FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior Leveling

This thread is for comments about our Arms Warrior leveling guide for TBC Classic.

Guest Endls Rage

Hello I went with the improved mortal strike and endless rage. I then put some left over points into fury. This seemed to be ok for my new retalented level sixty warrior.

but you disagree. U argue you can get more damage by suffering critical strikes with the furry talents. I have not tested it but I though I would do more damage with more rage ala 25 percent more with endless rage so I thought perhaps I would do more dos if I was fighting longer over time. Perhaps I am wrong and there is no adavAntage in a dungeon doing extended fighting with endless rage? I like the idea of getting sweeping strikes in fury.

in what cases is your build better FPS than an arms build with Improved mortal strike and endless rage? 

maybe I should retalent...

by the way I never use slam. It has a silly animation and I just don’t even put it on my tool bar. Is this going to be a huge dps loss for me in dungeons and raids when I never hit slam?

2 hours ago, Guest Endls Rage said:

Hello I went with the improved mortal strike and endless rage. I then put some left over points into fury. This seemed to be ok for my new retalented level sixty warrior.

but you disagree. U argue you can get more damage by suffering critical strikes with the furry talents. I have not tested it but I though I would do more damage with more rage ala 25 percent more with endless rage so I thought perhaps I would do more dos if I was fighting longer over time. Perhaps I am wrong and there is no adavAntage in a dungeon doing extended fighting with endless rage? I like the idea of getting sweeping strikes in fury.

in what cases is your build better FPS than an arms build with Improved mortal strike and endless rage? 

maybe I should retalent...

by the way I never use slam. It has a silly animation and I just don’t even put it on my tool bar. Is this going to be a huge dps loss for me in dungeons and raids when I never hit slam?

If you are focusing more on dungeons then the extra talent points in fury is much better for the increases buffs and sweeping strikes for AoEing.  For solo leveling both specs are fine and there is minimal difference.  Slam is only worth using if you have the improved slam talent to reduce the cast time.  It is only really viable in early levels before you can respec and get mortal strike.  In raids as an arms warrior it is a crucial ability that you will need to use after your auto attacks.

2 hours ago, Guest Vyrthur said:

Good places to quest as a warrior?

Depending on your level you will want to quest in zones that are equal to your level, or 1-2 levels lower as this drastically increases your killing speed and reduces your downtime between mobs.

Guest Idonna

Classic 1-60 arms leveling up guide had first 3 points put on "improved rend" and was told "improved heroic strike" is not on priority, now on 1-70 first 3 points are put on "improved heroic strike"

So what is different on Classic vs TBC on these talents, I know Rend got scaled by weapon dmg or something, but heroic strike is still same.

Or are these guides just randomly made up?

10 hours ago, Guest Idonna said:

Classic 1-60 arms leveling up guide had first 3 points put on "improved rend" and was told "improved heroic strike" is not on priority, now on 1-70 first 3 points are put on "improved heroic strike"

So what is different on Classic vs TBC on these talents, I know Rend got scaled by weapon dmg or something, but heroic strike is still same.

Rend is not used past around level 12 or so as its damage falls off.  Heroic strike still continues to be used so the talent is better overall.

Guest Mellisco
On 6/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Guest Idonna said:

Yeah this guide seems like BS. It doesn't even mention Slam anywhere

17 hours ago, Guest Mellisco said:

Yeah this guide seems like BS. It doesn't even mention Slam anywhere

youre welcome to go improved rend if you like.  its a waste of talent points for an ability you dont use for long.  imp slam is fine for a few levels, but mortal strike is better.  if you dont mind the respec then you can take these talents and change points as you level up.  imp slam is fun and gets you through the mid 30s easily if you have a strong 2hander