FORUMS

Question I hope someone can help. I'm running a PoJ TR monk and using Crimson Captain pieces.

When crafting, is it better to use a bunch of materials to craft multiple pieces. Or to just do it one by one so I'm not wasting? 

I've read that if you craft multiple you have better chance of getting something. Is that because ancient/primal chances increase or just because you are making more of the same item?

6 hours ago, Kingme9630 said:

Question I hope someone can help. I'm running a PoJ TR monk and using Crimson Captain pieces.

When crafting, is it better to use a bunch of materials to craft multiple pieces. Or to just do it one by one so I'm not wasting? 

I've read that if you craft multiple you have better chance of getting something. Is that because ancient/primal chances increase or just because you are making more of the same item?

Crafting multiple of the same item does exactly what you'd expect - you craft multiples of the item instantly using exactly the same amount of materials as if you crafted them one by one. It does not increase your ancient chance or primal ancient chance at all.

The reason you might want to craft multiple at once is time. At a certain point in the season, you have tons of materials and you just want to keep rolling for an insanely low chance at a primal or well-rolled ancient item. Since the chance is so low, you'd rather just craft 40x at a time to save time crafting, and then go back to farming more materials. Early on when resources are more limited, crafting one by one is almost certainly better since each craft matters more. But, when you're at the point where you know you'll be crafting hundreds, the idea of wasting a few crafts because you're doing them in groups becomes much less important.

• Like 1