FORUMS
positiv2

Arms Warrior PvE

On 4/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Guest Porchie said:

regards WA's, is this link not outdated?

"Thr's Raid CD Tracker helps keep track of raid CDs for better timing your Rallying Cry Icon Rallying Cry." 

Seems you're right and Thr has ceased development. It does link to a replacement for the time being, but I'll see if there are any other good trackers to recommend.

For what it's worth though, there are dozens (if not more) of viable alternatives on wago, so I'm not going to stress too hard about specific recommendations - Thr's was popular and often recommended, but anything works.

Guest Azwarr

Regarding Covenant abilities: Necro banner refers to the previous version which granted critical strike (since changed to mastery)

Could this be updated to reflect the new change, and any impact on the class this may have considering it's now mastery?

Thanks!!

16 hours ago, Guest Azwarr said:

Regarding Covenant abilities: Necro banner refers to the previous version which granted critical strike (since changed to mastery)

Could this be updated to reflect the new change, and any impact on the class this may have considering it's now mastery?

Thanks!!

Which section are you referring to? The Best Covenants page is already up to date with the 9.0.5 changes.

In practice, the difference isn't too major - the change to Mastery makes it slightly worse for Arms but better for everyone else (especially with the reduced cooldown). It's still not particularly great for the Warrior, but becomes a very potent group damage cooldown easily competitive with Venthyr for raid damage... if somewhat more difficult to use effectively.

Guest New kyrian legendary

when will you update the 9.1 analysis? it still says "the kyrian legendary is not yet known". could you please inform us?

On 6/21/2021 at 6:50 PM, Guest New kyrian legendary said:

when will you update the 9.1 analysis? it still says "the kyrian legendary is not yet known". could you please inform us?

The content is currently in the process of being updated for 9.1 by Archimtiros.

ok so I don't understand why no one goes with ravager , opposed to bladestorme  ?? 

ok here's my logic being , 

first Bladestorme is 1.5 min Cooldowns , Ravager is 45 sec. so I can cast 2 ravager in the time it take 1 Bladestorm , also with Bladestorm you can NOT cast secondary spells or abilities . 

with Ravager , I can cast, and then continue to cast other spells like MS or Rend  ETC,,, while still ravager is still going , so why wouldn't Rav be better then BS ?? please advise . 

Guest prophecylike

For Afenar's weakauras the link is broke, accidental "-" at the end. Just delete the dash.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:02 PM, Madtitan187 said:

ok so I don't understand why no one goes with ravager , opposed to bladestorme  ?? 

ok here's my logic being , 

first Bladestorme is 1.5 min Cooldowns , Ravager is 45 sec. so I can cast 2 ravager in the time it take 1 Bladestorm , also with Bladestorm you can NOT cast secondary spells or abilities . 

with Ravager , I can cast, and then continue to cast other spells like MS or Rend  ETC,,, while still ravager is still going , so why wouldn't Rav be better then BS ?? please advise . 

Good question. On the surface, it would seem like a good trade and in some very casual/low-tier content the greater frequency of Ravager can be worthwhile simply due to overkilling the targets, in most mid- to high-tier content, there are three main advantages to using Bladestorm over Ravager.

- Firstly, because while you can cast other abilities during Ravager, Arms doesn't really have any AoE abilities worth doing it with - Whirlwind is the only multitarget option, but it is both weak and costs a significant amount of rage (more than negating what you gain from Ravager itself). With the target cap changes in 9.1.5, you can make an argument for this in very high target situations, however with how strong the Merciless Bonegrinder conduit is now (which only kicks in after Bladestorm/Ravager finishes channeling), it's generally better to save that rage for after the ability rather than using it during.

- Second is burst damage - Bladestorm hits harder than Ravager and while it isn't quite twice as strong to account for the second use you'd get in the same period of time, it is much more concentrated in a way that synergizes far better with other cooldowns such as Warbreaker, Avatar, First Strike, potions, and so on. In higher tier content, syncing cooldowns is crucial to maximizing damage potential, as well as bursting down dangerous groups of enemies.

- Third is opportunity cost - Bladestorm is a baseline ability while Ravager needs to be talented, which means giving something up. In this case, you're giving up Dreadnaught, which is an obscenely strong multitarget talent (and rather strong in single target as well), which also synergizes very well with the Crash the Ramparts conduit for even more damage potential.

You could also add the fact that Ravager is stationary while Bladestorm can be moved, and although I wouldn't consider it a primary advantage, you will find yourself in situations where mobs are being moved during your cooldowns or you need to move during them in order to survive, which makes Bladestorm much more flexible.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:45 PM, Guest prophecylike said:

For Afenar's weakauras the link is broke, accidental "-" at the end. Just delete the dash.

Will be fixed on the next update, thanks.

Uncommon Patron

Regarding Colossus Smash in the Arms Rotation - Warbreaker is a check-box in the setup for this but it's not swapping out in the rotation notes everywhere (it replaces Colossus Smash). Warbreaker also has half the CD of Colossus Smash so it seems important to distinguish between the two and indicate if there is a dependency on anything else for the 2nd Warbreaker cast that's available because of it in the same time frame.

Additionally, the note at the end of the "Execute Phase" rotation is a bit confusing:

"Mortal Strike IconMortal Strike now has a more prominent place in the rotation aside from maintaining Deep Wounds IconDeep Wounds, particularly alongside the Enduring Blow IconEnduring Blow or Battlelord IconBattlelord legendaries. Overpower continues to be used regardless, to take advantage of the zero Rage cost."

What's confusing is that it says "Mortal Strike now has a more prominent place in the rotation..." but the first one is in exactly the same position in the rotation as the non-Execute Phase rotation and the 2nd Mortal Strike has been removed and replaced with Bladestorm. I'm not sure what to make of that other than it sounds good, but isn't actually true.

This says "Skullsplitter when less than 60 rage and Bladestorm is not about to be used." but Bladestorm isn't listed in this rotation at all. Under what circumstances can we know if Bladestorm is about to be used?

I've reviewed many of the posts in this thread and there seems to be a need to roll all of the errata up into a rewrite or significant update of the rotation notes. Bladestorm, for instance, was acknowledged as being missing from Single Target back in early June but that correction hasn't been put in.

Any chance of getting a full update, current with 9.1.5 and with all the "Oops, we left that out" notes folded into it?

Edited by Ehiztari

Guest ifloops

Couple notes: 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-best-covenants-soulbinds-and-conduits 
"2.1. Important Information"
The links for Kyrian are wrong. The "Raiding - Kyrian" soulbind says Pelagos, but links to Mikanikos. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-best-legendaries-shadowlands
"4. Best Raiding Legendaries for Arms Warrior"

"It is important to note an interesting bug with the Legendary, however, as casting Colossus Smash will extend the duration of a Legendary-triggered debuff; casting Warbreaker will not."

This is not true.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, Guest ifloops said:

Couple notes: 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-best-covenants-soulbinds-and-conduits
"2.1. Important Information"
The links for Kyrian are wrong. The "Raiding - Kyrian" soulbind says Pelagos, but links to Mikanikos. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-best-legendaries-shadowlands
"4. Best Raiding Legendaries for Arms Warrior"

This is not true.

It was true for the majority of Shadowlands. The bug was fixed recently, and guides are currently undergoing revisions for patch 9.2, in which it will be updated.

I'm just curious: I was perusing the Arms Warrior guide here today and I noticed - could be a bug - that Execute/Condemn is not listed in the Execute priority list. I was curious about this because I saw if you have your BiS legendaries (Painbringer), which I do, that you're still supposed to hit MS on CD so it would take a higher priority even during Execute phase, correct?

Edited by ORCSMASH

On 4/28/2022 at 1:24 AM, ORCSMASH said:

I'm just curious: I was perusing the Arms Warrior guide here today and I noticed - could be a bug - that Execute/Condemn is not listed in the Execute priority list. I was curious about this because I saw if you have your BiS legendaries (Painbringer), which I do, that you're still supposed to hit MS on CD so it would take a higher priority even during Execute phase, correct?

Something similar broke on the Fury page, where some combination of toggles is causing unintended lines to be hidden. Changing talents is hiding covenant-related lines (in this case, Execute, since it changes to Condemn when Venthyr), while changing Covenants causes the lines to reappear again.

I suspect there's an issue with the underlying code (maybe a result of having both covenant and talent toggles?), but will continue looking into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

Edit: I think I figured it out, looks like any covenant toggle change will cause the line to show correctly, but then changing any talent toggle will cause it to hide again, though interestingly the bug doesn't work the other way around. Definitely seems like a conflict within the site display code though, since that's not how the markup is written. Unfortunately, I don't think it's something that I can fix, and will have to escalate higher.

To answer your actual question regarding the rotation though, yes MS has a higher priority - Execute basically replaces Slam as your filler button and becomes the low priority rage dump. Unless the boss is dying or you're about to rage cap, you'll use pretty much everything ahead of it.

• Like 1

Guest Typo (copy?)

Fyi, on the first page of the guide, on item nr 3 it says Fury Warrior Changes instead of Arms Warrior Changes.

Guest Kolossus

The page initially loads showing most (if not all) rotations with overpower somewhere in them. Once you change any of the talent settings on the rotations it goes away and doesn't return without reloading the page. My assumption is that the initial rotation loaded when the page loads is correct but I wanted to make sure. 

1. Cast Rend Icon Rend if less than 4 seconds remains on the debuff.
  2. Cast Avatar Icon Avatar simultaneously with Colossus Smash or Warbreaker.
  3. Cast Colossus Smash Icon Colossus Smash.
  4. Cast Spear of Bastion Icon Spear of Bastion during Colossus Smash.
  5. Cast Thunderous Roar Icon Thunderous Roar during Test of Might or In for the Kill.
  6. Cast Skullsplitter Icon Skullsplitter near the start of Colossus Smash to trigger Tide of Blood Icon Tide of Blood.
  7. Cast Mortal Strike Icon Mortal Strike.
  8. Cast Overpower Icon Overpower while over 70 Rage.
  9. Cast Slam Icon Slam as a filler.

Now if I just deselect Venthyr I get

1. Cast Rend Icon Rend if less than 4 seconds remains on the debuff.
  2. Cast Avatar Icon Avatar simultaneously with Colossus Smash or Warbreaker.
  3. Cast Colossus Smash Icon Colossus Smash.
  4. Cast Execute Icon Execute during Sudden Death procs.
  5. Cast Mortal Strike Icon Mortal Strike.
  6. Cast Slam Icon Slam as a filler.

On 11/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Guest Kolossus said:

The page initially loads showing most (if not all) rotations with overpower somewhere in them. Once you change any of the talent settings on the rotations it goes away and doesn't return without reloading the page. My assumption is that the initial rotation loaded when the page loads is correct but I wanted to make sure.

That initial rotation is correct (Overpower's priority is currently very low due to being flooded with rage). I'll have to dig deeper to figure out why the rotation tool is hiding the line - it's a neat tool, but sometimes decides to do weird things.

Update: Think I figured out why it's disappearing, so it should be fixed in the next update!

This Warrior Arms page makes no sense. If you choose the talents that are suggested, then try to add the 'Basic Rotation' skills to your hotbar, you dont even have half of the skills listed!! What a massive fail.

Guest Tira

Some of this is copy pasted from the fury page without changing anything. We don't have titan's grip and *filtered*.

Guest jscerullo

I'm curious why you don't recommend the Fated Fortune Cookie for buff food. I believe it provides the same buff as the feast you recommend using.

Guest Peabjay
22 hours ago, Guest Tira said:

Some of this is copy pasted from the fury page without changing anything. We don't have titan's grip and *filtered*.

I noticed this as well, thinking I was going crazy to have missed arms getting Titan's Grip and Single-Minded Fury.

Guest Valyth

"Arms Warriors are unique in that they can dual wield either one or two-handed weapons, using the Single-Minded Fury Icon Single-Minded Fury (SMF) or Titan's Grip Icon Titan's Grip (TG) passive abilities." 

Um, did someone just copy and paste from the fury guide? :)