FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Guide (TBC Classic)

Guest TheLeviathan

Hi, I believe agility now gives hunter 1 attack power instead of 2.

5 hours ago, Guest TheLeviathan said:

Hi, I believe agility now gives hunter 1 attack power instead of 2.

You are correct, I didn't proofread carefully when I was editing my stat descriptions from Classic. Hunters do indeed only get 1 Ranged Attack Power per point of Agility in TBC. 

Guest Unseen Guest

I think you can get arrows and ammo from vendors at level 55 that give 22 DPS in prepatch!

Guest Primalstrike Bad

From a numbers standpoint Primalstrike is good, from a practicality standpoint there is no good reason to waste time crafting it. The cost is WAY too high.

You end up stuck in a bad leatherworking specialization and end up throwing the gear away ASAP. Beast lord is better long term and the investment to get leatherworking to a level you can craft these is better spent finding alternate gear or a better profession. Do yourself a favor and ignore primalstrike, save your time and gold, get beast lord, and then get better gear in Kara or heroics. Why spend time getting "pre raid BIS" gear when the BIS gear is cheaper and easier to get?

2 hours ago, Guest Primalstrike Bad said:

From a numbers standpoint Primalstrike is good, from a practicality standpoint there is no good reason to waste time crafting it. The cost is WAY too high.

You end up stuck in a bad leatherworking specialization and end up throwing the gear away ASAP. Beast lord is better long term and the investment to get leatherworking to a level you can craft these is better spent finding alternate gear or a better profession. Do yourself a favor and ignore primalstrike, save your time and gold, get beast lord, and then get better gear in Kara or heroics. Why spend time getting "pre raid BIS" gear when the BIS gear is cheaper and easier to get?

Totally valid point. Primalstrike is extremely expensive, which is why I inlcude alternative options. You can wear 4pc Beastlord and all 3 Primalstrike pieces however - they are not mutually exclusive. Also, with how easy the raids are, there isn't much point in wasting the gold on Primalstrike unless you have the gold to burn and you want to be as optimal as possible. It still is "pre-raid BiS" regardless of how you feel about it though, which is why I include it.

Guest MoldyGecko

You can no longer stack the consumables of well fed and nightfin soup. 

16 hours ago, Guest MoldyGecko said:

You can no longer stack the consumables of well fed and nightfin soup. 

Thanks, I'll fix that

Guest Phragon

The portion regarding the Wind Serpent is partially incorrect. Blizzard removed the caster pet penalty from wind serpents in TBCC, and once out of focus they will close in with a target and melee. 

Guest poohnani

the bis list does not show several things that should be there; like Claw of the Watcher which has 2 sockets, crit rating, and ap. That's your BIS Offhand pre-raid easily. (16 agi 12 crit 24 ap) + the ability to socket a blue (purple agi/stam) for 3 more crit strike rating, to meet your helm's meta gem requirements.

please consider looking at this again, the last update was in may in changelog and is not accurate or up to date, IMHO

Also, I am looking for someone to explain how much stat weight agi and crit are compared to AP for scaling damage, and for example, what is the adamantite weightstone's +12 damage worth? since it is +12 min and +12 max dmg it could be considered like wearing another 24 DPS on arrows, but this scales dynamically with weapon speed, so would a 3.0 weapon benefit more or less than a 2.7 or 2.8 or 2.9, that's what I want to know as well from any guide. is 124 AP worth more than say 35 agi and 62 ap? does crit become worth less and less after a certain threshold since kill command does not neccessarily need to be used every cd to maintain the 4 piece, similarly, it takes more mana, and a lot of sims im seeing dont use multi/arcane/kc into a steady/auto they just included steady/auto and then multi on cd, but you can't really look at that either if multi is breaking any cc's often using arcane to reposition due to mechanics as well.

idk

29 minutes ago, Guest poohnani said:

the bis list does not show several things that should be there; like Claw of the Watcher which has 2 sockets, crit rating, and ap. That's your BIS Offhand pre-raid easily. (16 agi 12 crit 24 ap) + the ability to socket a blue (purple agi/stam) for 3 more crit strike rating, to meet your helm's meta gem requirements.

please consider looking at this again, the last update was in may in changelog and is not accurate or up to date, IMHO

Also, I am looking for someone to explain how much stat weight agi and crit are compared to AP for scaling damage, and for example, what is the adamantite weightstone's +12 damage worth? since it is +12 min and +12 max dmg it could be considered like wearing another 24 DPS on arrows, but this scales dynamically with weapon speed, so would a 3.0 weapon benefit more or less than a 2.7 or 2.8 or 2.9, that's what I want to know as well from any guide. is 124 AP worth more than say 35 agi and 62 ap? does crit become worth less and less after a certain threshold since kill command does not neccessarily need to be used every cd to maintain the 4 piece, similarly, it takes more mana, and a lot of sims im seeing dont use multi/arcane/kc into a steady/auto they just included steady/auto and then multi on cd, but you can't really look at that either if multi is breaking any cc's often using arcane to reposition due to mechanics as well.

idk

Claw of the watcher is there, but it's a main hand only, not off hand. It is the BiS main hand even with raid gear.

All of your damage from bows is calculated from the base level, so what you can do is pretty easily estimate see the weapon damage increase on your stat screen. So if your weapon damage is roughly 500, adding 24 to that is roughly a 5% increase, which means your shots are hitting 5% harder on average. That's just a basic estimation, but gives you an idea of how powerful the weapon stones are. You would either need to compare logs or look at sims to see more.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:27 AM, showertime said:

why is haste not listed at all in the stat priority section? 

Haste is not found on any of the gear in this phase except a couple of trinket procs, so I didn't include it. All you'll get it from is just potions and other buffs you would use anyways. Haste is also a super akward stat for Hunters because of how our rotation works, so it can be either extremely good or your worst stat depending on your current weapon speed and the fight duration.

Guest DragonbaneXXI

Great guide! Using it to plan out my alts gearing path while leveling to 70.

One thing I feel should be mentioned, reading through the previous comments Primalstrike was mentioned as being BiS over the alternative options. I noticed that the Off-Hand listed on the BiS (not alternative) is actually weaker than an item listed on the alternative (Void-Talon - Guile of Khoraazi)

Just thought I'd bring it up for consistency, since Primalstrike is, as mentioned, diffcult and expensive to get, but still on the BiS portion of the list. 

Guest missingquiverguy

I cannot find the best quiver/ammo pouch in any of these pages, and it's a significant dps difference.

Guest Laureline

I really wish you kept the Phase 1 BiS page, some of us are in guilds that are still working on Karazhan/Gruul's. To have it replaced by Phase 2 BiS (which is unobtainable atm) doesn't make sense. Please put it back the way it was and add this new Phase 2 to it. It would be so much more useful.

Guest Reller

You can pick up the quest for Hunter pet from a specific NPC ( as blood elf atleast)  not from any hunter class trainer

I can pick up this quest only from Silvermoon  - Oninath

Guest Garrak

Big fan of your guides and have been using them all expansion.  Any idea when you'll have phase 3 uploaded?  Thanks! <3

18 hours ago, Guest Garrak said:

Big fan of your guides and have been using them all expansion.  Any idea when you'll have phase 3 uploaded?  Thanks! ❤️

Thanks, appreciate the support!

The p3 updates are actually already out! You can find them here https://www.icy-veins.com/tbc-classic/beast-mastery-hunter-dps-pve-gear-best-in-slot

The gear guide tabs just are not updated yet, but everything is updated for p3

3 hours ago, Guest Lethal said:

Need 2 blue gems for meta gem

The 2 green gems count towards the blue gem requirement.