FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Elemental Shaman PvE

Yeah there's been a few issues fixing things in the soulbind calculator. The short version for conduits is you generally only want 2 potency conduits (because our potency conduits are bad), you always want Call of Flame, and if you have a 2nd potency conduit (you almost always should) you want to go for your Covenant Specific conduit (or Pyroclastic Shock for Venthyr). Will be fixed shortly. 

I recommend checking https://bloodmallet.com/chart/shaman/elemental/soul_binds/castingpatchwerk to get a better understanding of the DPS strength of various soulbind nodes. 

Guest macro for elemental

The macro for calling either fire or storm elemental is broken for me. I've used it for years and it just stopped working in Dragonflight prepatch. #showtooltip does not show the icon for either elemental and the second key press does not execute. Advise? how to update the macro for Dragonflight, please?

Thanks for your post, the old macros indeed stopped working because of the new talent trees. Fear not however, as part of an update to the macro page, there is a new macro syntax that works for every talent choice. For your question specifically, use the following macro

#showtooltip
/target [@player, nocombat]
/cast Fire Elemental
/cast Storm Elemental
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell(GetRunningMacro(), G"Fire Elemental" or G"Storm Elemental")

Guest Demo

The talent build for the Easy Mode doesn't fit with the rotation - for example in the rotation it says to keep Fire Elemental up but it should be Storm Elemental.

Things have been in flux with elemental shaman and I forgot to update this properly. Fire & Storm ele are interchangeable in this case.

I am in the process of updating this with updated (completely changed due to the new hotfixes) information for DF release.

The updated build will be focused on Lava Burst and will not use Icefury.

Guest Spaz

Hey there, thanks for this guide.

You say "Makes Icefury Icon Icefury usable in Mythic+ but there are now better talent combinations that also keep your rotation easier. Not recommended right now.  "   but you still have it picked up in your m+ talent build. 

Hey Spaz, my apologies this is leftover from a previous build, Icefury is indeed recommended for lightning-focused dungeon builds right now, although not mandatory.

Guest Esmay

I think there's an issue with the BiS weapons listed for Elemental. Infernal Shadelance and Scholar's Thinking Cudgel are both listed as BiS, but the Shadelance is a polearm and both weapons are Str, not Int.