FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

New Realms Now Open & Overpopulation Update: August 26th

1ZCYqli.jpg

New realms just opened in both regions just 30 minutes after launch due to extremely high demand.

US Realms

Blizzard opened new Classic realms in the US, following the extremely high demand.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Updated 5:20 p.m. PDT August 26 – We’ve added Ashkandi, Kirtonos, and Rattlegore.

Due to very high demand, we’ve opened five new WoW Classic realms in this region:

Ashkandi - Normal - Eastern

Kirtonos - PvP - Eastern

Kromcrush - PvP - Eastern

Kurinnaxx – PvP - Pacific

Kromcrush – PvP – Eastern

We suggest that players choosing a realm consider one of these, as other realms currently marked as “Full” population will experience extended queues.

Thank you!

Three additional realms will launch soon.

In the very near future, we’re opening three additional WoW Classic realms for this region:

Deviate Delight - RP PvP - Eastern
Smolderweb - PvP - Pacific
Sulfuras - PvP - Eastern

We will update this thread when the realms are open. Please prepare to move to these new realms to avoid queues elsewhere.

Thank you!

European Realms

Due to extremely high demand, we’ve established the following new WoW Classic realms in this region:

Stonespine – Normal - EN-EU
Noggenfogger – PvP – EN-EU

We suggest that players choosing a realm consider this one [these], as it looks likely that other realms currently marked as “Full” population will experience queues.

Thank you!

Full servers are currently experiencing super long queue times, lag and are literally unplayable, so Blizzard recommends players to move to the new servers.

As WoW Classic players reserve their names on the realms of their choosing, the realm list is dynamically updated to reflect which realms can be expected to have the highest population.

At this time, we’re seeing particularly high amounts of character creation on Firemaw, Lucifron and Shazzrah and they are likely to experience extended queues.

If you’re concerned about the potential for long queue times, you may want to consider creating characters on a lower population realm like Flamelash or Gandling.

Thank you!

Oceanic Realms

A new PvP server launched in Oceania.

We’ve just opened a new realm in the Oceanic region:

Yojamba - PvP - AEST

We suggest that players choosing an Oceanic realm consider this one, as other realms currently marked as “Full” population will experience extended queues.

Thank you!

In addition to that, a new French PvP server launched two hours ago.

So, they knew the numbers and didn't plan for the queues. "Make a character on a new realm" they're saying. That's supposed to appease people who spent a long time just getting the name they wanted? OMG, what a bad launch. 5000 people in queue and they're not technically able to handle it? Unbelievable. I doubt so many people are gonna be all ecstatic to play classic now.

Edited by smtips

Rare Patron

hate to say it but it is not like they didn't know what would happen, they only had years to plans for this. Then they will wonder why no one is playing and they are cancelling their subs. Might be that you cannot be in queue for classic and be logged into BFA at the same time.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, smtips said:

So, they knew the numbers and didn't plan for the queues. "Make a character on a new realm" they're saying. That's supposed to appease people who spent a long time just getting the name they wanted? OMG, what a bad launch. 5000 people in queue and they're not technically able to handle it? Unbelievable. I doubt so many people are gonna be all ecstatic to play classic now.

Well, it was extremely well known there would be a (long) queue for the servers again on Classic. They CAN handle it, they chose not to do it as that wouldn't be like the old times. And it's right at launch time, the highest peak ever for the queue will probably be right now so don't expect it to be short for at least the next couple of days/weeks. If you expected to just log right in and play right away, you haven't been reading the news about Classic.

I mean if you expected vanilla to have a smooth release you are a fool.

And the reason they did not release more realm sooner is because most of them will be dead in a few weeks, everyone know (specially blizzard) that vanilla will never ever last like a retail patch, level 60 will be in less than a week and MC will be clean within 2 weeks while back then it took 154 days to be killed, vanilla is great (I always used to hate the hype around it and right now I just played 4 hour straight away) but it will never last long and people will leave pretty soon (either lack of content or too hard) and blizzard will have to merge realm soon or later

Just now, Resnar said:

level 60 will be in less than a week

I mean, world record for leveling in vanilla was just under 5 days played time. You'd need to play 16.5 hours per day, at full efficiency, with a good class for leveling, using a perfect route, with no lag, delays, etc., as everyone is currently experiencing, to level to 60 in less than a week.

But sure.

2 minutes ago, Slaith said:

We've got Classic and people are still writing posts to whine about queues, incredible 🙂

"We've got classic, and people aren't happy that they can't play classic still" is such a bizarre statement. I mean even if you expect the queues, it's amazing to think people would be happy waiting in a queue and not being able to play

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

"We've got classic, and people aren't happy that they can't play classic still" is such a bizarre statement. I mean even if you expect the queues, it's amazing to think people would be happy waiting in a queue and not being able to play

For me WoW Classic is a very inconvenient project for developers. Of course nostalgia is a very powerfull tool, but from my perspective, as a Vanilla player, this game began to lower it's standarts ever since ruby sanctuary raid in WoTLK. Now they have a big unknown, if the Classic turns out to be a bullseye all the development they made since Cata turns to be rubbish and not in pair with comunity expectations (as many stated waaaaay back in the past), yet Classic is subscription and sub is money.

For me Blizzard does everything to make the lunch as rough as they can (15 years of experience gives me right to state that they could have eliminated ques), yet make it playable so people will play with mixed experience. Also "known issues" - seriously they could have avoid obvious bugs instead of calling them "vanilla experience", that's rubbish.

Vanilla was a mix of great lore in quests, often hidden. Unfortunately nowadays game is repeatable as hell.

9 hours ago, Slaith said:

We've got Classic and people are still writing posts to whine about queues, incredible 🙂

Well, i was aware of long queue times so i logged in 1 1/2h before. I stayed on character selection, moved my char every now and then so that i dont get an afk log out and waited until i could go online on the realm. Some mates just came online 10 minutes before you could play and had a queue waiting time of 4h. 

I played with lags but still had fun...after 1 hour playing everyone on my realm had a disconnect except the ones in queue and all my mates who came online late joined the realm while we others who had a DC took their queue places and had to wait 3 hours till we could join again this time without lag. 2 hours later realm shutdown.

While i (and pretty sure many others) expected long queues this was just anoying af

Edited by ResoWho

I tried loading my human mage (SW training ground) and was 1700 in the queue, 8 min wait time.  It steadily declined till about 560 and then in a second I was on the server (maybe they added a layer that took all of those 500+), but nothing doing when I got there.

The number of players was unbelievable.  Everywhere you looked was a sea of names, and outfits colored to the spec.  There was very little to do as enemy NPCs/animals needed to kill didn't respawn fast enough.

Then, the world server crashed.  Couldn't get back on, so after several tries I decided to switch to my NE hunter.  No problem getting in there.  It was busy, but not anywhere near the SW start area.  There were plenty of animals/enemies to kill as respawn rates were high enough to keep everyone in play.

I was pleasantly surprised by the civil conversations that were going on (at least in the NE area), and players helping each other.  

Hope it keeps going that way.

Good luck to all.