FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BurninMan32

Frenzy Barb With Stone of Jordan and Doombringer

Uncommon Patron

Whats good Peps!

this setup i am tryin to share has soloed a 110 in 12:12.316. i have no augments and very few primals.. all ancients tho!

the reasoning for this build is to drop the rotation of ceo and create a more conventional build for high tier to top tier players.

now to juicy parts.......

you are to runa full savage set with the normal gear included in the high tier set build posted on the build page... here are the changes;

drop Convention of Elements and us Stone of Jordan.. 

this is tricky because you will be sacrificing crit damage, however your goin for more Dte.

your rolls should be socket, 20% physical skill dmg, 6% crit chance, and 30% Dte.

now your offhand...keep in mind the new legendary ability of the SOJ. switch to doombringer.

rolls are as follows! highest base dmg possible, 20% physical skill dmg, 10% dmg, max strength, 7% attck speed, socket with (emarald gr push) or (diamond=Dte for speed runs!)

plzz feel free to send a msg with ne questions and if anyone finds a better way to exploit the Stone of Jordan for this biuld plz feel free to post on this! take her easy and if its easy take it twice! good luck and happy slayin!

I'm going to disagree with replacing CoE, especially if you're hoping to push higher in GRs. The whole benefit of CoE is the downtime in which you can group mobs, reposition yourself, and so on before the huge damage increase from its proc. Having the constant bonus of SoJ is not only worse when CoE is active for your element, but you don't get a bonus all the time from it, because you're not always attacking. If you are running GRs where you don't need to fish, group, and kite, then SoJ works well, which is what Deadset recommends in the guide, but not at higher GRs.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd use Doombringer over Azurewrath as your OH - Azurewrath not only has the knock-up effect, but also has an innate 20-25% chance to freeze on hit, which is a huge buff to your consistent CC capabilities, as well as a cold% roll.

• Thanks 1

Uncommon Patron

OK i hear ya, I posted this because i felt it works great.. without any augments i was able to slide right thru a 110.. solo push, with that being said i played all last season with the frenzy barb (Because of #D2LOD) and only got to 119 with heavy augments and all primal/ancient pieces using the high tier build from this site. 

Now DoomBringer... its the first weapon i got with Skill damage increase that matchs my goal of boosting physical skill damage. I see why you ask about Azurewrath.. i didnt not see the cold skill increase.. And i now know why i posted.. haha to get feedback.. thank you.

I am goin to continue this push and see how far i can take it! 

Definitely keep going with it! If it works for you and you enjoy it, no reason to stop using it. You may not hit GR150 with it and be rank 1 Barb, but does it really matter?

Just have fun!