FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Booradley

So long and thanks for all the fish.....

Greetings fellow Death Knights,

It is with deep, deep regret that I must say goodbye to you all. I have played a Death Knight since the inception of Death Knights to the game, my precious if you will, 20790 Cheevo points, Loremaster, Cutting Edges, AotC, etc, etc. I have never posted much here, but I have always read. Sadly I find the current state of DK's and also in the last few raid tiers to be so unplayable that the only option available was to change class or leave the game.

The class is broken, unlikely to be fixed and simply just no fun anymore. Every now and then a fix comes along and there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but the reality is so much different. I am sure that there are many out there that will have some argument against this, but again I refer you to the fact that I have been playing this class for a long time. My displeasure with the situation is not born about due to the horrible state of DK's in the current raid, but with everything that has passed over the years. 

Way back we could swap quickly to Blood and help save a raid, way back we could drop a AMZ to shield a raid, way back we could hit a boss with force and vigour, not like now, a slow moving, feeble, weak and unimportant class. The list goes on......

Do not troll me, do not explain to me how I am wrong, but emancipate me, this is my cartharsis if you will.

I have seen the light, so yes I am swapping to a Shadow Priest. I wish you all the best and I hope and pray that one day the gods of Blzzard will eventually fix that which was never broken, and bring back the Death Knights of old!!

Peace be with you all and goodbye!

?

Boo

• Like 1

no trolling, no following, just a comment.  I started a DK after being away from the class since it began, today.  I noticed somethings just weren't the same with the play and came here for info on playing the class.  After reading what you wrote, I decided to delete my DK and re-rolled a Priest.   Just wanted to say thanks for helping me not to waste my time with this class and as I would say with my hunter, "Good hunting to you."

-roo

I've normally kept a DK as an alt because I love the Frost fantasy (main Mage), but ever since Breath of Sindragosa was the main talent and build to use, I just fell out of love with it. I absolutely hate the talent and just can't face using it. Ended up dropping it as an alt too, went with Warlock instead.

I'm enjoying unholy lately since it became the top DK dps spec, and I still enjoy blood tanking, but frost is in a miserable state. The play style of pooling every CD and trinket proc to use on 2 abilities every 2-3minutes, and then having a mindless 3 button rotation in between are both things that Blizzard has tried to change away from for other classes. It's like taking all the worst parts of a Mist's DOT snapshot warlock, mixed with a Wrath assassination rogue.

I think in order to be fun to play again Frost needs Frostwyrm's fury and Icecap swapped on the talent tree. This would give us the option of taking Icecap along with Obliteration to be a much stronger, and consistent single target dps, and eliminate the Breath playstyle for people who don't like it. Frostwyrm fury and Breath can then have their numbers tweaked so that they are still competitive on their own in certain aoe situations. Leave Frostwrym as a 3min CD very powerful aoe attack, maybe even buff it's dps some, as long as the single target dps is still lower than the new icecap+Obliteration combo. This then makes Frostwyrm a good choice for boss fights where adds need to be nuked occasionally. And then make Breath a 1min CD, but lower it's dps slightly so it becomes the default M+ trash clearing talent, or for boss fights that have constant aoe.

Frost would then have 3 viable play styles for single target, nuking adds every 3min, or constant aoe.

Edited by Storm
  • Like 2