FORUMS
Valks

Barbarian Overview

Guest HuH?

Why do all the guides show builds with 27 skill points when you can only get 26?

On 3/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, Guest HuH? said:

Why do all the guides show builds with 27 skill points when you can only get 26?

Hello HuH?,

I count 26 points in some of our builds, and... 27 in others, indeed. The image below is correct, but our Rogue and Sorcerer builds seem to imply a third, inexistent Renown point. I'll see to get this fixed. Thanks.

Regards,

Oxy

Capture d’écran, le 2023-03-21 à 10.34.45.png

Guest Barb

Any reason you don’t have a WW barb build? I saw a few videos that look like it could be an amazing build but out of the 3 builds posted, I don’t think i see any focused on WW. 

2 hours ago, JimLock said:

In the Barbarian Talents Guide the sub heading says Druid instead of Barbarian.

Thank you for flagging this. It should be fixed now.

Guest Wraith

Hello, I think I'm overlooking something in the Barbarian HoTA guide.  I see all the amplification of vulnerable damage but I'm not seeing any way to actually apply the vulnerable status. Am I missing something?

17 hours ago, Guest Wraith said:

Hello, I think I'm overlooking something in the Barbarian HoTA guide.  I see all the amplification of vulnerable damage but I'm not seeing any way to actually apply the vulnerable status. Am I missing something?

The Exploit Glyph would be it! It applies Vulnerability for 3 seconds on your first hit every 20 seconds. If you feel like the uptime is too low, which could be the case if your gear is not particularly optimized, check out the Pressure Point passive skill as well.

Guest Sephiroth

Hi @Oxygen,
Have been following your guide while leveling up for WW Barb, been pretty good so far but was wondering about a few node picks that might be slightly more optimal?
- Warbringer Board - Exploit Glyph Node (Up 3, Right 1 +5 Dex Node v.s. Down 1, Right 1 +5 Dex Node)
You can grab the Dex node next to the Strength / Willpower nodes instead of the one top right of the diamond. Both give 5 dex but the closer dex node will unlock your Exploit Glyph quicker.

- Decimator Board - Imbiber Glyph Node (Up 2, right 1 - Str+5 Node)
I feel that this node should be skipped in place of grabbing another +5% vulnerable damage magic node above the rare node to the right of the Imbiber Glyph (which will link path to Weapons Master Board instead).

Another thing I noticed on the board is that a fair few of the rare nodes tool tips are inaccurate... and maybe a shortage of nodes allocated? Used a more accurate tool seems to think there is 6 spare nodes available. Link below.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/39034dbf-dbf1-4332-aab2-0f6b8f113506/

Guest Asmoooo

Hi, in the Hammer of the Ancients (HotA) Endgame build, its something wrong with the paragon board.

The Radius range of the glyph is bigger in the guide then what it is in the game.  So the Exploit glyph cant get the dex it need on the second board  if i follow the guide,

In the guide it shows 4 on each side but its 3. in game

On 7/2/2023 at 12:21 PM, Guest Asmoooo said:

Hi, in the Hammer of the Ancients (HotA) Endgame build, its something wrong with the paragon board.

The Radius range of the glyph is bigger in the guide then what it is in the game.  So the Exploit glyph cant get the dex it need on the second board  if i follow the guide,

In the guide it shows 4 on each side but its 3. in game

That might be because it takes into consideration that the glyph is/would be levelled? The radius increases from 3 to 4 if the glyph is level 15+. Would be my guess at least 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, Guest Sephiroth said:

Hi @Oxygen,
Have been following your guide while leveling up for WW Barb, been pretty good so far but was wondering about a few node picks that might be slightly more optimal?
- Warbringer Board - Exploit Glyph Node (Up 3, Right 1 +5 Dex Node v.s. Down 1, Right 1 +5 Dex Node)
You can grab the Dex node next to the Strength / Willpower nodes instead of the one top right of the diamond. Both give 5 dex but the closer dex node will unlock your Exploit Glyph quicker.

- Decimator Board - Imbiber Glyph Node (Up 2, right 1 - Str+5 Node)
I feel that this node should be skipped in place of grabbing another +5% vulnerable damage magic node above the rare node to the right of the Imbiber Glyph (which will link path to Weapons Master Board instead).

Another thing I noticed on the board is that a fair few of the rare nodes tool tips are inaccurate... and maybe a shortage of nodes allocated? Used a more accurate tool seems to think there is 6 spare nodes available. Link below.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/39034dbf-dbf1-4332-aab2-0f6b8f113506/

We're working on our own (accurate) paragon board and tooltips, so, we should have that fixed shortly.

As for your suggestions, I'm... inclined to agree with all of them. I'll amend the board to reflect that. Thanks for the insightful comments, always like those.

Rare Patron

I have been following the HotA guide on your site. I've been following the paragon board your linked to D4 planner.  I'm level 99 and I'm 2.5 bubbles away from 100.  I currently have 3 extra points and I guess the last bubbles will max me out at 6 extra points. Problem is I have already filled in all of them you have planned out.

Considering there are 6 boards, I wonder if it is counting some twice like that board connector? On their site I unchecked a connector and it gave me 2 points, not one. So I still have 6 points to drop somewhere and I'd like to maximize.

For the Whirlwind barbarian, what glyph's should be prioritized after getting them all to level 15?  

Are there any general rules for late game glyph leveling for all builds? i.e. For uber lilith/nightmare dungenion 80+ pushes?

e.g.  Go for glyphs that prioritizes crit damage, etc..

Edited by AngryPotato

Guest KhalDrogo

Can you add a description of how the key passive is activated of Double Swing Barbarian Endgame Build.

it's about which weapons you use for Walking Arsenal

For the standard WW guide, I see the three Ancestral Uniques  (Gohr's, Temerity and Rage of Harrogath) was removed as best choice for those gear slots. Was than an over site or are the standard Ancestral preferable now? 

Thank you

I noticed the Whirlwind barbarian build update removed all the uniques. I understand that there are very much needed aspects, so is that the reason you gurus prefer legendary over unique equipment? Kind of hoping you guys just forget... 🙄😄