Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Affliction Warlock Leveling

Recommended Posts

Guest Triala

The level by level, point by point feature is not working right now when you move the slider. Just an fyi. Thanks for creating the guide! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the kind words! We are working on fixing the slider and it should be fixed soon.! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Soysauce

Hello, thank you for your guide. 

I am leveling a warlock for tbc actually and utilizing a drain tanking build and the succubus. Affliction is so good for questing and grinding. 

I have a few questions : what pet do you recommend while leveling with UA?

I'm interested with the demonic sacrifice spec, what is considered a good enough gear for switching to this spec? And is just one point in fel concentration isn't a problem for drain tanking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, Guest Soysauce said:

Hello, thank you for your guide. 

I am leveling a warlock for tbc actually and utilizing a drain tanking build and the succubus. Affliction is so good for questing and grinding. 

I have a few questions : what pet do you recommend while leveling with UA?

I'm interested with the demonic sacrifice spec, what is considered a good enough gear for switching to this spec? And is just one point in fel concentration isn't a problem for drain tanking? 

Hey! Thanks for the kind words and I agree, Affliction is sooooo good for questing. Not only that, but it's so fun and safe as well. As for the gear requirement to swap to SM/DS, you are able to do it pretty much with any gear. I've done it in T1 gear fine. The only thing is that it's better with more gear and Unstable Affliction helps make up for the lack of stats. I wouldn't suggest SM/DS if you're a freshly booted Warlock, but as soon as you get SOME gear with Spell Power,  you'll be fine. 

 

As for Fel Conc, it's very helpful for Drain Tanking at the lower levels, the thing is once you get to UA or SM/DS, your gameplay changes from drain tanking, to running and dotting with virtually no stopping. Making Fel Conc not needed, but a nice talent to have for WHEN/IF you need to drain .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacob

Would love for the slider to be fixed since I'm leveling a warlock now, thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guest Jacob said:

Would love for the slider to be fixed since I'm leveling a warlock now, thank you so much!

Hey. Can you please specify what the issue is exactly? I just checked and both sliders seem to work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Demonik01
22 hours ago, Vlad said:

Hey. Can you please specify what the issue is exactly? I just checked and both sliders seem to work for me.

Hello Vlad, when you adjust the slider it does not adjust the points in the talent tree. So as a level 60 there is no way to tell where the points should be going using this guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Demonik01 said:

Hello Vlad, when you adjust the slider it does not adjust the points in the talent tree. So as a level 60 there is no way to tell where the points should be going using this guide.

That's strange. There are two sliders on the page, and both work for me and adjust the points in the talent tree accordingly (it doesn't actually change unless you let go of the mouse button, though, so if you're just dragging around without releasing the button it won't change the tree). Which tree are you having issues with?

Any chance you could do a quick screen recording to show me how it doesn't work?

Thanks and sorry about the problem!

Edit: The Previous/Next buttons under each tree should also pretty much do the same job. Do those not work either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacob
On 5/28/2021 at 1:32 AM, Vlad said:

Hey. Can you please specify what the issue is exactly? I just checked and both sliders seem to work for me.

Hey Vlad, thanks for the response. The slider works but I'm pretty sure it's not accurate to what should be put on a level-to-level basis. It looks like it's going through each tier from top to bottom, instead of what should be put on in each level. For example, you don't get siphon life until level 40 which doesn't seem right to me? Maybe that is right and I'm totally just wrong about this since I've never played warlock before haha, please let me know! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Darkberri

Hi thanks for the updated guide. I was wondering the skills to buy part will it be updated or will the ones from the classic guide be fine to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the sliders work but the top one has talents to the same as what would be level 71 (i.e. 44 and affliction and 17 in demonology).  can't get there from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, Guest Darkberri said:

Hi thanks for the updated guide. I was wondering the skills to buy part will it be updated or will the ones from the classic guide be fine to follow.

I'm wondering the same thing myself. The guide only seems to address buying Grimoires for your Demon.

I would assume that the spells we buy would be based on our rotation and utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Bobthewarlock

You didn't mention anything in your guide about pets before level 50. Can you please offer some advice, I don't want to sit afk in a dungeon while some poor mage or paladin grinds his life away. And I'm poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Bobthewarlock said:

You didn't mention anything in your guide about pets before level 50. Can you please offer some advice, I don't want to sit afk in a dungeon while some poor mage or paladin grinds his life away. And I'm poor.

Each pet has it's niche uses and you can use whichever you prefer. Imp has the best regen and supplies good dmg, at the cost of spending it's own mana. Which can get in the way of your Dark Pact if you're running it. VW is good to tank some mobs for you and supply you with a Sacrifice shield for emergencies. FH is my favorite tho. It has dispels, spell locks that can save you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...