FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting

J8pe8rJ.jpg

Well, this is a bit of a weird one. Jokerd, the World First Classic level 60 mage joined Method as a Classic streamer/influencer on October 30th after having beaten their streamers in the race to max level and had over 300,000 viewers watching when he dinged. Everything was going well, he met some Method members at BlizzCon and they had a good time.

A couple of days ago, however, something very Vanilla WoW happened, as Jokerd ninja looted the Staff of Dominance Staff of Dominance on a US server in Molten Core. He was doing a pug and apparently decided that he really wanted the staff and just took it. Now you'd think simply ninjaing some loot in a pug wouldn't be enough to get you removed from an esports organization, but it's Jokerd's comments on the matter that got him deeper and deeper into trouble.

First off we have the moment it happened, as the raid group voice chat was talking about whether he'd really ninja it and someone saying that it would hurt his reputation too much and he wouldn't do it, which seems to have triggered him (apologies for the full VoD, clips are way too small for all of this).
Heads up: strong language within.

Timestamp: 12:20:10

After that very slick "F**k you" and unconvincing explanation on how he doesn't feel bad about taking the staff at all, his chat proceeded to question him on why he did it and if he thought it would get him in trouble with his guild. But he seems to have chosen chosen a very good guild for his type of person, as an officer from it was in that pug and... well you'll just have to listen to this brilliance yourselves:

Timestamp: 12:47:09

But that's not all, as the highlight of this particular stream came a little earlier, when someone in his chat dared ask him "who does he think he is to do this", whereupon we got this golden, once in a lifetime speech:

Timestamp: 12:36:30

Now it has to be said that there is a small chance this was half-jokingly said, tongue-in-cheek or a massive amount of sarcasm etc, but you'll have to decide that for yourselves. Personally I'm not seeing it.

After all of this Method's general manager had this to say:

Method has been made aware of the situation that recently occurred involving Method streamer and WoW Classic Influencer Jokerd.

In response to Jokerd's actions, namely his offensive and unsportsmanlike behavior, we have removed him effective immediately from our Twitch Team, and he has been suspended from Method pending further investigation into the future of his contract as a WoW Classic Influencer.

On behalf of Method, I want to apologize to our fans, sponsors, and community. We feel let down by his behavior, just as many of you are.

Respectfully,
Shanna "Darrie" Roberts
General Manager, Method

Which was follow the very next day by this final statement:

Good afternoon,

After having the chance today to meet with Jokerd's manager, we can now confirm publicly that Method has terminated the contract of Jokerd effective immediately.

We wish Jokerd well in his streaming and playing career.

No further statements will be made as we look towards moving on from this incident.

Respectfully,
Shanna "Darrie" Roberts
General Manager, Method

Ninja looting was a big part of the Vanilla experience, whether it was those need rolls in dungeons, or the more sinister master loot schemes, or even those brave guilds and pugs that went FFA loot, and actually ninjaing an item tended to have a pretty big impact on a player's reputation on the server. Now obviously if it was just the ninjaing Method might have looked the other way, but the sheer glee and level of arrogance on display in the stream was probably what tipped the matter over (or perhaps he just flat out refused to publicly apologize when confronted by Method). In any case, this little piece of drama is definitely very Vanilla and I guess it's just another thing Blizzard got right with Classic : )

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Very nice report, kudos Starym! ^^

Also, well, of course being ambitious is cool...
But being an asshole ninja is obviously not ;b

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Aernath said:

Very nice report, kudos Starym! ^^

Also, well, of course being ambitious is cool...
But being an asshole ninja is obviously not ?

I'm just sitting here pondering if there's ANY chance it's all just an act, that it's a persona etc. If it is he should get all the oscars.

5 minutes ago, dartbodman said:

Please stop calling people influencers. Every time someone tries to legitimize that I die a little inside.

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, as it's very much a thing. Can't say I'm a fan of it but yea. Can you feel the influence??

• Haha 1

He’s a douche.   Someone was going to be world first, people were interested in the feat, not who was doing it.

Now that he has that “title” he could have lived on it for years if he had been a good streamer.

Unfortunately he’s not.  He’ll shortly be a WoW gaming footnote.  

I mean Athene, most famous Paladin in the world, was a *filtered* for his character but he was a heel.  

This guy...

Just a *filtered* who thinks being world first is enough to make a life on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mmmm, power tripping egomaniacs and their tools of trade!
Let's get a top tier raiding guild dps in the raid, he knows how to play the game and remain civil!
Hell, let's make him a master looter, he literally embodies the spirit of the game.

Suddenly "method" prefix is auto-exclusion from pugs and frowned upon, nicely done.
Not to mention that guild - which is incompetent to form on their own and relies on pugs is busted also.

Nothing like a refresher on how the "top tier players" are absolutely detached from the reality of your actual target audience which pays subs.
I'll keep my personal loot and let players trade, thank you very much.

Well, he brought this upon himself with those comments. Simple apology would have been enough, but he just kept on insulting, good riddance. At least it was something totally classic. ? Personal loot isn't so bad, after all.  

• Like 3

Nice report if a bit late, being 5 days after they tweeted about removing him ?

But yeah, he's an arrogant *filtered* and deserves the kick, i just hope this doesnt increase his following because he really doesnt deserve it

That whole "They think I care about my reputation on a f***ing American server..." thing, though.  Look, I get it, people don't like Americans, but why play an American game on an American server if you don't care what they think of you?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hyperion77 said:

That whole "They think I care about my reputation on a f***ing American server..." thing, though.  Look, I get it, people don't like Americans, but why play an American game on an American server if you don't care what they think of you?  

Token price, release cycle timing ,some exclusives like "free character transfer for US servers".
But yes, in this situation such a comment is absolutely irrelevant, it's even stupid, as the whole situation.

Literally speed ran his Method carrer, what a pro ?, to be fair he was already super "don't give a *filtered*" when we were retail guildies so this doesn't surprise me too much, a bit sad for his finances going forward as this might put a break on his lightning on a bottle of world first level 60 but then again there's a lot of WoW streamers with very questionable personalities doing well so only time will tell!

For the time being, speed ran his carrer is the best meme out of this imho ? 

• Like 1

Honestly I think he regretted it instantly, but used the fake bravado and jackassery to cover up his anxiety.  You can see him cover his face numerous times, give really awkward smiles that you can tell are forced as hell.  Too bad that monologue about his WF crown just completed his metamorphosis into a complete and utter tool.  No going back now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxie12 said:

Nice report if a bit late, being 5 days after they tweeted about removing him ?

But yeah, he's an arrogant *filtered* and deserves the kick, i just hope this doesnt increase his following because he really doesnt deserve it

It was literally two days and a half after they said they're releasing him. The weekend is a thing for games too ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ghash said:

Honestly I think he regretted it instantly, but used the fake bravado and jackassery to cover up his anxiety.  You can see him cover his face numerous times, give really awkward smiles that you can tell are forced as hell.  Too bad that monologue about his WF crown just completed his metamorphosis into a complete and utter tool.  No going back now.

Yep, you can see when he talks about how he's not upset about it at all how he's clearly just saying the exact opposite of what he's feeling. I mean I guess he's still young, just did something basically "on a dare" and then regretted it. But yea the little outburst after was... troubling.

Drive's me crazy hearing people say Jokerd beat XXX in world first as if it was a single player.. It was him and his damn brother..... how do i know?  Cause he slipped up and said it on stream an hour or so before he hit 60......... complained about his brother wanting to come in late for his shift and missing out.

Dude should have been disqualified for that if anything.

14 hours ago, Starym said:

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, as it's very much a thing. Can't say I'm a fan of it but yea. Can you feel the influence??

I feel it, the influence to not play classic is growing ?

I'm with the other guy, I don't get this influencer / streamer bullshit, well played to those that do it well and earn money I can only dream of, but they won't get it from me.