FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Endrux

PvP Destro stats priority and pet talent

I wonder what is the stat priority for destruction in pvp with full 550 ilvl gear, I know there was a certain ilvl point around 522 when intelect began being worthless than mastery, but I don't know if that applies to PvP, since you can't cast so many Chaos Bolts due to silences and other cc.

I would also like to know if Grimoire of Sacrifice results in better dps with 550 pvp gear than the other grimoire choices.

Foreward: I only PvP as aff.

That said, I'd imagine the stat threshold is more loose. Probably more sway in terms of int v mastery. Ideally, probably, get lots of both. In haste v crit, I can see arguments both ways, but think the flexibility of added haste might pull it ahead.

As for GoSac, I'd imagine its a theoretical dps increase, bit since you're unlikely to get 95% damage uptime on a target, your pet wailing on them will likely prove more effective.

Both of those statements are just common-sensical musings though. I have no experience with it.

Astynax got some good points already covered, so just opinions from a hobby bloodcoin-farmer farmer(yes i don´t like the timeless isle):
I would not take GoSac. Even when you´re cc´ed, your pet should be able to further deal damage and also use its own skills like cc and kicks.

Stat priority-wise I would stick to the Mastery stacking, because it not just heightens your Chaos Bolt damage but all of your fire damage, which is pretty everything you will ever cast as Destruction(there are of course mixes like shadowfire CB and shadow damage.from SB). Since you don´t need that much hit, you will have enough extra int through your orange gems. After that, in terms of dps, I would go for haste: shorter windows for kicks and of course more casts, which allows more pressure. Crit is in its nature and my humble opinion too unpredictable and due to the short durations of most PvP fights(those little skirmishes within BGs) doesn´t has a chance to even out its unpredictability. 

edit: typo

Edited by check0790

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GuyNoodle
      INTRODUCTION:
      Laid back bunch of people with a serious ambition to get stuff done without the bad kind of drama. Making sure that with a strong leadership: raiding, pvp, loot distribution and behind the scenes work will be as streamlined as possible so that you, as a member, can focus on your leisure time being pleasant. Building a great community is our main focus and we think this should be a core value for every guild.
      EXPECTATIONS:
      A positive mature mindset. No SJW's or snow flakes High raid attendancy +-90%. We understand IRL sometimes stands in the way but don't become the person that makes the raid go "WHAT, AGAIN?" Don't go rogue without notice for signed up events Self-sufficiency. Learn raids beforehand, show up prepared (flasks etc) and researching your class Able to receive and give criticism No elitism Decent English, both writing and speaking Discord + mic. Push-to-talk during raids Patience during raids OFFERING:
      Strong and experienced leadership Transparency in guild related matters DKP system for loot. Loot council is still on the table Main focus lies on PVE - will schedule PVP events Streamlined events with low downtime RAID SCHEDULE:
      Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 20:30 - 23:00 server time Two raids a week once we're on farm status Invites start at 20:00 server time NEEDS:
      CLASSES: all STAFF: Raid leader, Officers and Class leaders CONTACT:
      Socials are welcome too! More info? Questions? Want to apply? Please join our discord:
      http://discord.gg/brkMt32
    • By GuyNoodle
      Withdrawing this application: wrong forum.
    • By Unholyraven
      **Guild: <Nevermore> [Horde][US][PvP][Semi-Hardcore/PvP][Loot Council]**
      **Raid Times:** Tues, Weds 9pm - 12am ET
      **Goals:** Rekindle our romance with Vanilla by forming a close knit, active family of gamers. We will be focusing on raiding content as it's released, clearing content in a respectable manner, being one of the top guilds on our server. Beyond raiding we will be doing plenty of World PvP and pre-made BGs; if it's red, it's dead! We will choose a high-pop NON-STREAMER server.
      **Sup?:** We have **vast experience in Vanilla raiding or obtained Rank 12+ in PvP**. We also have members that are just looking for an active and friendly community to call home and that's what we offer. **We are very active, chatting throughout the day and night, playing on beta or private servers, honing out our skills and learning to play with one another while we wait for launch.** We are a large family, just like Vanilla, where everyone works together for the common good, and everyone knows everyone. We're playing on Nighthaven while we await Classic's launch. Come play with us on NH and in Classic!
      **Needs:** We're looking for additional experienced Vanilla raiders. That said, if you aren't familiar, but you're willing to read, listen, learn, or just want to come and have fun with us, we still want you.
      Druid (Resto): Medium
      Hunter: Low
      Mage: Low
      Priest (Holy): Medium
      Rogue: Low
      Shaman (Resto): Low
      Warlock: High
      Warrior (DPS): Low
      Warrior (Tank): Low
      **About Nevermore:** We are a large org with ~ 2,000 members in our Discord. We play various games, some more competitively than others. We've been around for roughly a year as an org. We also operate as a gaming league, hosting competitive seasonal game play and tournament play with cash prizes and sponsors for CSGO, Apex, and Overwatch. 
      **Apply:** http://www.nevermorenation.com/wowapp
      **Discord:** https://discord.gg/5rh2Muq

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Dalaran Heist Warlock guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about the Zanananan's Mecha'thun Warlock deck.