FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Fade Away Crit (Fl4k)

Guest Like the Build.

Been using this build roughly for the past 3 weeks Super good. Great with a CRYO Lucians. Everything is just frozen or very near being frozen. couple questions someone may be able to answer as i have been unable to get an answer on the Gearbox Fourms. 

1) Does Grim Harvest do anything with Fade away as far as action skill damage? I assume not as it has no action skill damage to improve

2) Can Crits Crit for example Megavore's 20% chance will it crit on top of a crit? so lets say you crit for 1000 regularly and megavore procs during that crit will it do lets say 2000 damage for sake of simplicity?

3) Big Game: does it affect skills like Frenzy, Most Dangerous Game, Interplanetary stalker ect. or all the Hunter Kill Skills. It specifically states "Hunter Skills" not Hunter Kill Skills. It seems to work on the most Dangerous game's time anyway. I have been operating under the impression that it does buff all the skills.

4) Hidden Machine is that working? seems to work right away and then not until the battle is over and i start a fresh incounter with new mobs. 

any help with the questions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2 hours ago, Guest Like the Build. said:

Been using this build roughly for the past 3 weeks Super good. Great with a CRYO Lucians. Everything is just frozen or very near being frozen. couple questions someone may be able to answer as i have been unable to get an answer on the Gearbox Fourms. 

1) Does Grim Harvest do anything with Fade away as far as action skill damage? I assume not as it has no action skill damage to improve

2) Can Crits Crit for example Megavore's 20% chance will it crit on top of a crit? so lets say you crit for 1000 regularly and megavore procs during that crit will it do lets say 2000 damage for sake of simplicity?

3) Big Game: does it affect skills like Frenzy, Most Dangerous Game, Interplanetary stalker ect. or all the Hunter Kill Skills. It specifically states "Hunter Skills" not Hunter Kill Skills. It seems to work on the most Dangerous game's time anyway. I have been operating under the impression that it does buff all the skills.

4) Hidden Machine is that working? seems to work right away and then not until the battle is over and i start a fresh incounter with new mobs. 

any help with the questions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hey there and welcome! I'll do my best to answer.

1) Grim Harvest does not boost Fade Away as the skill does not directly do any damage. So the skill would only be used with this build for the small gun damage boost.

2) Crits can not crit (technically ricochets can crit but i know that's not what you're asking). So Megavore does not do anything while Fade Away is active, however, it does a good job of helping bridge the gap while it is on cooldown.

3) Big Game does indeed boost Hunter Kill Skills, providing a nice damage boost in this build.

4) Hidden Machine only works when you are not being targeted by a specific enemy. So generally if you are engaging an enemy it will be in effect when you open fire, but most enemies will naturally target you soon thereafter. If you take alternative pet talents Not My Circus, to give your pet Taunt, you can stop enemies from targeting you. However, the skill is much more effective overall in a group scenario when you have someone else running about to gain the attention of enemies.

While all of this may make the skill sound ineffective (which it somewhat can be) the points are required in order to reach the Unblinking Eye action skill augment to give Fade Away its well-known damage boost.

-Kat

• Like 1

Guest Thank you Kat!!

Thank you very much Kat.  Was really looking into the crits can crit thing. I was told they could and i had seen in a couple of places as well others thought so but there is not a lot about it out there. Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions.

6 minutes ago, Guest Thank you Kat!! said:

Thank you very much Kat.  Was really looking into the crits can crit thing. I was told they could and i had seen in a couple of places as well others thought so but there is not a lot about it out there. Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions.

You're very welcome!

Just to expand on my previous comment, the only way your crits can crit are with weapons like Kings Call/Rowans Call/Lucians Call and any other gun that ricochets when critting as Megavore (and Fade Away) will allow the ricocheted bullet from the crit to crit again, although the ricochets will not trigger additional ricochets from critting a second time.

Guest Very cool thanks

I did test out Power inside vs Megavore and going for Megavore seems to be a much better way to go. It makes the build much more fluid and i have found it does about equal damage after you factor in the extra points from most dangerous game and hunters eye. about a 14% difference With Big Game effects calculated assuming with Power inside your always at full health which we know will not be the case. I have been switching between Cosmic Stalker, Bounty Hunter, and Deadeye Class mods. Finding that Cosmic Stalker due to the roles of Weapon crit 18% and rifle damage 31% and vladof reload of 25% with 2 in big game and 3 in interplanetary stalker dishes out the most damage to mobs and bounty hunter for Bosses. Still struggling with slaughter shaft though to get through without dieing with just neutral mayhem mods so there is no damage buff or debuff. I am likley just to aggresive. I just want to stand in everyones face and blow them up lol. Overall the most powerful build i have tried to date. Rakks and Gamma while giving you more survivability just do not compare in the damage department. 

10 hours ago, Guest Very cool thanks said:

I did test out Power inside vs Megavore and going for Megavore seems to be a much better way to go. It makes the build much more fluid and i have found it does about equal damage after you factor in the extra points from most dangerous game and hunters eye. about a 14% difference With Big Game effects calculated assuming with Power inside your always at full health which we know will not be the case. I have been switching between Cosmic Stalker, Bounty Hunter, and Deadeye Class mods. Finding that Cosmic Stalker due to the roles of Weapon crit 18% and rifle damage 31% and vladof reload of 25% with 2 in big game and 3 in interplanetary stalker dishes out the most damage to mobs and bounty hunter for Bosses. Still struggling with slaughter shaft though to get through without dieing with just neutral mayhem mods so there is no damage buff or debuff. I am likley just to aggresive. I just want to stand in everyones face and blow them up lol. Overall the most powerful build i have tried to date. Rakks and Gamma while giving you more survivability just do not compare in the damage department. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your issues in the Slaughter Shaft. The build is still decent damage in non-boss situations, but because the build is so tight, you really do lack room for many defensive skills. When it comes to completing the Slaughter Shaft it can be worth sacrificing a bit of damage for that extra sustain, which is where builds like Rakk Attack are a bit stronger.

Guest Great Build

Just wanted to add that the hunter seeker grenade mod works very well with this build.

its shorts can crit and count toward the cooldown for your action skill.

i use the cloning variant

19 hours ago, Guest Great Build said:

Just wanted to add that the hunter seeker grenade mod works very well with this build.

its shorts can crit and count toward the cooldown for your action skill.

i use the cloning variant

Great idea!

Guest Guest

I found that Cocky Flakker isn't a horrible option to deal with the Slaughters with this build (especially if elemental damage is nerfed and normal damage buffed in Mayhem 3). As long as you use it right, you essentially never have to reload and get infinite ammo from all the crits. 

Guest MonChi

Thanks for this guide. It's super easy to follow, doesn't fluff around and clearly explains the choices made.

I especially enjoyed the summary table at the end. That's a go-to when you're on the run.

Outside of that, it sounds like Jakobs and Vladof are really the go-to for a Flak Crit Build.

What are your thoughts on using the Hellwalker for crowd control with this build?

Thanks again!

14 hours ago, Guest MonChi said:

Thanks for this guide. It's super easy to follow, doesn't fluff around and clearly explains the choices made.

I especially enjoyed the summary table at the end. That's a go-to when you're on the run.

Outside of that, it sounds like Jakobs and Vladof are really the go-to for a Flak Crit Build.

What are your thoughts on using the Hellwalker for crowd control with this build?

Thanks again!

Hey there,
Jakobs especially is a goto for anything crit as their guns with bonus crit damage as standard (before considering their unique abilities on top of that, most of which are also crit or damage based).

Hellwalker is a very decent option at close range while you have Fade Away active as every projectile in the burst is guranteed to crit. However, it is not as effective in the down time.

Guest Plog

I'm surprised eager to impress is glossed over. I would have thought cool down reduction is one of the most important things to go for? Could you possibly add a comment why you didn't choose to put any points in it?

4 hours ago, Guest Plog said:

I'm surprised eager to impress is glossed over. I would have thought cool down reduction is one of the most important things to go for? Could you possibly add a comment why you didn't choose to put any points in it?

I'll add a comment to the guide to cover it, but the short version is that, while Eager to Impress does indeed give cooldown reduction, it is significantly less effective than Head Count and is a fairly weak effect in comparison, with a large skill point investment.

Guest Khaoz

I do have one question, why would I drop the 3rd point into Persistence Hunter to add 2pts into Hidden Machine?

It seems to me that:

Gun damage +4% and 15% Fade away duration is better than just 6% damage if you are no the target... You are always the target at boss fights and somewhere else.

Guest Khaoz

Nevermind, we do need the extra point into stalker to unlock the last perk duh.
Any moderador could remove my previous post aswell

Guest Rikkom

Now that the DLC has been out a while, would you recommend the St4ckbot class mod for general gameplay or just always use the Bounty Hunter?

Guest Ultimerazzia

I wish this was updated, there's been a lot of changes for this build :o

Guest Jstar
On 10/15/2019 at 7:43 PM, KatHS said:

You're very welcome!

Just to expand on my previous comment, the only way your crits can crit are with weapons like Kings Call/Rowans Call/Lucians Call and any other gun that ricochets when critting as Megavore (and Fade Away) will allow the ricocheted bullet from the crit to crit again, although the ricochets will not trigger additional ricochets from critting a second time.

Based on the above, my guess is that the Hellshock (pistol) should basically be a powerhouse if coupled with this build. The pistol already does massive damage, and it also ricochets elemental damage-if shooting shock it will ricochet incendiary. what are your thoughts on this?

Guest Pillion

How would the Dastardly Maggie be in this build, instead of the King’s/Queen’s call?