Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Endrux

PvP Destro stats priority and pet talent

3 posts in this topic

I wonder what is the stat priority for destruction in pvp with full 550 ilvl gear, I know there was a certain ilvl point around 522 when intelect began being worthless than mastery, but I don't know if that applies to PvP, since you can't cast so many Chaos Bolts due to silences and other cc.

I would also like to know if Grimoire of Sacrifice results in better dps with 550 pvp gear than the other grimoire choices.

Foreward: I only PvP as aff.

That said, I'd imagine the stat threshold is more loose. Probably more sway in terms of int v mastery. Ideally, probably, get lots of both. In haste v crit, I can see arguments both ways, but think the flexibility of added haste might pull it ahead.

As for GoSac, I'd imagine its a theoretical dps increase, bit since you're unlikely to get 95% damage uptime on a target, your pet wailing on them will likely prove more effective.

Both of those statements are just common-sensical musings though. I have no experience with it.

Astynax got some good points already covered, so just opinions from a hobby bloodcoin-farmer farmer(yes i don´t like the timeless isle):
I would not take GoSac. Even when you´re cc´ed, your pet should be able to further deal damage and also use its own skills like cc and kicks.

Stat priority-wise I would stick to the Mastery stacking, because it not just heightens your Chaos Bolt damage but all of your fire damage, which is pretty everything you will ever cast as Destruction(there are of course mixes like shadowfire CB and shadow damage.from SB). Since you don´t need that much hit, you will have enough extra int through your orange gems. After that, in terms of dps, I would go for haste: shorter windows for kicks and of course more casts, which allows more pressure. Crit is in its nature and my humble opinion too unpredictable and due to the short durations of most PvP fights(those little skirmishes within BGs) doesn´t has a chance to even out its unpredictability. 

edit: typo

Edited by check0790

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 10,000 members in 11 different guilds, we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      In WoW: 
      9 Raid Teams - ranging from Normal to Mythic 7/7 M + 6/10 M Progression Multiple PvP Teams Room for advancement as a staff member Always active guild chat - 11 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall In-game activities and competitions: Mog contests, races, mythic dungeons, achievement runs Out of WoW:
      Private game servers w/ events Communities on Steam, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit Awesome CoGuild merchandise like; Shirts, Hoodies, and more BF1 + BF4 Clan ESO Guild Rust Clan FFXIV Company Game Marathon Weekends: Rust, 7D2D, Rocket League, Tabletop Sim, Tower Unite, and more Always active Discord w/ over 2500 connected users Drinking Nights _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      More Information:
      <Currently Online> Has something to offer for everyone, if you are a hardcore raider or a hardcore casual, you can find a place here at Currently Online. If you want more information about our group you can visit us at our website: www.currentlyonline.gg , or contact an officer directly.
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      Empathine#3105
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding. We cleared through Nighthold heroic a number of months ago and need some more people in order to jump into mythic. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. At this time we are full on tanks and healers.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - MM Hunter, Warlock and Shadow Priest but all classes will be considered
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Discover Grinder Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck.