FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

New Shadowlands Heirloom Bonuses Detailed!

49304-level-1-50-in-7-hours-on-shadowlan

Blizzard are finally detailing the new heirloom bonuses! We have rested XP bonuses, out of combat regeneration bonuses and level up bonuses! They're also retiring Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning, making them grey items, while the Draught of Ten Lands will still work to level 50. One other thing to note is that, regardless of the quality and helpfulness of these new bonuses, the heirloom items themselves are still very useful and wanted, since they're constantly upgraded as you level, providing level-appropriate stats the whole way through.

This all comes due to the much faster leveling to the new cap, as we saw is very fast with DesMephisto's recent 4 hour run to level 50 (current 120).

Blizzard Logo Heirlooms (source)

Leading into Shadowlands, the leveling experience will undertake a complete rehaul – the current max level 120 will be squished down to level 50, a new introductory excursion that will teach you the fundamentals of the new character that you created, and a new starting experience that will allow you to select an expansion to level through and experience its full story.

Heirlooms and other experience gained bonuses were originally introduced as a quick fix for alts to not have to spend over 100 hours leveling. With the revamped leveling experience, you can look forward to reaching the new max level more than twice as fast than before. With the quicker leveling experience, the fundamental problem to the long leveling process has been solved and we found that the experience bonuses that come from Heirlooms were no longer necessary and instead, made the new leveling experience feel very awkward with the extra leveling speed.

We want to ensure that players’ investment in these Heirlooms continues to offer unique benefits while leveling, so we’re planning to replace the experience bonus on Heirlooms with unique Heirloom set bonuses.

• (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
  • (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
  • (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
  • (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.

The new set bonus can be obtained from all Heirloom pieces except weapons and trinkets. Please keep in mind that the new Heirloom set bonuses are a work in progress and may have additional changes during the course of development and testing.

There are a few other experience bonus items that will also see changes due to the new leveling experience. Monks Peak of Serenity Enlightenment Enlightenment buff will be changed to granting rested experience and Elixir of Ancient Knowledge Elixir of Ancient Knowledge , Elixir of the Rapid Mind Elixir of the Rapid Mind , and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning will become Poor quality and no longer usable. The Draught of Ten Lands Draught of Ten Lands will still retain the 10% experience bonus but will now be capped at level 50.

We hope that you look forward to the new leveling changes that introduces a faster and more flexible leveling experience than ever before.

Unhappy that I won't be getting my money back, but whatever. I'd definitely would not have paid as much gold as I have for the current heirlooms as I would for these.

If they really are going for this, they should add higher tier set bonuses and also finish giving us the entire set of heirlooms.

I can work with this specially if I plan on making anymore alts when Shadowlands is released.  Even though the bonuses are still a work in progress the effects are different and odd.  If you are in a rush and wanting to quickly get a character to max level the rested xp bonus seems a bit pointless unless you plan on parking said character for more than a day or week at an inn.  Since you can reach max level in a lil over or under 4 hrs given availability of usable items?  And if you wished to experience the entire story arc in an expansion then I presume the best way is to remove heirlooms all together and rely on quest/dungeon drops while progressing your character.

I prefer damage bonuses or unique buff bonuses for either strength, stamina, or even intellect.  Even a slight buff to secondary stats seems more appeasing for a short duration.  But I can see a problem of this for tuning when it comes to PvP as well.  So we'll see what Blizzards conclusion to this will be after the end result of all beta testing.

The rested experience extenders (2 & 6 piece) are useful. I generally try to play my leveling alts until their rested bonus is used up, then park them for a couple weeks to recap it. This will let me run with them longer in a given session.

The 4-piece bonus will go to waste for me a lot of the time. I find that I typically hit a new level on an alt when turning in a quest, or herbing/mining (or picking up a treasure in Pandaria/Draenor). So the initial burst of damage isn’t going to hit anything, and the short bonus will drain away while I’m running around looking for a mob I want to kill.

I’m not sure what I’d suggest to blizz in it’s place? Maybe something like some of the random effects we’ve seen with corruption in BfA? An occasional extra “zap” against whichever enemies we’re hitting, or short boost to a stat/secondary/tertiary in combat? As I’m writing this, I’m realizing the problem I have with the 4-piece bonus: it’s a combat effect with a trigger that is not necessarily combat-related. So I’d either change the trigger to be combat related, or change the effect to not be combat related.

I think they need to bring back the uniqueness of heirlooms. A few had their stats merged or eliminated basically meaning you bought them as unique for a class, only to have them mirror another heirloom later. Waste of gold to get them leveled all the way up.