FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Anima Rewards from Dungeons and Raids Will Be Increased

54150-official-shadowlands-dungeons-prev

Blizzard is increasing Anima rewards from dungeons and raids next week on February 9!

Blizzard Logo(Source)

With the next weekly reset (Tuesday, February 9 in this region) the amount of Anima dropped by Mythic Keystone Dungeons and Raid bosses will increase. Specifically:

• Completing a Mythic Keystone at +7 to 9 will now award 2 Rare Anima items.
  • Completing a Mythic Keystone at +10 and higher will now awards 3 Rare Anima items.
  • The first 8 bosses in Castle Nathria will now drop 3 Anima items.
  • Stone Generals and Sire Denathrius will now drop 5 Anima items.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Calorat said:

So everyone else (which is the vast majority of players)  get Nothing??

Vast majority does not do dungeons and raids? I am learning something new everyday. I assume PvP community is not the vast majority and if you are not doing PvP, mythic+ and raids, what do you need anima for anyway?

So...

The new Anima rewards will be once this goes live on Tuesday (unless I've misunderstood):

A 7-9 Keystone will reward 70 Anima total on completion

A +10 or higher will reward 105 Anima total on completion

The first 8 bosses of CN on any difficulty will reward 105 Anima each

The last 2 bosses of CN on any difficulty will reward 175 Anima each

Edited by Ragingwolf

1 hour ago, Skayan said:

Vast majority does not do dungeons and raids? I am learning something new everyday. I assume PvP community is not the vast majority and if you are not doing PvP, mythic+ and raids, what do you need anima for anyway?

Anima is mainly used for the covenant upgrades which aren't used for pvp, mythics and raids and don't help you at all with any of them so  what do they need them for?  And Blizz has publicly stated that the entire reason LFR and LFD were added was because the vast vast majority of players have never stepped foot into an instance.  In the case of raids they were spending 90% of their time and budget on something that less than 10% of the player base ever saw.  They keep adding stuff trying to push more people into instanced content but nothing has worked very well so the case still stands most players don't pvp, or do dungeons or raids.  especially the higher level stuff which is the only place these gains were added to.  IF you wanna help the entire playerbase gain anima,  put the additional anima someplace the entire playerbase can get to it

Edited by Calorat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Calorat said:

Anima is mainly used for the covenant upgrades which aren't used for pvp, mythics and raids and don't help you at all with any of them so  what do they need them for?  And Blizz has publicly stated that the entire reason LFR and LFD were added was because the vast vast majority of players have never stepped foot into an instance.  In the case of raids they were spending 90% of their time and budget on something that less than 10% of the player base ever saw.  They keep adding stuff trying to push more people into instanced content but nothing has worked very well so the case still stands most players don't pvp, or do dungeons or raids.  especially the higher level stuff which is the only place these gains were added to.  IF you wanna help the entire playerbase gain anima,  put the additional anima someplace the entire playerbase can get to it

I'm finding it hard to understand what someone is doing with their time if they don't participate in any endgame style content of some type. Not a criticism, just a curiosity.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ain said:

I'm finding it hard to understand what someone is doing with their time if they don't participate in any endgame style content of some type. Not a criticism, just a curiosity.  

I am currently playing 6 characters, so between the daily callings and whatever is needed for catch up on the 6th one, I'm busy during the time I'm online.  I don't feel WoW is a job, just enjoyment, and what I do is very enjoyable to me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Calorat said:

I mean I think the reason they're doing this is because for those of us who do raid and do a lot of m+, there's only so much time to play and grinding anima outside of the content we enjoy just isn't happening. Everyone is entitled to play the game however they would like, but this is a way to make the experience of at least getting the weekly 1k anima less mind numbing for people who are still playing for 10+ hours a week. It also is absurd that killing a raid boss or completing a +15 gave less anima then collecting cones in ardenweald. I'm all for increasing drops across the board, but this is a universally good change and helps the folks who love instanced content but are pretty done with the open world elements. Allow people to work towards the world building and xmog rewards however they would like is where I'm coming from, and this is a step.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rag said:

this is a step

A small one. Hopefully they will be much more reactive in the future. Even these small tweaks come really slow during this expansion. 

Plus if you do only low keys that's still worth nothing. These changes should be applied from +2

3 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

A small one. Hopefully they will be much more reactive in the future. Even these small tweaks come really slow during this expansion. 

Plus if you do only low keys that's still worth nothing. These changes should be applied from +2

I'd agree with you starting at +4 and increasing again at 7 then 12 rather than 10 and preferably again at +15

On 2/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, Khutral said:

I still prefer to get loot

They're still working on that, they said so in an interview. This is more of a band-aid for now.