FORUMS
Stan

Upcoming Tassadar Rework Details

6vAAKRU.png

Our favorite protoss high templar will be reworked in a future patch and here's everything we know so far.

Tassadar will be reworked soon and the Heroes team shared some interesting bits on Reddit regarding his rework and we found out that:

• Force WallForce Wall will become a basic ability, replacing Dimensional ShiftDimensional Shift, which becomes its own talent.
  • Force WallForce Wall has been adjusted to be more in-line with a basic ability.
  • A toned down version of Force BarrierForce Barrier still exists as a talent.
  • Tassadar will have a completely new Heroic ability.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

We're still not ready to showcase the whole Tassadar rework, but I wanted to pop in and share a little bit of info where it seemed appropriate!

The current plan is that Force WallForce Wall becomes a base ability, replacing Dimensional ShiftDimensional Shift (which becomes its own talent). Being that this ability was a fully viable heroic choice on it own, we think it's appropriate to make a number of adjustments, including its cooldown, duration, mana cost, range and the birth delay to bring it more in-line with a basic ability. There is currently a toned down version of the Force BarrierForce Barrier talent still in his kit, as well as a some new talents.

And now I get to draw attention to the fact that Tass has an empty Heroic option! Let the speculation commence! *muahahaha*

OracleOracle is being kept in his talent tree and the ability is supposed to give his kit the Hallucination fantasy. The dev team also experimented with an ability which would empower Tassadar's basic abilities, but it created a lot of problems, so they decided not to ship it.           

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Internally, we've been joking about a kamikaze Gantrithor ult for at least 5 years now. I'd like to think that this idea inspired Junkrat's Rocket Ride, but I can't say for sure.

I wanted to hit the Hallucination fantasy somewhere in his kit, but a literal translation was too close to Abathur's Ultimate EvolutionUltimate Evolution or Nova/Samuro clones. We're also planning on keeping a slightly altered version of OracleOracle in his talent tree, which steps on the mechanic of Hallucination being a 'scouting' tool. I did spend a few days building out and experimenting with Hallucination as an active that empowered your basic abilities, but it didn't end up working in-game as well as it did in my head. After activating it, your next basic ability would gain a vector targeted component. When cast, Tass would create a hallucination at the cast position, instantly teleport a short distance in the vector direction, then both him and his clone would finish casting the ability towards the original target point. While super cool looking, it had its fair share of insurmountable problems and ultimately never made it to a play-test.

Force Wall baseline? Welp the Tassadar + Auriel + Diablo combo will become even more powerful. SLAM DA FOOLS ON DA WALLS.

Sounds good, Tassadar is in one those heroes in need of rework. Right now he is in a weird spot, doesn't have much damage and isn't really great as support either.

Edited by Arcling

58 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Sounds good, Tassadar is in one those heroes in need of rework. Right now he is in a weird spot, doesn't have much damage and isn't really great as support either.

I'd be happy if they reworked him as a full Healer, like Tyrande.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timotheaus said:

It would be pretty cool if they did a feedback ult where it drained all the MP from someone and did damage based off of that.

Yeah, I was thinking through a similar stuff and figured out a number of issues with that one. I first saw Illidan and thought "hey, where's Mana Burn?". But then imagine the frustration of enemies pouring down the blizz forums that they can't use their skills, as they are constantly depleted. Illidan himself doesn't have mana, so you'd have to think how to balance it too, just the cooldown is not enough, the mana doesn't regenerate that fast. Solo laner Illidan would be way too powerfull if he is matched with any hero that is not an AA one. I guess that all of the issues would be the same for feedback.

1 hour ago, VegaPl said:

Yeah, I was thinking through a similar stuff and figured out a number of issues with that one. I first saw Illidan and thought "hey, where's Mana Burn?". But then imagine the frustration of enemies pouring down the blizz forums that they can't use their skills, as they are constantly depleted. Illidan himself doesn't have mana, so you'd have to think how to balance it too, just the cooldown is not enough, the mana doesn't regenerate that fast. Solo laner Illidan would be way too powerfull if he is matched with any hero that is not an AA one. I guess that all of the issues would be the same for feedback.

I think that rather than Mana Burn, we could have something that affects the enemies' cooldowns. That would make it more "balanced".

21 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I think that rather than Mana Burn, we could have something that affects the enemies' cooldowns. That would make it more "balanced".

Of that I thought too; in my head Chromie's trait is enemies in her vicinity and / or hit by her abilities/AA have their cooldowns increased by some, e.g. 25%.

• Like 1