes ago, Calysia said:

Blizzard still doesn't get it...the majority of WoW players don't like PvP. Never have and never will. 

Where exactly did you get that statistic?  If you and your friends played on PvE servers that doesn't magically mean that the majority of players dislike PvP.

Pulling facts out of your rectum based on your personal experience has no bearing on statistical reality.

Edited by geofferson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Jonar said:

It seems like a very poor balancing design regardless whether the buff is for the alliance or whatever faction is a minority. Blizz want to reward players for what, simply being outnumbered? Wow that will definitely make people feel good about themselves (not really.) And yes, it's going to incentivize long-standing horde players to switch to alliance (lol no.)

Short term Band-Aid fixes are sometimes incredibly important.

Blizzard has been trying a few different things to get people to switch back to Alliance.  Making the Top 100 Mythic Raid Achievements Faction Based was very smart.  That adds an incentive for top 500 horde guilds to switch to Alliance because their World 300 kill would be a top 50 Alliance kill.

If giving Alliance a Rep / Gold / XP boost for Warmode increases the Alliance Warmode participation by even 10-15% it is worth it.  I have 4 Horde Toons at 120 and 1 Alliance Toon at 120.  My Alliance toon has Warmode on and ever time I play him (a rogue) I have a super fun time ganking Horde doing their World Quests;  I got The Horde Slayer achievement / title a few weeks back.

Playing my 4 Horde Toons I see an Alliance with Warmode on maybe once every couple of days.  I'm all for an incentive that gives Alliance more reason to use Warmode.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Steveson said:

This isn't going to happen, Alliance currently has less players than Horde (around 43% of max level-characters are Alliance, this number also includes alts, so might be even less if some of these people's main is on the Horde side) and after few months of expansion, there are less people doing WQs now. It doesn't matter for majority of casual players, however higher tiers of raiding and pvp are mostly dead on Alliance, so that massive community who would turn war mode on simply isn't there.

Anyway, I am of opinion that such bonus shouldn't exist in a first place. The only incentive should have been, like back in the day, just for fun to do world pvp. Maybe add some objectives in zones to fight for, like TBC had.

Edited by Arcling

I main a blood dk, if I'm not in a team 2 rogues can solo kill me with out issue with stuns and incaps. unholy is a god awful design with terrible output and can be CC'd through any burst and they have no survivability. Frost is worse. turning on war mode with out a team will never happen until there is some serious class balance.

They want people to go ally? Make some GD proper racials for ally. All of horde racials are better for pvp and some more so for pve. I distinctly remember a team running 5 blood elfs so they could have 5 aoe silences back to back and in pve that's bloody broken. They broke every alliance racial this expac including dwarfs. Removes all poisons, curses, diseases, and magic? I'm freakin lucky if it removes half of them if that!

Any one who seriously pvp's is most likely horde simply because ALL of their racials are geared towards pvp where as ally has none now  that they broke human racial to the point its non existent, and a good portion of horde racials are are just hands down better in pve.

Blizzard still doesn't get it or they don't care. Give Alliance races some decent racial abilities like horde races and maybe you'll see am upward swing in Alliance populations. Horde is so strong because the racials are strong which made all the try hards go Horde, which attracted other players going Horde to become try hards and so on and so on. 

• Like 1

As long as there is a scenario where you get camped at a cave entrance by 50 horde players  they can increase the reward by 300% because is still *filtered* since u cant do the dam WQ any way so its all pointless they don`t have a proper sharding system where they can make the servers balanced so they resort to this *filtered* that solves literally nothing.

Because math, 30% of 0 is still 0.

44 minutes ago, Antimagic said:

As long as there is a scenario where you get camped at a cave entrance by 50 horde players  they can increase the reward by 300% because is still *filtered* since u cant do the dam WQ any way so its all pointless they don`t have a proper sharding system where they can make the servers balanced so they resort to this *filtered* that solves literally nothing.

Because math, 30% of 0 is still 0.

I think they need to give people an X% health / damage buff when they get killed in warmode that increases by X% every time you are killed within X% seconds.

For example, if you are killed in Warmode PvP when you rez you have a 5% buff to health and damage.  If you are killed again within 30 seconds your buff goes to 15%, if you are killed again within 45 seconds your buff goes to 50% if you are killed for a 4th time your buff goes to 100%.  The idea is if 5 Horde are camping you, you basically become a raid boss after a few kills and you will be able to wreck your campers with ease.

This is completely possible using blizzard's existing scaling tech.  It would need to be tuned so that the health / damage increase only worked on other players and in the open world so someone couldn't have their friend kill them 10 times and then have them solo mythic g'huun.

Edited by geofferson
  • Like 2

It's a start but it's not a solution to fix for the long term.  But I am curious on how this will all play through once 8.1 hits.  However I don't see a Faction Character Creation cap in this game unlike some of the other MMO's I've played and I don't think there is one.  And if there is going to be an incentive (buff, resources, currency, xp, or other) for the less populated Faction it needs to be for all levels not just those entering the BFA regions imo.

this may have been asked but is the 30% boost with WM just for 120 and the lvling boost will stay at 10% or are they also upping the lvling xp to 30% to?

There has been imbalanced pvp since launch. 

If Blizz wanted to fix it, the first thing they’d do is just snuff the racials.

Period.  Done, gone, bye.

The 2nd step would be making it so that when you engage another player, your stats/gear/etc go to a standard fixed value, level 20 or 120, so it’s an even gank free play experience. No 120’s camping 35’s, because a 35 could kick your *filtered* if he’s got skills. Same way a level 30 can whoop a level 150 in Halo. Even playing field, with skill being the determining factor, not gear.  Something similar to this is already in place in BG’s when you’re 22 instead of 29.

Thats what hat I think you’re going to see in the future. 

I'm going to assume the buff goes to the faction that is out numbered rather than just the Alliance (simply because despite what people on main US realms think there are other regions with different faction balance) but I still think it's a stupid change. War-mode is optional and the rewards shouldn't be the reason your in it. You should be in it because you like WPVP and there is engaging content for it, which the game currently lacks.

Now the incursions in 8.1 which funnel people towards different points have the potential to add addition content to world PvP but again it shouldn't be about the rewards, in fact I don't think the 10% should even exist, let alone the 30%. The rewards just force people who have zero interest in WPVP but need those rewards for their chosen gameplay, such as raiding or M+, to engage in it, and those people do it in large groups to maximise time invested.

No, War-mode is a good idea and it sure beats the *filtered* out of PvP Servers, but frankly until they get the balancing tech right it wont be good, no matter the rewards.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      The new War Within Allied Races was added to the Alpha today and we already have a full look at not only all their customization options, but their dances as well, courtesy of MrGM! You can check out the Earthen's racial abilities here if you missed them earlier. 
      Let's start with the more dynamic feature, with both male and female dances:
      And then there's big amount of customization options, as well as a size comparison with regular dwarves:

So, are we liking the new Allied Race overall? More than actual dwarves?
    • By Staff
      Here's a really cool possibility for the War Within, as a very subtle and mildly mysterious comment from Executive Producer and Vice President for WoW, Holly Longdale, may be hinting at our Warband characters getting a lot more involved in our travels! 
      First spotted by UlthansWrath, Longdale came up to Taliesin & Evitel at the recent London War Within Alpha press event and had a short chat about the Warband screen, when she casually said "wouldn't it be cool if those were the characters you took as your followers in your Follower Dungeons?" After the obvious confirmation from Taliesin and Evitel that, yes, yes it would be cool, she just said "hm" and that was the end of the conversation.
      Obviously this isn't any sort of official confirmation, but considering this is a really awesome idea, it seems likely Blizzard are at the very least discussing it, if not already working on it.

The Warband system is already great, and this would add a lot to it for players that choose to go solo into dungeons, as it would give them even more motivation to get some great characters in their Warband - even if it was just a cosmetic option.
      So, what do you think, will we be seeing this feature when the War Within launches?
    • By Starym
      We have quite a few Season 4 fixes today, with the LFR item level requirement, many item-related fixes, as well as some Season of Discovery improvements, and more!
      April 25 (Source)
      Classes
      Fixed a bug with damage dealt by Rip and Tear, Internal Combustion, and Tear Open Wounds in Awakened raids. Dungeons and Raids
      Raid Finder now required item level 463 if the raid is Awakened. Brackenhide Hollow Addressed an issue where Stinkbreath can turn while casting Stinkbreath. Addressed an issue where Wilted Oak’s Necrotic Breath visual can be out of sync with the creature’s facing. Items
      Veteran track items or items obtained from Awakened Outdoor Activities should now properly be able to be converted into Class Set items at the Revival Catalyst. Resolved multiple issues with Dragonflight Season 4 tier set items not functioning after equipping certain Season 3 set items. Dreambound gear caches from the Dreamsurge Coalesence vendor will now correctly award Season 4 Explorer 1/8 (item level 454 gear) and tokens will properly display the correct item level of its contents. Fixed an issue that prevented Tiered Medallion Setting from functioning on Season 4 necklaces. Fixed an issue preventing Season 4 crests from properly converting to their lower-tier currency. Quests
      “A Multi-Front Battle” can now be completed. Season of Discovery
      Using an Unconscious Dig Rat no longer dismisses pets. Mage Displacement no longer functions if the most recent use of Blink was on a different continent or in a different instance.
    • By Staff
      Affliction is getting plenty of changes today as well, with Blizzard detailing the reasoning behind certain choices.
      Affliction (Source)
      Greetings Warlocks,
      Today, we have various Core and Affliction tree changes hitting the Alpha. We want to take a moment to go a bit more in depth as to what certain changes were made and why. As a refresher, here are the goals for our Core and Afflictions that we posted last week along with some additional goals that we can dig into here.
      Class
      Ensure each capstone is interesting and exciting. Reduce the amount of throughput talents, to free up utility choices. Reduce the number of ranks for talents that don’t warrant multiple ranks. Affliction
      Address the tuning of Malefic Rapture in single-target and multi-target situations. Reduce complexity and the amount of active buttons that contribute to it. Erase the need to choose between a single-target or multi-target profile by adding more adaptability and flexibility. While we cannot go over every change here, we’d like to get a bit more detailed than last week’s update and explain some of the bigger changes coming in this build.
      Class Tree Throughput
      We’re removing a lot of throughput talents from the class tree to allow warlocks to pick up more utility without feeling forced to take mandatory talents to be competitive. These talents aren’t compelling options when placed against utility as they will always be the right answer to have. This allows us to move that power into the specialization trees and tailor throughput-centric talents to be specific to that specialization’s gameplay.
      Malefic Rapture
      In addition to becoming baseline for Affliction, we are introducing new talents that will help Malefic Rapture become the go-to spender for both single-target and multi-target situations. This should also shift Seed of Corruption to being a means to apply Corruption to multiple targets rather than what you spam in dungeons. In addition, we are redesigning Siphon Life to be friendlier to Affliction’s rotation and expect that its new design will make it easier to optimize Malefic Rapture.
      Affliction’s Adaptability
      While we do want Affliction warlocks to have a preferred talent setup for single- versus multi-target situations, we don’t want it to feel like they are powerless if they are in the opposite situation. By focusing on Malefic Rapture being Affliction’s main spender and removing talents that are only valuable in multi-target situations (Soul Flame, Soul Swap, Doom Blossom, etc.), we’re hoping that the Affliction tree feels less punishing to fill out.
      Is This It?
      Not at all. We expect to make changes based on feedback and our own playtesting. We want to get the ball rolling on changes we knew we want to make, so we could start the discussion early on and make adjustments before The War Within launches.
      Thank you all for the continued discussions and we look forward to your feedback!
      And here are the full changes from the development notes:
      Affliction (Source)
      Affliction Malefic Rapture is now baseline and has been removed from the Affliction tree. Unstable Affliction has been moved to row 1. Writhe in Agony has been moved to row 2. Absolute Corruption and Siphon Life have been moved to row 3. New Talent: Cunning Cruelty - Malefic Rapture has a chance to trigger a Shadow Bolt Volley, dealing damage to 5 enemies within 10 yards of your current target. New Talent: Summoner’s Embrace – Increases the damage dealt by your spells and your demon by 3%. New Talent: Death’s Embrace – Increases Drain Life healing by 30% while your health is at or below 35% health. Damage done by your Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Malefic Rapture is increased by 5% when your target is at or below 20% health. New Talent: Relinquished - Agony has 1.25 times the normal chance to generate a Soul Shard. New Talent: Improved Shadow Bolt - The cast time of Shadow Bolt is reduced by 15% and Shadow Bolt deals 20% increased damage. New Talent: Volatile Agony - Refreshing Agony with less than 10 seconds remaining deals Shadow damage to its target and enemies within 10 yards. New Talent: Summoner’s Embrace - Increases the damage dealt or life drained by your Shadow spells and your demon by 3%. New Talent: Malediction - The periodic critical strike chance of Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction is increased by 10%. New Talent: Contagion - Critical strike damage dealt by Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction is increased by 20%. New Talent: Cull the Weak - Malefic Rapture deals 5% increased damage for each enemy it hits. New Talent: Empowered Unstable Affliction - Reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 10/20% and damage dealt by Unstable Affliction has a 5/10% chance to generate a Soul Shard. New Talent: Oblivion - Unleash wicked magic upon your target’s soul, dealing Shadow damage over 3 sec. Deals 10% increased damage, up to 30%, per damage over time effect you have active on the target. Costs 2 Soul Shards. 45 sec cooldown. Siphon Life has been redesigned - Corruption deals 20% increased damage and heals you for 5% of the damage dealt. Kindled Malice has been redesigned - Malefic Rapture damage increased by 4/8%. Corruption damage increased by 10/20%. Malevolent Visionary has been redesigned – Increases the damage of your Darkglare by 70%. When Darkglare extends damage over time effects it also sears the target for Shadow damage. Shadow Embrace has been redesigned - [Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul] apply Shadow Embrace, increasing your damage dealt to the target by [4.0%/2.0%] for 16 sec. Stacks up to [2/4] times. Pandemic Invocation has been removed. Sow the Seeds has been removed. Soul Swap has been removed. Doom Blossom has been removed. Dread Touch has been removed. Soul Flame has been removed. Agonizing Corruption has been removed. Seized Vitality has been removed. Soul-Eater’s Gluttony has been removed. Grand Warlock’s Design has been removed. Grim Reach has been removed. Xavius’ Gambit has been moved to row 6. Withering Bolt has been moved to row 8. Shadow Embrace has been moved to row 7. Inevitable Demise has been moved to row 6. Tormented Crescendo has been moved to row 7. Sacrolash’s Dark Strike has been moved to row 5. Grimoire of Sacrifice has been moved to column 4. Creeping Death has been moved to column 3. Dark Virtuosity has been moved to column 1. Malevolent Visionary has been moved to row 10. Summon Darkglare has been moved to row 9.
    • By Staff
      Here come this week's Windwalker changes as well, with Blizzard detailing adjustments to Tiger Palm and Combo Strikes, as well as announcing talent tree layout changes coming with next week's build.
      Monk (Source)
      This week’s Alpha build brings more updates to Windwalker and we’d like to go over the underlying philosophy and reasoning for these changes. The main changes we’ll be discussing are to Tiger Palm and its damage distribution, making Combo Strikes more consistent and intuitive, and some incoming shifts to their spec tree talent layout.
      Tiger Palm
      Tiger Palm is the most commonly used button for Windwalker, but historically it has represented very little overall damage itself. We want Tiger Palm to remain mostly about generating Chi, but also represent a more meaningful percentage of Windwalker’s damage breakdown. Our goal is not to change rotational priorities, but to make every button press feel directlymeaningful to your overall damage.
      This also helps us tackle some interesting damage profiles by increasing their priority target damage, even in AoE scenarios. We’re excited about talents like Martial Mixture for this reason, which could offer some additional support to this profile.
      Combo Strikes
      We’ve removed Chi Wave and Expel Harm from the list of spells that trigger Combo Strikes for Windwalker Monks in The War Within. Since these are now automatically triggered, we didn’t think it was intuitive for these to trigger Mastery. Our intent for Combo Strikes is that the main focus should be directly on the action bar and relying on direct spell casts rather than auras to determine your next spell to cast.
      Alongside this, we’re making a couple adjustments to Combat Wisdom and Storm, Earth, and Fire to support these changes.
      Combat Wisdom will now rebalance Chi to 2 while out of combat instead of the default depletion. We think this will help both Windwalker’s opener feel more intuitive (only one required Tiger Palm before entering cooldowns with max Chi when playing with Ordered Elements) and also improve the experience of traveling between packs in Mythic Plus or the open world.
      Storm, Earth, and Fire is being added to the list of spells that triggers Combo Strikes. Our goal here is to make the transition to bursting feel as smooth as possible – both when maximizing Rising Sun Kicks with Ordered Elements and in the cases a Windwalker may choose to Storm, Earth, and Fire immediately before using other globals to set up Combo Strikes.
      Windwalker Tree Talent Layout Adjustments
      In next week’s Alpha build, we’re repositioning some nodes in the Windwalker tree to free up some builds we’re excited about. The main change is moving Teachings of the Monastery to Flying Serpent Kick’s location and moving Flying Serpent Kick baseline. Teachings of the Monastery is a talent we’re now considering core to the spec’s design in all scenarios, and moving it to a more centralized location frees up a talent point to increase optionality elsewhere.
      Thank you very much for your testing and feedback!
      And the changes from the development notes:
      Windwalker (Source)
      Developers’ notes: Please note that not all of the below changes will be available in Public Alpha 2, but we want to give players a full picture our next planned update for Windwalker, so we’ve opted to include all of our changes.
      Windwalker Expel Harm no longer triggers combo strikes. Chi Wave no longer triggers combo strikes. Combat Wisdom now balances your Chi to 2 while out of combat. Developers’ notes: With the removal of Expel Harm from the list of combo strikes triggers, we’d like to naturally smooth out Windwalker’s opener by having them start each combat with some additional Chi. This also reduces the ramp-up steps for them to get going rotationally. Storm, Earth, and Fire now triggers Combo Strikes. Developers’ notes: Moving forward, we’d like for Combo Strikes to not trigger from spells that aren’t intuitive to mix into your rotation or aren’t directly under your control, such as Flying Serpent Kick and Chi Wave / Expel Harm procs. Along this line of thinking, we’re also adding Storm, Earth and Fire to the list of spells that can trigger Combo Strikes. We want the initiation of cooldowns to feel as smooth as possible, and we’d like to allow for Ordered Elements to feel easier to play around (also back to back Rising Sun Kicks are fun!). Ordered Elements now has a 7 sec duration (was 5). Jadefire Harmony now increases damage and healing taken by 8% for its duration (was 12%). Crane Vortex is now a 1 point talent and increases the radius of Spinning Crane Kick by 15%. Rising Star is now a 1 point talent. Vivify healing increased by 30% for Windwalker. Developers’ notes: With the removal of Expel Harm as an active button for Windwalker, we’d like Vivify to better fill the on-demand healing niche for them. Skytouch no longer increases the range of Tiger Palm, now increases critical strike chance by 15% (was 50%), and its lockout duration is 30 sec (was 60). Dance of Chi-Ji may now stack up to 2 times. Storm, Earth, and Fire clones will now copy your Tiger’s Lust casts. Developers’ notes: With the removal of Serenity in mind, we’re looking to open up counter play options for Windwalkers when their Storm, Earth, and Fire clones are crowd controlled in PvP. Flying Serpent Kick is now a 30 sec cooldown (was 20). Shadowboxing Tread’s extra Blackout Kicks are now 80% effective (was 100%). Developers’ notes: We’re adding a tuning knob to Shadowboxing Treads so we can more easily tune Blackout Kick’s damage between single target and AoE scenarios.