FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

WoW Token Actually Exists on EU/NA Burning Crusade Classic Store Page (but Hidden and Not Enabled)

I6PpT12.png

The WoW Token has been spotted on the Battle.net shop, albeit pretty hidden and not functioning. As you can see, the token icon is actually styled to the Burning Crusade, but some argue this is most likely just due to the fact that the Chinese version of Classic already has a WoW Token, so the equivalent page was made by default (or by mistake) for NA and EU as well.

MrGM spotted the token purchasing page in the Battle.net shop, despite it not actually being offered/shown when you go to the BCC page, and even there you can't actually buy it, as it sends an error message if you try:

So this may be an error, just a default page to go with the Chinese version of the game, or preparation for when the token will be offered in BCC. Which do you think it is?

I wouldn't be against it being a possible thing to buy, cause Blizzard does need to make a profit....within reason.

2 hours ago, Lithari said:

I wouldn't be against it being a possible thing to buy, cause Blizzard does need to make a profit....within reason.

Its called Monthly fee, and somehow its already in the game.

3 hours ago, Elfomal said:

Its called Monthly fee, and somehow its already in the game.

nnah buddy there is a good reason why we have micro transactions in the game its not just cause the want to make more money, which isnt a bad thing either cause a company needs to make money but the fee isnt enough anymore im paying the same amount i was paying 15 years ago bud the game got better and better from a technical lvl i was always wondering why it never got raised 

1 hour ago, N3ilo said:

nnah buddy there is a good reason why we have micro transactions in the game its not just cause the want to make more money, which isnt a bad thing either cause a company needs to make money but the fee isnt enough anymore im paying the same amount i was paying 15 years ago bud the game got better and better from a technical lvl i was always wondering why it never got raised 

I can't believe I actually have to explain this to someone, but you do realize that hardware has gotten a lot better (or cheaper) over the last 2 decades, because, you know, that's what happens?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N3ilo said:

If you consider that wow, every 3-4 months cost close to a full new big game, like for example, final fantasy 7 remake or resident evil 2, but they dont offer the features a new game would offer. We're already by the 6 months mark with 0 new things, for almost $100, plus expansion you paid last year, for each active person, plus the fact, like i told before, for this price, you would really already got a new triple A game, or maybe even more, depending on prices and average promos.

9 hours ago, Lithari said:

Make a profit within reason? Was the *filtered* $70 deluxe edition and $40 character boosts not enough money? Jesus christ man

5 hours ago, Damingy said:

I can't believe I actually have to explain this to someone, but you do realize that hardware has gotten a lot better (or cheaper) over the last 2 decades, because, you know, that's what happens?

the wow servers dont run on the same type of hardware you play games on lol. i mean, a server to host as many players as a the wow playerbase on just 1 wow server and  say 50k people.... would require atleast(maybe more)  256gb ecc ram, 2x 10gb Ethernet cards, and maybe a top of the line cpu, an intel xeon gold or platnium cpu.....youre looking at spending about $10,000, for just 1 server...because one doesnt simply go to a computer store to build a server. most companies order those expensive overpriced ones from hp, dell, or cisco, to receive the technical top level support and warranties. the cheapest hp i could i find of the 10th gen proliant server, that even came close to those specs, was $6000 from a reseller company in the states.

while blizzard can more than afford it. its not about that. they do it for living. people have jobs there. they gotta pay them. nobody works for free. would you work for a company, provide free service to ungrateful customers? i sure wouldnt. i'd expect to get paid lots to have to deal with the constant problems blizzard faces on a daily bases.

Edited by pharrowboy

6 hours ago, Damingy said:

I can't believe I have to explain inflation to someone, but you do realize that $15/mo in 2004 means that the subscription should cost $21/mo in 2021, just on inflation alone? Hardware improvements in the past 17 years can't account for increases in salary to developers and graphic artists, and for at least a good decade WoW's subscriber numbers were on the decline, with the exception of the first few months after each new expansion release.

Haha it's always the same with the addicted:

- They won't do that

- It's just a mistake they don't even have it enabled

- They announced it but they probably will change their mind

- I wanted that token anyway

Followed up by the people without any idea about money:

- The boost and monthly fee just isn't enough to fulfill the investors

- Don't you understand, more money = more content

Also the classic:

- WoW is no sinking ship, no they are not scamming us, see they made profit while losing a huge base

- A critical amount of key devs left Blizzard but as you can see they still hold strong!

- They kicked a lot of staff and used that money to boost the payout of the CEOs, they 100% still a community oriented company

Edited by andthatsprettytrue

11 hours ago, andthatsprettytrue said:

Haha it's always the same with the addicted:

- They won't do that

- It's just a mistake they don't even have it enabled

- They announced it but they probably will change their mind

- I wanted that token anyway

Followed up by the people without any idea about money:

- The boost and monthly fee just isn't enough to fulfill the investors

- Don't you understand, more money = more content

Also the classic:

- WoW is no sinking ship, no they are not scamming us, see they made profit while losing a huge base

- A critical amount of key devs left Blizzard but as you can see they still hold strong!

- They kicked a lot of staff and used that money to boost the payout of the CEOs, they 100% still a community oriented company

To be fair a similar situation to this happened back in Vanilla Classic when the token appeared in the game files/AH and it turned out it didn't ever show up on Western servers, was just for Asia. Not saying that's the case now, but there's a reason to think it might not be coming now either at least.