FORUMS
Starym

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 27th

x-JE7mze-1.png

Her come Tuesday's hotfixes, featuring a brand new and infinite use for Anima, as it can be traded for Korthite Crystals and tradeskill goods!

Blizzard LogoJuly 27 (Source)

Classes

• Druid
    • Fixed an issue where Kindred Affinity Kindred Affinity (Runecarving Power) would persist even after the Legendary was removed.
  • Monk
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Touch of Death Touch of Death to be unable to be used on targets at the correct health threshold.

Creatures and NPCs

• Towering Exterminator and Konthrogz the Obliterator will now re-appear in a central part of Korthia if they manage to fall off the side of the world.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sanctum of Domination
    • Remnant of Ner'zhul
      • Adjusted the recast of Orb of Torment to ensure it is cast more consistently on Mythic difficulty.
      • Orbs of Torment have had their health reduced by 66% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Adjusted the recast of Malevolence to ensure it is cast more consistently on Mythic difficulty.
    • Kel'Thuzad
      • No longer maintains his mana between phases, and now resets to 100 mana when he exits the Phylactery Phase.
        • Developers’ note: This should alleviate issues where pushing into a new phase at various mana levels was causing bad timings.

Items and Rewards

• Broker Ko'tul in the Great Vault room will now exchange excess Anima for caches of tradeskill goods, including Korthite Crystal Korthite Crystals.
    • Developers’ note: As players have traversed the more Anima-rich lands of Korthia, some players are finding that they no longer have new unlocks to spend it on. We do not intend to add significant new one-time Anima sinks in Chains of Domination, and want to provide an outlet for players who are content with their choice of Covenant but have purchased everything that is offered.
  • The re-purchase price of the Covenant armor set granted as quest rewards from the Shadowland campaign have been increased to reflect the greater abundance of Anima.

Quests

• Players will now receive credit for “To the Vault” if they ride the flayedwing from Keeper's Respite to the Vault of Secrets.

Bah.  How about making it easier to purchase Cov items we still need?  Like the all the Kyrian stuff locked behind odd achievements for the Path of Ascension.  Night Fae have five Cov vendors to spend at, plus their game offers random rewards for free.  Kyrians have two plus all the locked game ones.  Don’t need more trade goods, thanks…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GryphonMD said:

Don’t need more trade goods, thanks…

actually the change probably will have some impact on legendary rang 6 value due to low drop rates on korthite crystals and many people will enjoy that while the seller who allrdy bought crystals for the upcoming week wont.

Edited by ResoWho

1 hour ago, ResoWho said:

actually the change probably will have some (huge) impact on legendary rang 6 value due to low drop rates on korthite crystals and many people will enjoy that while the seller who allrdy bought crystals for the upcoming week wont.

Sure, I agree, and it’s already happening… but that doesn’t help my anima issues.

12 hours ago, ResoWho said:

actually the change probably will have some impact on legendary rang 6 value due to low drop rates on korthite crystals and many people will enjoy that while the seller who allrdy bought crystals for the upcoming week wont.

It's only a low drop rate if you do your 5 dailies and leave. Not saying you have to stick around and kill all that day's rares and loot every mushroom, nest, and cache, especially given the time gating on the Shades and Chambers, but I've probably sold over a 100 of them since patch launch, and thats with reserving what I needed for my own legendary upgrades.

Also (and this may just be my own experiences), but the drop rate seems to be higher in riskier areas, such as going into the rift side to loot chests and kill a few rares that spawn only in the Maw rift side, which you have to do anyways if you're pursuing Nilganihmaht Control RingNilganihmaht Control Ring

Edited by SidonisAntares

3 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

It's only a low drop rate if you do your 5 dailies and leave. Not saying you have to stick around and kill all that day's rares and loot every mushroom, nest, and cache, especially given the time gating on the Shades and Chambers, but I've probably sold over a 100 of them since patch launch, and thats with reserving what I needed for my own legendary upgrades.

Also (and this may just be my own experiences), but the drop rate seems to be higher in riskier areas, such as going into the rift side to loot chests and kill a few rares that spawn only in the Maw rift side, which you have to do anyways if you're pursuing Nilganihmaht Control RingNilganihmaht Control Ring

well i had to do dailies, chests and some rares (mostly like 5 to 8 rares on each character) on 2 characters and just hit 40 crystals last week so that i could craft my legendary rang 6 on my main. But i heard that the crystals still can drop even if you reached daily chest cap (included mushrooms and nests) but i didnt test that out.

A friend of mine did it also with 2 characters like i did and he just hit 38 crystals yesterday, another friend who just plays 1 character had 21 crystals and sold them yesterday to afford rang 6 legendary today ^^

may i ask how many characters you used and how many rares you did on a daily base to reach ~140 that fast? also i didnt went into the rifts except to trigger a rare and to collect all relicts so i might gonna test that next time because ~100 more crystals is a huge amount of money. ^^

Edited by ResoWho

52 minutes ago, ResoWho said:

may i ask how many characters you used and how many rares you did on a daily base to reach ~140 that fast? also i didnt went into the rifts except to trigger a rare and to collect all relicts so i might gonna test that next time because ~100 more crystals is a huge amount of money. ^^

4 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

stick around and kill all that day's rares and loot every mushroom, nest, and cache

By Sunday Korthia is pretty dead compared to Tuesday/Wednesday when everyone and their mother is trying to do dailies, weeklies, assaults, and Morgeth, which means you actually have time to get to a rare that is more than viewing distance away from you before its dead. Once I've gotten everything I can get immediately while going around getting the dailies done, I just set timers and take care of my usual Sunday stuff, like laundry and meal prep.

The rift side shades that you pull out to kill are on 20 min rotation from the last one dying in a set order, and the chambers of knowledge and wisdom are 15 min apart while the pair of them are an hour after the last pair was killed.

There's 3 rift caches in Korthia that each has a unique grouping of spawn points similar to the three keys for the chest at the Seeker's Quorum, and if you miss a chest because someone else looted it 5 min ago, it will be back up in a random spot of the possible ones for that chest in a minute or two.

Edit - The one thing that sucks about rift caches, is the one that spawns in and around Seeker's Quorum, has one spot out of the five possible across the gap next to where Reilwik's nest spawns, so unless you have a way to cheese across the gap, you have to leave the rift, fly across, and enter the rift again.

Edited by SidonisAntares

And now I’m really confused.  The patch notes say you can exchange excess anima at Ko’tul.  However, he only accepts Attendant's Token of Merit, which comes from the Great Vault.  No way to dump anima at all!

Edit: look like there’s two vendors with nearly-identical names.  The guy named in the patch notes is not the right vendor… the one standing next to him is.

Edited by GryphonMD