FORUMS
Damien

Frost Mage AoE Leveling

This thread is for comments about our Frost Mage AoE leveling guide for TBC Classic.

Guest Jamie

The Murlocs in Dustwallow Marsh have been removed and replaced by non-grindable mobs, so the level 36-38 grind there isn't viable

>> 

• Level 36 Murlocs around 56, 15 in Dustwallow Marsh.

2 hours ago, Guest Jamie said:

The Murlocs in Dustwallow Marsh have been removed and replaced by non-grindable mobs, so the level 36-38 grind there isn't viable

>> 

• Level 36 Murlocs around 56, 15 in Dustwallow Marsh.

Thank you for informing me about this! A fix is already on the way.

4 hours ago, Zeveron said:

Nothing major, but in the 10-20 segment it says 4 points in Ignite, but the tree shows 4 points in Impact.

image.thumb.png.0490715c216e43a8bf65e5bb8bc82334.png

Thank you! A fix is on the way 🙂

Guest MURlo

Hi. The Murlocs on the main land part in DM have been replaced by ghosts, but immediately after that, at the coast, the big island and coastal area are still rammed with grindable Murlocs, there were always more available here anyway than the inland bit where the ghosts now are. I'm grinding them as we speak. Almost no downtime, 20+ mobs up at any one time in 3 separate places along that coast. coords 57.18. A far better grind than dinos.

Guest Rydo

How is it possible to aoe pull at level 22.. i have enough mana to cast like 3-4 blizzards and that's seldom enough for the kill

On 7/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, Guest Rydo said:

How is it possible to aoe pull at level 22.. i have enough mana to cast like 3-4 blizzards and that's seldom enough for the kill

Hello,

I recommend watching the videos linked in the leveling guide. They show precisely how the pulls are executed. Maybe you want more intellect and stamina gear from the auction house to have more mana per pull. You should be able to do 3-4 Blizzards and Frost Nova the mobs 2 times.

Guest StrangeMuzik

The humans in Arathi are not level 34, they are level 30-31 and it would be difficult to grind this one spot all the way to the next step which is level 38 raptors in STV, as its rather small.

Guest SpellCrypt
On 6/25/2021 at 3:28 AM, Guest MURlo said:

Hi. The Murlocs on the main land part in DM have been replaced by ghosts, but immediately after that, at the coast, the big island and coastal area are still rammed with grindable Murlocs, there were always more available here anyway than the inland bit where the ghosts now are. I'm grinding them as we speak. Almost no downtime, 20+ mobs up at any one time in 3 separate places along that coast. coords 57.18. A far better grind than dinos.

There are 2 spots here that I have found, not 3. North of this area is the Barrens, south of this area on the coast is Defias mobs. As of right now, this spot isn't the greatest. I'm averaging about 2 hours per level here from 37-40 because I can pull the island in 2 pulls, and the coastal area is an easy 1 pull. I'm constantly waiting on mobs to respawn. Plus is a quest area for ripshredder fins or something similiar. Though it may be better than dinos in STV. I've found that the AOE farm from 37-40 is more time consuming than previous levels, not based on the amount of xp needed to level, but because of the lack of efficient AOE farming areas. Just a heads up.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, Guest StrangeMuzik said:

The humans in Arathi are not level 34, they are level 30-31 and it would be difficult to grind this one spot all the way to the next step which is level 38 raptors in STV, as its rather small.

Thank you for pointing that out! I will look into it immediately, but it might take some time until the guide updates!

*Update* After looking into it, I found that there are basically no really good alternative grinding spots except for "kill various beasts in various zones". I am sorry to say that, but TBC brought a few changes.

Guest AllThingsShen

The leveling slider at level 12 shows like 12 points distributed, but you should only have 2 at that level.  Was trying to see what I should put points into first.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, Guest AllThingsShen said:

The leveling slider at level 12 shows like 12 points distributed, but you should only have 2 at that level.  Was trying to see what I should put points into first.

Greetings AllThingsShen,

thank you for asking this question. If you scroll down below the talent section, you see the talent point distribution.

I hope I could help you with this!

Guest AllThingsShen
On 10/31/2021 at 12:20 PM, Wrdlbrmpft said:

Greetings AllThingsShen,

thank you for asking this question. If you scroll down below the talent section, you see the talent point distribution.

I hope I could help you with this!

Hey there.  So after further playing around with it, the talent slider is wrong - it actually flips to the correct version when you put the slider to level 22 and above.  Anything below 22 and it isn't giving the right point distribution into the right talents.  The talent point distribution you listed above is in fact wrong.  Looks more like the start of a fire mage spec.

On 11/7/2021 at 7:47 PM, Guest AllThingsShen said:

Hey there.  So after further playing around with it, the talent slider is wrong - it actually flips to the correct version when you put the slider to level 22 and above.  Anything below 22 and it isn't giving the right point distribution into the right talents.  The talent point distribution you listed above is in fact wrong.  Looks more like the start of a fire mage spec.

Hi,

the talents flip at level 22, because the guide recommends to play the fire spec before level 22 and then spec into frost for proper AoE grinding.

Hey guys, I'm a total newbie, and I'm trying levelling a mage at lvl 23 right now.

I was trying to AOE during some quests, but there's always some caster in the middle of the mobs which screw all up...

Any tips on how to deal with them??

6 hours ago, Viottrilhhos said:

Hey guys, I'm a total newbie, and I'm trying levelling a mage at lvl 23 right now.

I was trying to AOE during some quests, but there's always some caster in the middle of the mobs which screw all up...

Any tips on how to deal with them??

Poly them before the pull or nuke them down from a distance with single target spells and then reset any other mob that aggroed you, allowing you to do the next pull with just melee mobs 🙂 

• Like 1

Guest ZF is not viable.

Zul'farak is not farmable anymore after anti boost patch

5 hours ago, Guest ZF is not viable. said:

Zul'farak is not farmable anymore after anti boost patch

Thank you for reminding me to change it! Be sure to check out the new WotLK leveling guide as well when it's out, it will have adjustments!