Arms Warrior Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Arms Warrior, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Warrior specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Warrior Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Arms Warrior
Patch 9.1 introduces four new Covenant-specific Legendaries which interact with each of their associated Covenant abilities. Although they are Covenant-specific, they are not universally the best Legendary for each spec, largely doubling down on what the Covenant ability already excels at.
- Kyrian — Elysian Might sets up a powerful burst window, which is very strong in Mythic+, although it falls noticeably behind in single-target situations.
- Necrolord — Glory allows Conqueror's Banner to buff a third ally, while increasing the Banner's duration to around 30 seconds only for the Warrior. While not very good for the Warrior individually, the group value makes it one of the best Legendaries.
- Night Fae — Nature's Fury adds an extra damage-over-time effect to the Ancient Aftershock ground effect. It is competitive with Enduring Blow in single-target and also hits multiple targets, making it useful in a variety of content. However, the lengthy tick time makes it somewhat less-suited for Mythic+ dungeons.
- Venthyr — Sinful Surge is not very competitive, due to the already-high uptime on Colossus Smash and the reliance on extra Rage generation for Condemn.
Best Overall Legendary for Arms Warrior
Our recommendations for which Legendary to craft first as a PvE player will be dependent on which Covenant you prefer, as each has a different priority. That said, there is some overlap, and not all Legendaries are immediately available as they are unlocked through different means. While you may eventually want alternative Legendaries for slight optimizations in different types of content, this is the primary recommendation for initial crafting.
Signet of Tormented Kings will be the best initial craft for most Arms Warriors due to its versatility. Not only does it excel in Mythic+, multi-target raid encounters, and open world content, but is only a few percent behind the stronger single-target options, making it appropriate for all types of game content.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Arms Warrior
The best Raiding Legendary for Arms Warriors is dependent on your choice of Covenant, with each having a slightly different priority.
- Enduring Blow is best for Night Fae and Kyrian Warriors, and although it is a very straightforward bonus it helps emphasize the use of Mortal Strike during the execute phase. It is important to note an interesting bug with the Legendary, however, as casting Colossus Smash will extend the duration of a Legendary-triggered debuff; casting Warbreaker will not, so that talent should be avoided while using Enduring Blow.
- Nature's Fury is extremely close for Night Fae, being only slightly worse in pure single-target, but with the advantage of hitting everything that Ancient Aftershock does making it even better for raid encounters with more than one target.
- Glory is best for Necrolords, not because of the gain for the Warrior, but because buffing an extra ally represents a much larger gain. It should also be noted that the Legendary only increases the duration of Conqueror's Banner for the Warrior, and does not increase the duration of your allies' buffs.
- Signet of Tormented Kings remains best for Venthyr, alongside the Ravager talent to help generate extra Rage for Condemn.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Arms Warrior
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Signet of Tormented Kings has the highest multi-target potential due to extra Bladestorm procs, making it very versatile whether bursting down a single group of targets or quickly moving from pack to pack. Using it effectively is not problematic, since Bladestorm applies Mastery: Deep Wounds on its own, so you will not be in a situation of Bladestorming without your Mastery active, but care should be taken to apply Warbreaker or Colossus Smash first, to boost Bladestorm damage as much as possible.
- Elysian Might is a very competitive option for Kyrian Warriors in Mythic+ dungeons, due to the amount of stacking damage modifiers Arms can apply at once. That said, it requires precise timing and keeping enemy targets as well as yourself within a relatively small area of effect, which is prone to failure. On top of that, it lacks the versatility of Signet of Tormented Kings, as all of the damage is focused within one instance of burst, rather than spread between two different cooldowns.
- Nature's Fury is an interesting choice for Night Fae Warriors. Although it is less suited for Mythic+ due to the lengthy ground target restriction, it remains very competitive for infrequent multi-target situations found in some raid encounters where only one strong burst of damage is needed.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Replaced Unhinged with Enduring Blow for non-Venthyr, added Exploiter as best PvP legendary.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Added additional wording for non-Venthyr choices.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Updated Recommended Legendary to Singet of Tormented Kings.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips
- Final Fantasy XIV Director on World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft Style Maps of US States
- Darkmoon Faire Returns: August 1st
- Fangcrack Fun and 1-Shotting the Fallen Charger